Thai family visiting France

Hello all ive posted something similar like this before but would like to recap if you guys dont mind ...im now in thailand i have a thai wife stepson and my son who has a British passport im looking to take them to france next year so want to start and put things in place my wife is panicking a little ..i live and have an address in france where ive lived for many years  i want to take my family for 2 weeks do Disney ect with the kids and tour a little ..my wife works for the goverment here so has to do a bit of a thing with them about leaving but just a formality....so is it easy to do get a visa myself or as a OP recomended the last time to let one of the visa companies do it  stress free   but of course not cash free eh ...as i said i posted this some time ago when i was still in france   now  need to be bit a little clearer   tks in advance 

I have done schengen tourist visas for the wife (and multiple GFs and 1st wife before her) almost annually for years. Never had one denied. 

Its a lot more simple and trivial than so many make out.. Fill the forms in, show some funds, and bingo.. I have applied for Germany Portugal, Holland, as well as non schengen ireland and 5 year TRs for uk.. All granted. I would never consider using an agent at those prices to simply prepare my docs. 

4 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

I have done schengen tourist visas for the wife (and multiple GFs and 1st wife before her) almost annually for years. Never had one denied. 

Its a lot more simple and trivial than so many make out.. Fill the forms in, show some funds, and bingo.. I have applied for Germany Portugal, Holland, as well as non schengen ireland and 5 year TRs for uk.. All granted. I would never consider using an agent at those prices to simply prepare my docs. 

Thanks mate..can you tell me a little more ...when applying do we need a flight already booked as id prefer to get the visa before ..im looking to take thd family fof 2 weeks so how far in fron of my departure  date can i apply for a visa as my wifd needs to give notice to her boss fof the holliday what 8s thevtotal cost per person i have my wife ..my wife son 7 yrs old and my son who has a british passport he is 2     what are the first stages to get this rolling   tks any help appreciated 

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

Thanks mate..can you tell me a little more ...when applying do we need a flight already booked as id prefer to get the visa before ..im looking to take thd family fof 2 weeks so how far in fron of my departure  date can i apply for a visa as my wifd needs to give notice to her boss fof the holliday what 8s thevtotal cost per person i have my wife ..my wife son 7 yrs old and my son who has a british passport he is 2     what are the first stages to get this rolling   tks any help appreciated 

Depends on the country your applying to so ask them.. 

Portugal told me not to bother until the visa was issued, Germany which has a local consul to me also, however as I am confident of german applications now, I have purchased a ticket before it was granted recently. 

You need to ask the embassy your looking to go to if it is a required part of the process. Also same with insurance, Schengen insurance can be purchased where they refund if you show proof of visa denial. 

On 10/25/2019 at 3:09 PM, LivinLOS said:

You need to ask the embassy your looking to go to if it is a required part of the process. Also same with insurance,

A travel ticket (full booking) is NOT required, but a reservation for a flight is required. That rule is a standard rule, the same for all Schengen embassies.  Some embassies explicitly warn people not to buy a ticket as to not waste money in case of a visa refusal.

Medical travel insurance need to be aquired before handing in the application. That too is the same for all embassies. In case of a visa refusal the insurance fee should be paid back by the insurance compan (minus perhaps a small fee). Embassies have a list of companies that they accept which provide sufficient cover and who pay back incase of a visa refusal. 

See the sticky topic for details. 

Archived