Phuket wildlife chief warns against slow loris photo touts as wounded loris found with paw missing

webfact

Phuket wildlife chief warns against slow loris photo touts as wounded loris found with paw missing

By The Phuket News

1571980425_1-org.jpg

The slow loris was found with many small wounds and its left paw missing, believed to have been inflicted by an electric shock. Photo: Khao Phra Thaew Nature and Wildlife Education Centre

PHUKET: The Chief of the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area has urged people to report any touts seen with a slow loris trying to charge tourists to have their photo taken with native mammal.

Khao Phra Thaew Chief Piyawat Sukhon explained that the call for reporting slow loris touts comes as Phuket enters its tourist high season, when many tourists he says are unaware that slow loris are a protected species.

“I believe that the tourists who have their photos taken with a loris do not know that it is illegal just because lorises look cute.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-wildlife-chief-warns-against-slow-loris-photo-touts-as-wounded-loris-found-with-paw-missing-73368.php#wLtYlth1z0yEUu3w.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-25
  • Sad 3

Just 2 weeks ago at Kata i saw 1 man with slow loris charging tourist for pics with another getaway ride just 5m away on their getaway bike. Immediately i call the authorities however they told me sorry nothing can be done as they are at Talang atm. Shouldnt they put more officers on this instead of just 1 guy? I was very sad for the poor lories