Police station with no cops - excuses fly in Thai "drama"

webfact

Police station with no cops - excuses fly in Thai "drama"

7pm1.jpg

Thai caption : Find out where all the cops went to

Reaction to a story about a deserted police station is playing out like a Thai soap opera. 

Everyone is blaming everyone else as the public demand answers. 

The drama began when a post was made online that the Khlong Luang Provincial police station was entirely unmanned. 

Someone wanted to report a crime but found only people sleeping at the station - there was not a cop in sight. 

Police spokesman Pol Col Krissana Patanacharoen said that Pathum Thani provincial chief Maj-Gen Chayut Marayat had called for an immediate investigation. 

He was clearly under pressure from a furious national police chief Gen Chakthip Chaijinda.

Now the station chief Pol Col Termphao Siriphuban has come out with a seriies of excuses as long as the arm of the law!

7pm2_VI.jpg

Thai caption : Station of the missing police

He blamed shift changes, illness, an ongoing drugs bust as well as the standard "miscommunication and misunderstanding" line. 

He also had time to point a finger at a senior sergeant major under his command whose "straight talking" had led to confusion that was relayed through a clip that was posted online. 

Meanwhile local officials, concerned that this was less about misunderstanding and more about dereliction of duty have been holding meetings. 

The case looks set to be the "drama" of the week as the Thai press like to refer to such matters, notes Thaivisa. 

For many of the public they will see it as a soap opera with everyone from the chief of the RTP down to duty staff as stars of the show.

Source: Sanook | Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-28

Privacy means nothing in Thailand in this case. Everybody can walk in this police station and read the documents they are in the cabinets. I wouldn´t wonder if the computers are running and everybody can check out data. And at the end I like that nobody has stolen the computers and monitors.

Went to Pattaya police station on a Sunday morning at 8.00am last year.

Deserted except for a couple of girls and guys (who might have been cops in plain clothes).

Was told by one girl, who spoke good English, that the guy said it did not open till 10.00am.

Did they check the back rooms to see if they were asleep or playing cards? Best excuse i can see that the boss of the station might get away with is by saying The cops in Thailand are just pure lazy. That would make the head man of the police force take notice because he be thinking this guy is talking about me 

Archived