Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Trouble getting green book from Dealer.

Billpro785

Bought a new Kawasaki KLX 150 from the Kawai dealer in Rayong in May of this year. At time of purchase, gave them a Certificate of Residency which was valid for 30 days.  End of July they called and needed another Certificate as the old one now expired. Made the trip to Rayong, ( From where I live is a overnight trip),  and gave them a new one. Called them yesterday to check on the status, and was told I needed another one as the one in July has expired. Is this normal or is something not right ?  Would like to get the book, as for a physical reason really don't like the bike, and what to sell to trade it.  

2 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

Called them yesterday to check on the status, and was told I needed another one as the one in July has expired. Is this normal or is something not right ?

Well it's 29th of October'19 so sometime not right if you paid cash in May'19 there are delays sometimes if you have the bike on finance.

Just bought a bike from another province and to make matter more complicated it is from an auction of repossessed bikes. The DLT told me it may take 1 week to clear the papers and transfer the motorcycle to my name as well as transferring its registration to Bangkok. That's why I said your case is shady, it's really should be easy to transfer it to your name, especially if you paid for it in cash. 

I think you should ask for help, but I myself have no idea where to point you to. Maybe try shops who do things like renewal and bike checking, let them contact the dealer directly and ask for documents so that they can process it themselves? 

On 10/29/2019 at 9:25 AM, alx123 said:

With clean papers, it would take just a few days to transfer the bike to your name. Something shady about your case...

If the tax has been paid on the bike by the dealer?

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

In many cases that's exactly what is causing holdups from what I heard. DLTs usually can process a registration (or transfer) within a few days or a week. There were not many reports that the DLT had been causing undue delays but many caused by the dealers. And there are only 2 possible reasons fo a delay by the dealer in most cases: 1. Incompetence (they forget, lose papers etc) 2. They try to delay it intentionally to delay tax payments.

If 1. was the case then surely after the first or second complaint they should try to get their act together. If 2. then the delays might be quite long until enough pressure is excerted on them.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Even bikes with delinquent tax shouldn't take that long to process. It just take a few baht's in late payment penalties then everything will be sorted out.  

1 hour ago, canopus1969 said:

and how does one pay the Road Tax without the Registration Book ?

That's one of the things the dealer is supposed to do when registering the bike unless the buyer agrees to do the registration themselves (then they need supporting documents from the dealer).

6 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

So start charging the Thais money until they can.

That's gonna work. ????

I would not give the dealer any money until he can produce the (in this case) the green book. Would you buy a vehicle and trust the seller if he/she told you that you'll get the book within a few months?

27 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I would not give the dealer any money until he can produce the (in this case) the green book. 

Did he not give the dealer the money when he "Bought a new Kawasaki KLX 150 from the Kawai dealer in Rayong in May of this year. "

"Would you buy a vehicle and trust the seller if he/she told you that you'll get the book within a few months?"

You think you can buy a new vehicle, and tell them that you're not paying for it until they register it in your name and give your the ownership documents?

????

Man that's funny. ????

It'll be difficult to pass the cost to the company. I've recently been to Rayong Immigration too, they charged me 500 baht per Certificate of Residency (+100 baht if I didn't have a blue photo to give them), and refused to give any receipts. It makes me feel like the fee was not official - I hope they didn't charge OP a different fee.

17 minutes ago, StarSpray said:

It'll be difficult to pass the cost to the company. I've recently been to Rayong Immigration too, they charged me 500 baht per Certificate of Residency (+100 baht if I didn't have a blue photo to give them), and refused to give any receipts. It makes me feel like the fee was not official - I hope they didn't charge OP a different fee.

The fee is not official, differs from office to office and those certificates are supposed to be free. Officially it will be denied that people have to pay for it.

36 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

You think you can buy a new vehicle, and tell them that you're not paying for it until they register it in your name and give your the ownership documents?

14 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

So, what's your limit, 6-7 months?

I think it's clear why you've never bought a new vehicle here.

Either:

1) You were laughed out of the dealership when you declared that you're not paying for it until they've registered it in your name and can produce the ownersip documents with you listed as the owner. ???? 

or:

2) You can't afford a new vehicle.

Number 2? 

Well sent them another certificate of residency from the US Embassy, via Kerry Express, now they say I will need to send them copies of the serial numbers on masking tape, and will be at least 2 or more weeks to get the book. Problem is too I now live in Kanchanaburi, and the dealer is near Pattaya. So I would assume I would have to travel to Pattaya and get the local police involved ? Not sure what I can do at this point, maybe call the credit card company, was a master card  and file a dispute ? Of course by this time I have paid off the card. 

Archived