Trump hails death of 'depraved' Islamic State leader Baghdadi in U.S. raid

webfact

4 hours ago, neeray said:

I hope I am wrong but my guess is that there will be a reprisal attack on US soil sometime in the next month or two.

Should this happen, Trumps gloating will be, to some degree, responsible in part for such an attack.

I seem to recall that when Saddam Hussein was caught, "W" suggested not to gloat. And I don't recall Obama gloating after the bin Laden raid.

But a peacock is a peacock !

There will be reprisals in many places. Also Christmas is coming and it is a special time for muslims to murder Christians. So we can expect a lot of bloodshed especially in Europe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

13 minutes ago, pegman said:

Good on everyone involved in taking out these 2. From the guys on the ground up to Trump. That said draft dodgers have no right calling others coward. 

Clearly apocryphal reasoning.  The cowardice of a given person does not depend on who comments on his cowardice.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trump thanks Russia for their support with this ‘mission’, Russia respond by saying they don’r Know what he’s on about:

From Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-baghdadi-russia-commen/russian-defense-ministry-we-are-unaware-of-alleged-assistance-in-baghdadi-operation-ria-idUSKBN1X60J4

Just another of his lies they are so many these days.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Two good things came out about Trump during his press conference.

1. He oversaw the operation to take out the most evil man in the Middle East.

2. His honesty. Had no compunctions about admitting that it's all about the oil. He isn't withdrawing all troups from Syrtia, he's leaving a contingent to guard the Syrian oilfields as he now claims that they belong to the US and that the US will make many billions from the oil. Went on at length to justify that claim.

It formed a major part of the press conference, Trump continually returned to it, yet not mentioned in the OP or anywhere in this thread.

At last an American president has admitted that the US involvement in the Middle East and the deaths of thousands of US troups are all about the oil.

How could a draft Dodger and known coward oversee a military operation???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

Glad the guy is dead. The rest of your post, well, I think we'll notice all too soon ISIS is far from dead.

ISIS, like many other terrorist groups can be likened to the Lernaean Hydra or Hydra.

Every time a head is chopped off, 2 more grew in its place. For every terrorist leader killed like this guy Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and Osama Bin Laden were killed someone else took their place and the terrorism doesn.t stop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lernaean_Hydra

Lernaean Hydra or Hydra of Lerna (Greek: Λερναῖα Ὕδρα, Lernaîa Hýdra), more often known simply as the Hydra, is a serpentine water monster in Greek and Roman mythology. Its lair was the lake of Lerna in the Argolid, which was also the site of the myth of the Danaïdes. Lerna was reputed to be an entrance to the Underworld,[1] and archaeology has established it as a sacred site older than Mycenaean Argos. In the canonical Hydra myth, the monster is killed by Heracles (Hercules) as the second of his Twelve Labors.[2]

According to Hesiod, the Hydra was the offspring of Typhon and Echidna.[3] It had poisonous breath and blood so virulent that even its scent was deadly.[4] The Hydra possessed many heads, the exact number of which varies according to the source. Later versions of the Hydra story add a regeneration feature to the monster: for every head chopped off, the Hydra would regrow two heads.[5] Heracles required the assistance of his nephew Iolaus to cut off all of the monster's heads and burn the neck using sword and fire.[6]

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“He was a sick and depraved man and now he’s gone,” said Trump, adding that capturing or killing Baghdadi had been his administration’s top national security priority.

Said Trump: It was a big beautiful raid. The biggest raid ever. And all done by our great and beautiful patriotic army men directed by my unmatched wisdom.

• Haha 2

fact or fiction 

trump said he told the Putin /Putin said he knew nothing about it 

said he was chased into deadened cave/the pictures show the place on flat land 

pictures show night time bombing and gunfire

final pictures next morning show a completely bombed out building flattened to the ground 

no one could have survived that bombing /and all people there would have been blown to pieces 

next they might tell us the suicide  vest did the destruction 

• Like 2