Video: "Embarrassing" fight as "win" attacks suspected Grab biker at BTS

webfact

15 hours ago, madmen said:

Yeah really excellent, the scum out the front of central world wanted 200 baht to take me to soi buhakao in late january a 5 minute ride

I think this is a very good price. Central World is in Bangkok and to Soi Buakhao in Pattaya it is a very far ride. But perhaps you are talking about the Central Mall in Pattaya. It is a short ride for you but the taxi has to drive back and there are many one way roads. It also will be the last in the queue waiting for new customers. 

I don't want to say that all taxi drivers are honest and perfect people. And I think almost everywhere in the world you have to be aware that business and the underlying contract is up to you and to your business partner. If there is any tourist location made for "Dummies" please let me know it. 

On 10/28/2019 at 3:25 PM, Beggar said:

At first I was not happy that normal taxi drivers fight against Grab drivers. In the meantime I begin to understand them. They need to survive too. I know 3 people driving with their car for Grab in Pattaya. They earn next to nothing. There seem to be too many drivers or not enough customers for the existing drivers. The only winner seems to be Grab. They always earn their percentage of the fare. 

They earn the whole fare, but they have to top-up their credit, so let's say a driver top-up 500 baht , that will let him drive and earn 2000 baby before he have to top-up again, so in other words a driver gets 75% grab takes 25%, not to bad.

1 hour ago, Totoandlilly said:

They earn the whole fare, but they have to top-up their credit, so let's say a driver top-up 500 baht , that will let him drive and earn 2000 baby before he have to top-up again, so in other words a driver gets 75% grab takes 25%, not to bad.

How do they earn the whole fare if Grab takes 25 Percent of it? 

The problem is that there are not many customers. Sometimes my friends have no customers for several days. Often they have only one costumer for about 150 Baht (minus 25 percent for Grab) a day. The more drivers the better for Grab but not for the drivers. In the end the Grab drivers (at least the ones I know and their friends) don't earn much and also the regular taxi drivers suffer because of the cheap competition. I think it is time for some regulation by the government so that everyone can survive. There is one more problem. Many Thais see as their cost only the fuel costs when they drive around for Grab. They don't calculate that their car causes costs too for every km they drive. So their profit calculations are often very optimistic and simply wrong.

One more thing. Many customers are Thais or Asian tourists. They never give any tip. Sometimes they try to bargain or say that they don't have the full amount in cash. Perhaps 20 or 50 Baht less... and if they still can do the trip. If you drove to the costumer for a greater distance what will you do to cover your cost? Probably you will accept. Better this than nothing. 

Archived