New website domain needed - free of cost

stephenterry

Two day ago, I had the misfortune for my Weebly website to be closed down without notice, which was annoying. I had been using it for years on a no-fee basic basis, just posting on a blog page. Presumably, they only want subscribers.

Anyone know any other free website   - or even how to create one, with a no-cost domain. Note: I use the internet on a daily basis but the mechanics of the technology goes over my head!!  

All help appreciated.

43 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

the mechanics of the technology goes over my head

The mechanical part is putting the plug in the wall, switching the computer on and using keyboard and mouse. I am sure you can handle all this.

Apart from that what's your idea? If you want a free service without technical hassle why don't you use existing services like forums, facebook, and other free services?

Obviously you could have your own domain and own hosting and that is not even expensive. But it's a lot more complicated then using existing services. 

You have to buy a domain once. then you can host your web site using trusted web hosting services. bluehosting is the one of the best hosting services in world. Usually you can buy a domain and host the site both from web hosting services. It's not a free, but I heard that it's optimal solution within paid variants
bluehosting

9 minutes ago, Shengen said:

You have to buy a domain once.

He doesn't "have" to, plenty of options have been provided. IMO he "should" but up to him. It's also not a guess of buying it once, it's an ongoing cost.

9 minutes ago, Shengen said:

I heard that it's optimal solution within paid variants

Sorry, have to disagree again, better to have separation between your domain name provider and your webhost.

Archived