Mass of dead fish at Naka Island from wasteful practices of fishermen, not natural disaster

webfact

Mass of dead fish at Naka Island from wasteful practices of fishermen, not natural disaster

By The Phuket News

1571984286_1-org.jpg

PHUKET: The president of the Phuket Fishery Association has urged local residents to not panic over a beach at Naka Island, off Phuket’s east coast, being covered with dead fish yesterday evening as if from a serious environmental incident.

Phuket Fishery Association President Somyot Wongboonyakul told The Phuket News today (Oct 25) that the mass of dead fish are the leftovers from local fishermen sorting out their catch of anchovies.

“Please don’t panic about it. This from local fishermen, not a natural disaster,” Mr Somyot said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/mass-of-dead-fish-at-naka-island-from-wasteful-practices-of-fishermen-not-natural-disaster-73369.php#BPHP1JeVZ2Z678wJ.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-25
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I suspect that if the fishermen were going for anchovies then they were using fine line nets that catch everything and this might be what can only be described as a byproduct.anchovies here cost a small fortune so I can see what might be going on.

please don't jump on me,this is only one theory that maybe possible.

• Like 1