Buying and Selling an Elite on BahtSold

...or other online marketplaces. I checked and saw 2 of them in the last month, but they were strange versions I'd never heard of before. One is a "family Elite for 1.5m and another is an "Ultimate elite" for 2.8m).

I'm interested in a partially used 20 year. I guess they don't come up for sale 2nd hand that often. I want to know what discount is available for buying and also what level of value they hold per year.

Has anyone transacted in used Elite Visas? What price do they fetch? They must have some minimum discount of 10% for the transfer fee. And more than that for being 2nd hand.

The normal rate for the 20 year Elite is 1 million baht so 50,000 thb/year. Deducting 5,000 for transfer fee we are at 45,000 per year as a top end amount. Is it realistic to pick these up for 35,000 (times years remaining) or so?

Edited by Hal65

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

I have the original lifetime TE Visa I bought 20 years ago.  I am still required to check in every 90 days and also extend.  The Elite staff meet me @ CW and the entire process takes less than 40 minutes from the time I arrive to the time I depart.

I would like to sell my lifetime visa.  Elite will charge me a transfer fee of 200,000 BHT.  You will retain this Visa for life but you are unable to resell it in the future.

If you are 100% serious, PM me.  I will forward emails from TE that verify my position.

Cheers to all and Happy Holiday!

10 hours ago, peibol77 said:

I'm also interested in this. Have you managed to find any data in this regard, Hal65?

No, still researching this.

1 hour ago, Myran said:

I believe there are older versions that are transferable, but not the current ones.

@MyranI have not heard that, where did you see that the new ones can't be re sold (for a 10% transfer fee)?

13 hours ago, looking for LIFE insurance said:

Hello All,

I have the original lifetime TE Visa I bought 20 years ago.  I am still required to check in every 90 days and also extend.  The Elite staff meet me @ CW and the entire process takes less than 40 minutes from the time I arrive to the time I depart.

I would like to sell my lifetime visa.  Elite will charge me a transfer fee of 200,000 BHT.  You will retain this Visa for life but you are unable to resell it in the future.

If you are 100% serious, PM me.  I will forward emails from TE that verify my position.

Hi,

Pm sent please check it 

15 hours ago, looking for LIFE insurance said:

Hello All,

is that your lifetime or the lifetime of the new owner

3 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Are u sure the new owner gets lifetime? Normally the new owner gets 20 or 30 years, can't exactly remember.

I stand to be corrected, but I think the rules on transfer of the original Thailand Elite memberships is according to the same conditions as always. The transfer is only possible one time, costs 10% of the original membership signup fee, and attracts an annual fee. Thailand Elite may (as they have done with other original members) offer the option of transferring to the 20-year membership with one-year permission to stay at a time (no 90-day extensions).

In the event that the Member wants to transfer Membership to the third person, what are the procedures to do so?

Only Grand Individual member are allow to transfer once and subject to the rate of twenty percent (20%) excluding VAT of current market price at the time of the transfer and the approval as stated on Terms and Conditions of Thailand Elite Membership. After transfer, the term of the Membership is subject to the remaining period. Easy Access Member are not allow to transfer their membership

There around 7 types of Elite visa in total. And there’s one option allowing you to stay here for 20 years for a one-million baht fee. And there’s also another option that you give you 20 years in Thailand but coming with 2 millions baht. But it also comes with other privileges.