Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

My apologies Mr. OhdLover

I understand you understand Dutch - however double Dutch can flummox lot on em given half a chance - know what I mean nudge nudge nods as good as a wink to a blind skittle

No need to quote all quotes if you want to keep this topic readable. If you want to be a comedian (which I would seriously not recommend), try your family and friends first or start a website instead of boring people who are interested in what's going on with VT7.

Not trying to be funny OhdLover but you have hit the nail firmly on the head

What's going on with VT7?

Absolutely, Utterly, Completely

NOWT

Very well done to the moderator, It is good to know that that sort of comment is not tolerated.

For all the comedians I recommend join the blog run by the halfwit called Blackpuddin, under this address.

Wow. I could say thanks for the link but I won't. That blog owner is obviously a mental case and the sad thing is he probably doesn't realize it.

Saturday we have finished two and a half days watching the Rayong Administrative Court ordered survey by a Bangkok surveyor from the Ministry of the Interior. It was witnessed by Pattaya City Hall officials and representative of our condo. It started at the Pattaya Meteorological Station where a Mean Sea Level (MSL) reference pin is located. This pin is approximately 60 meters above sea level. Starting at this pin, measurements had to be made down to the sea by using surveying instruments to establish MSL in front of VT7.

From the international standard, which is at +1.448 meter elevation for MSL, the location of the VT7 building starts about 87 meters from MSL and the entire building is inside the 200 meter which is stated in Issue 9 as the limit for construction that is to be no more than 14 meters high. We now wait for the official report to the court by the Bangkok surveyor group. :o

post-44552-1195311852_thumb.jpg

post-44552-1195311874_thumb.jpg

post-44552-1195311948_thumb.jpg

Saturday we have finished two and a half days watching the Rayong Administrative Court ordered survey by a Bangkok surveyor from the Ministry of the Interior. It was witnessed by Pattaya City Hall officials and representative of our condo. It started at the Pattaya Meteorological Station where a Mean Sea Level (MSL) reference pin is located. This pin is approximately 60 meters above sea level. Starting at this pin, measurements had to be made down to the sea by using surveying instruments to establish MSL in front of VT7.

From the international standard, which is at +1.448 meter elevation for MSL, the location of the VT7 building starts about 87 meters from MSL and the entire building is inside the 200 meter which is stated in Issue 9 as the limit for construction that is to be no more than 14 meters high. We now wait for the official report to the court by the Bangkok surveyor group. :o

Now that the survey has concluded do you have a better date when the Court will make a ruling?

Now that the survey has concluded do you have a better date when the Court will make a ruling?

So let me get this right

200 meters Vt7 is illegal?

100 meters VT7 is illegal?

Interesting

I was able to get on this site this morning. It's great! Very well written, easy to read because of sentence construction, spelling, punctuation. And a great service to the community.

I wonder what Marekm1's problem is?

So the whole of VT7 is inside the 200 meters and is only 87 meters from MSL.

In talking with 2 people in the past couple of weeks both have wondered what will happen to VT5 - as one said the clock is ticking and interested parties just have 5 years to ask for it to be removed. Does anybody know, is the 5 years from beginning of construction, or from completion of building?

However one thing he does get over is that the View Talay 7 Project would be a big joke if it was not for the fact that the results of this clearly illegal folly will mean a lot of folks losing a lot of money

If VT goes bankrupt I will feel sorry for these folks if they don't get their money back. I will feel happy that we won't have to see anymore 'cereal boxes' which have the potential for becoming slummy and are eyesores.

Will the court rule on whether the legal distance 100 meters or 200 meters? They could simply decide that the building is not the 100 meters from the sea required by the original building permit and let it go at that.

Then what? Can VT7 revise its building plan and set the next 23 stories 15 meters further back? If they do that, will they be required to apply for a new building permit? Remember, the lawsuit was not against VT7 but City Hall for issuing an illegal permit.

Then what? Do the residents of Jomtien Complex have to go back to court all over again?

One thing for sure, whoever loses will appeal.

If the court refuses to rule definitively on the 100-200 meter question, the worms keep coming out of the can. Other projects like North Point are also liable to challenge. There have been a number of permits issued for buildings of dubious distance. even at 100 meters. I can think of one in particular. Certainly, there will be more lawsuits to challenge existing permits under Ministerial Regulation Issue 9. Issue 9. What will City Hall do? Remeasure?

So, the two big issues that need to be settled are still in play: what is the correct distance from MSL, and can a previously issued permit be revoked?

Edited by brooklynbridge

However one thing he does get over is that the View Talay 7 Project would be a big joke if it was not for the fact that the results of this clearly illegal folly will mean a lot of folks losing a lot of money

If VT goes bankrupt I will feel sorry for these folks if they don't get their money back. I will feel happy that we won't have to see anymore 'cereal boxes' which have the potential for becoming slummy and are eyesores.

Oh you are such a snob Tammi

I visited the "Comedians" site also this morning - he has a new posting basically repeating the same stuff about VT7 and MSL but also some disturbing observations

I visited the "Comedians" site also this morning - he has a new posting basically repeating the same stuff about VT7 and MSL but also some disturbing observations about

Children on site, no safety helmets, no safety netting, all par for the course here in Pattaya/Jomthien. One would think that Building Construction Safety Standards are lawful nationwide.

And it's not just the danger to children from debris, tools, etc.; they are at risk of sexual molestation while parent(s) are working.

As regards being a snob: I reiterate that VT's are eyesores and have the potential to become slummy. I add that this is especially when kitchens are set up on balconies.

Edited by Pattaya_Fox

name='Tammi' date='2007-11-18 08:31:57' post='1656356']

In talking with 2 people in the past couple of weeks both have wondered what will happen to VT5 - as one said the clock is ticking and interested parties just have 5 years to ask for it to be removed. Does anybody know, is the 5 years from beginning of construction, or from completion of building?

Thats a bit much it's not over yet.

And it's not just the danger to children from debris, tools, etc.; they are at risk of sexual molestation while parent(s) are working
'cereal boxes' which have the potential for becoming slummy and are eyesores.

Off topic Tammi

name='Tammi' date='2007-11-18 08:31:57' post='1656356']

Thats a bit much it's not over yet.

And it's not just the danger to children from debris, tools, etc.; they are at risk of sexual molestation while parent(s) are working
'cereal boxes' which have the potential for becoming slummy and are eyesores.

Off topic Tammi

I don't see why this is off-topic. We all want to make Pattaya-Jomtien a better place and preserve its attractiveness and livability. Tammi is right, the Talays are eyesores. The developer doesn't give a dam_n about aesthetics, safety, or anything but stuffing as much money in her purse as she can. I've heard there are and land and plans for Views Talay up to number eleven!! Soon, the whole of Jomtien will look like Co-Op City in the Bronx! The infrastructure, the environment, our seashore cannot support these monsters. The fact that someone has the money to buy land should not give them ultimate power over quality of life.

Edited by brooklynbridge

I visited the "Comedians" site also this morning - he has a new posting basically repeating the same stuff about VT7 and MSL but also some disturbing observations about

Children on site, no safety helmets, no safety netting, all par for the course here in Pattaya/Jomthien. One would think that Building Construction Safety Standards are lawful nationwide.

And it's not just the danger to children from debris, tools, etc.; they are at risk of sexual molestation while parent(s) are working.

As regards being a snob: I reiterate that VT's are eyesores and have the potential to become slummy. I add that this is especially when kitchens are set up on balconies.

Snob being a term of affection in this case Tammi

O suspect the kids are open to abuse even more when the parents, unles, cousins, bloke next door comes home

As to being off topic - Replying to Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

We are exploring the moral and business ethics of one of the parties in this case and calling into question wether VT7 is legal or not

If View Talay cannot be arsed to follow the law about safety helmets, kids on site then how can we expect them to follow simple, clearly defined land restriction laws

Do the owners/investors of VT7 and other projects care a toss how their money is spent.

In Europe and of course The States consumers are increasingly voting with their dollars in favour of goods manufactured in an ethical way.

So a couple of question for VT7 speculators - we know you don't give a toss about Jomtien Complex owners losing their sea views or losing millions of Baht in condo values.

1. How does it feel to have blood on your hands of workers killed on YOUR site because of a total disregard for safety standards.

2. How does it feel that young kids are allowed to wander unsupervised in and out of dangerous construction zones.

And Finally

How does it feel to coming one step closer to LOSING YOUR MONEY?

As to being off topic - Replying to Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

We are exploring the moral and business ethics of one of the parties in this case and calling into question wether VT7 is legal or not

If View Talay cannot be arsed to follow the law about safety helmets, kids on site then how can we expect them to follow simple, clearly defined land restriction laws

Do the owners/investors of VT7 and other projects care a toss how their money is spent.

In Europe and of course The States consumers are increasingly voting with their dollars in favour of goods manufactured in an ethical way.

So a couple of question for VT7 speculators - we know you don't give a toss about Jomtien Complex owners losing their sea views or losing millions of Baht in condo values.

1. How does it feel to have blood on your hands of workers killed on YOUR site because of a total disregard for safety standards.

2. How does it feel that young kids are allowed to wander unsupervised in and out of dangerous construction zones.

And Finally

We can add VT5 block C or D whichever is closest to the sea. Can also perhaps add VT5 block A or B (yet to start construction) whichever will be closest to the sea.

name='brooklynbridge' date='2007-11-18 10:20:23' post='1656493']

I don't see why this is off-topic. We all want to make Pattaya-Jomtien a better place and preserve its attractiveness and livability. Tammi is right, the Talays are eyesores. The developer doesn't give a dam_n about aesthetics, safety, or anything but stuffing as much money in her purse as she can. I've heard there are and land and plans for Views Talay up to number eleven!! Soon, the whole of Jomtien will look like Co-Op City in the Bronx! The infrastructure, the environment, our seashore cannot support these monsters. The fact that someone has the money to buy land should not give them ultimate power over quality of life.

sorry i just thought you lot, had lost the plot a little.

i must be wrong.

name='brooklynbridge' date='2007-11-18 10:20:23' post='1656493']

sorry i just thought you lot, had lost the plot a little.

i must be wrong. :o

I think we can all agree that the View Talays are not going to win any architectural awards but there are few if any high-rises in Pattaya that will. Ok, maybe the some of the newer projects, Ocean Tower or North Pointe might qualify but these are 5* projects. I have friends in almost all the View Talays buildings and they seem quite happy and satisfied.

We can all speculate as to how the Court may rule (200 meters Vs 100 meters) but I find it interesting that a 200 meter survey was not perfomed as requested by the VT7 opponents. My take is the Court wants a clear definition of the MSL marker and the survey was done at 100 meters.

I think we can all agree that the View Talays are not going to win any architectural awards but there are few if any high-rises in Pattaya that will. Ok, maybe the some of the newer projects, Ocean Tower or North Pointe might qualify but these are 5* projects. I have friends in almost all the View Talays buildings and they seem quite happy and satisfied.

We can all speculate as to how the Court may rule (200 meters Vs 100 meters) but I find it interesting that a 200 meter survey was not perfomed as requested by the VT7 opponents. My take is the Court wants a clear definition of the MSL marker and the survey was done at 100 meters.

So Stop VT doesn't state for SURE wether a 200 or 100 meter survey was done. Seems to me, my interpretation of his statement that MSL was measured. The distance to VT7 from MSL was measured and the 200 meter mark from MSL was measured - otherwise how would they know "The entire building is inside the 200 meter"

Still all the bickering over 100 or 200 meter doesn't seem to matter as much as whatever law you look at VT7 is buggered

87 is the magic number - whoops!!!!!!!!!!

And Finally

Well Mike,

You seem to be a guy who loves to see people lose their money. That's a great thing, and it tells me a lot more about your ethics than all the other postings I have seen from you. And your moral appeal in yr 2 questions may be very ethic.

But do you know who made the jeans you wear? Who worked at the road you travel on?

Don't try to be the white angel here with your moral craptalk. There are people dying all over the world and you want to argue with me about a kid walking at a construction area. Join Amnesty or some Childrights organisation. All the western world have blood on their hands.

I went to the VT7 site about 6 times last 2 weeks and I didnt see anything strange going on, we were refused to enter the site, I didnt see any children around and all the workers were wearing safety caps.

Tell me, how many kids died during the construction of VT7 so far? Tell me the facts.

I wonder if you have ever seen the site. Or are you just parotting the things you hear and read??

When I bought my condo at VT7, the permits were ok (and for the time being they still are).

I am not Thai, so the only thing I could do is get a lawyer read my contract and find out that was ok.

So IF VT7 won't be built, I don't feel like I'm a complete donk because I could have known everything that happened in advance.

On the other hand, IF VT7 WILL be built, I have one of the greatest spots in Jomtien.

I'm still convinced that with some delay, I will be opening my high-floor-door in VT7 in 2010, drink a beer, and think about OneMikeInBKK with a "sorry-dude-but-your-bigtalk-didn't-work-out"-smile on my face.

Edited by OhdLover

And Finally

Well Mike,

You seem to be a guy who loves to see people lose their money. That's a great thing, and it tells me a lot more about your ethics than all the other postings I have seen from you. And your moral appeal in yr 2 questions may be very ethic.

But do you know who made the jeans you wear? Who worked at the road you travel on?

Don't try to be the white angel here with your moral craptalk. There are people dying all over the world and you want to argue with me about a kid walking at a construction area. Join Amnesty or some Childrights organisation. All the western world have blood on their hands.

I went to the VT7 site about 6 times last 2 weeks and I didnt see anything strange going on, we were refused to enter the site, I didnt see any children around and all the workers were wearing safety caps.

Tell me, how many kids died during the construction of VT7 so far? Tell me the facts.

I wonder if you have ever seen the site. Or are you just parotting the things you hear and read??

When I bought my condo at VT7, the permits were ok (and for the time being they still are).

I am not Thai, so the only thing I could do is get a lawyer read my contract and find out that was ok.

So IF VT7 won't be built, I don't feel like I'm a complete donk because I could have known everything that happened in advance.

On the other hand, IF VT7 WILL be built, I have one of the greatest spots in Jomtien.

I'm still convinced that with some delay, I will be opening my high-floor-door in VT7 in 2010, drink a beer, and think about OneMikeInBKK with a "sorry-dude-but-your-bigtalk-didn't-work-out"-smile on my face.

Wow! this thread has had 50K hits!

And Finally

Well Mike,

Mr. Ohd

Please do not call me a liar

I post sometimes opinions based on what I see, what I think and based on the opinions of others. I put these things in my brain, sort them and come out with MY interpretation of the subject.

Aside from opinions there are FACTS

You say You went to VT7 6 times in two weeks and were refused entry

So where are your facts?

How do you know ALL workers were wearing safety helmets when you were not allowed inside?

How do yiu know there are no children when you were not allowed inside?

Please wait a moment while I go outside to check.

OK back again

There are not so many workers on the outside of the building today as they have STOPPED upward construction. I can see only about 10 workers. I can see Beanie hats, I can see baseball caps but not a safety hat in sight.

At the peak of construction there were upwards of 50/60 workers in sight at any time. The only workers with safety hats were sub contracters brought in for a day or so to la coduit.

And those are the FACTS - as seen by MY own TWO eyes day in and day out for the last 12 months

As for the children you infer that either I am lying, I fantasize or I am blind.

You visited the site 6 times in Two weeks. I LIVE 30 meters from this monstrocity. I don't spend every living moment of every day staring out the window or sat on my balcony.

I know a child when I see one. No it was not a midget. No it was not a leprechaun. It was a child swinging from the scaffolding surrounded by falling concrete. I heard the cries of Mae Mae (Mum Mum) before she scampered inside.

This is NOT the first time. This morning I did not see a child but I did hear the sounds of CHILDREN yes that is pluaral coming from inside the shell of View Talay.

Your piece of heaven in the sky is a great dream

Dream on fella - you don't stand an earthly chance - look at the facts they can be summed up in two digits

You call that legal?

There was an ad on " bahtsold" a couple of days ago. Some guy trying to sell his condo off-plan for VT7 on the 27th floor.

Ad has now been removed by "bahtsold" probably due to the fact that there will be NO 27th floor. :o

For the guys that have bought into VT7 to live there..............i am genuinely sorry for them.

For the investors looking to make some quick killings by selling off plan.......................tough titty. You win some...you lose some.

And Finally

Well Mike,

It seems to me that a great deal of this thread should be titled “GOTCHA SUCKER”

A few months ago the VT7’s were mocking the JCC’s saying “You idiots – you bought a unit that you thought would always look out to sea! Well, screw you. TIT Your lawyer was wrong. There is no such thing as a guaranteed sea view no matter what the Thai law says. HA HA HA GOTCHA SUCKER!”

Now, the JCC’s are chortling “You idiots – you put down money on a building that will never get built!!! You thought you would be drinking beer on a high balcony looking out to sea! Well, screw you. TIT. Your lawyer was wrong. There is no such thing as a guaranteed construction permit no matter what the developer says. HAHAHA. GOTCHA SUCKER!”

Prediction: more schadenfreude to come. :o

There was an ad on " bahtsold" a couple of days ago. Some guy trying to sell his condo off-plan for VT7 on the 27th floor.

Ad has now been removed by "bahtsold" probably due to the fact that there will be NO 27th floor. :o

For the guys that have bought into VT7 to live there..............i am genuinely sorry for them.

For the investors looking to make some quick killings by selling off plan.......................tough titty. You win some...you lose some.

I saw that same ad! ( thought it was the 24th floor though? ) I wondered where the ad had gone. Very naughty of the seller to do that.

Edited by Manchester

My sincerest apologies to OhdLover

I have been caught out - I am a liar

In a previous post I stated NONE of the regular VT7 construction crew wear safety hats

I was wrong

I apologize, I am sorry, I crawl on my knees in supplication to the most knowledgable OhdLover

The following picture taken from stopVT7 site

Look for yoursel -

spot the workers - I count 17

spot the safety hats - I count 2

Please forgive me Ob1kanobe sorry OhdLover

post-51147-1195381014_thumb.jpg

You need to follow this link VT7 Full Size to get a better view

Edited by OneMikeInBangkok