Back to Back Single Entrry 90 day None O Visa (Child)

I have an O visa of 90 days (single entry) to spend time with my son in Thailand.

When it expires is it possible to apply for a second single entry o from outside Thailand as I soon have to visit Vietnam and China.

Do immigration have any issues with me spending 90 days here with my boy and then doing the same again for another 90 days?

Ive proof of a decent income, proof of job in UK and a condo in BKK.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, mrfil said:

When it expires is it possible to apply for a second single entry o from outside Thailand as I soon have to visit Vietnam and China.

Yes, except you won't get one from China unless you are legally resident there.

Do immigration have any issues with me spending 90 days here with my boy and then doing the same again for another 90 days?

Not as things stand they don't. 

You can - as a parent - get a 60 day extension of any 90 days stay. It costs 1,900 baht from your local immigration office.

Ive proof of a decent income, proof of job in UK and a condo in BKK.

Immigration at the border wouldn't be interested in any of that. You should carry a copy of your sons birth certificate and show that if they start questioning the reason for your visits.

If you are the legal parent (not just named on the birth certificate) - and you can show 400K min in the bank or a foreign income of at least 40K pm min - you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay. 

10 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You can - as a parent - get a 60 day extension of any 90 days stay. It costs 1,900 baht from your local immigration office.

Great info, thanks!

Is that 60 day extension the same sort of process as extending a tourist visa or is it more complex, cant seem to find too much info about this.

Though I do have to leave the country this time near to the end of my current visa, this could be an option next time while I work out the 1 year situation!

Edited by mrfil
ETA

3 minutes ago, mrfil said:

Is that the same sort of process as extending a 60 day visa or is it more complex, cant seem to find too much info about this.

Pretty much. It's best to ask at your local office exactly what they require, but your child will have to be with you when you apply. They will want to see the original birth certificate and a copy of their house registration book.