Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

Although I sympathise with the people of JC, I hope VT will win in the end.

Just 1 major reason for this: I bought 3 units in VT7 and got about $40000 invested so far.

As soon as I heard about the building permit, I thought buying in VT7 was safe, and that's also what my broker said.

My main problem at this moment is whether to stop the monthly payments for the time being or to continue

paying as the contract says you have to.

Continue paying means the risk of a big loss (or a payback with a delay that can last for years) and stop paying could mean contract violation which could have other outcomes.

Anybody some good advice on this?

Thanks.

It seems that you are a speculator and,if so, you know that some you lose.

But if you decide to renege on your contract what's VT going to do? As stopVT7 has said VT got 'a questionable building permit' and they should have known it was questionable. The present law is quite clear - can't build over 14 meters within 200 metres from high tide level.

If I were you I would go see Asia LawWorks or your own lawyer if you have one and send VT a lawyer's letter asking for full refund.

Or you can keep on speculating - maybe lose, maybe win.

Tammi wrote: on 5th of May

“I believe that Committee Members should be constantly on the look out for any situation that may affect the value of the common property and the Committee should instruct the Manager to thoroughly investigate all such situations and report back to the Committee which should have, by now, informed all the co-owners. The Committee then must take all appropriate actions to safeguard the co-owners' interests and keep the co-owners well informed. If it is necessary to have 10 co-owners file a complaint then the Committee and Manager should organize that”

“instruct the Manager to thoroughly investigate all such situations and report back to the Committee” This allows the Manager the opportunity to make mischief and money! We but too much faith in the Manager and do not want to check his work or report to the committee. The committee must continue check the manager’s work. Our JJC committee meets ever week! Not every 2 months like some condos.

“The Committee then must take all appropriate actions to safeguard the co-owners' interests and keep the co-owners well informed.” This I agree! But use common sense and check on their statements to see if they are really acting in your best interest. At JCC I was told the committee was going to act to stop VT7. But when I read the minutes I found a different story! Your condo Committee minutes should be kept in a book for all co-owners to stop by the office and read. If not you likely have a problem!

Two things all committee minutes and monthly financial statement should be open for all co-owners to read.

Remember the co-owners do have much power at general meeting and can use resolution to force the committee to open and share info. Such as any item over 6,000 baht, the committee must get 3 quotes before purchasing. These quotes with a purchase order shall be file in a book for any co-owner to review. This way a few could stop by the office and take notes about these purchase and check the prices to see if the Manager and committee are acting honestly.

Make resolution at YOUR condo “Annual General Meeting”! If the committee fights these resolutions, them ask them what do they have to hide form the co-owners? :o

Tammi wrote: on 5th of May

“I believe that Committee Members should be constantly on the look out for any situation that may affect the value of the common property and the Committee should instruct the Manager to thoroughly investigate all such situations and report back to the Committee which should have, by now, informed all the co-owners. The Committee then must take all appropriate actions to safeguard the co-owners' interests and keep the co-owners well informed. If it is necessary to have 10 co-owners file a complaint then the Committee and Manager should organize that”

“instruct the Manager to thoroughly investigate all such situations and report back to the Committee” This allows the Manager the opportunity to make mischief and money! We but too much faith in the Manager and do not want to check his work or report to the committee. The committee must continue check the manager’s work. Our JJC committee meets ever week! Not every 2 months like some condos.

“The Committee then must take all appropriate actions to safeguard the co-owners' interests and keep the co-owners well informed.” This I agree! But use common sense and check on their statements to see if they are really acting in your best interest. At JCC I was told the committee was going to act to stop VT7. But when I read the minutes I found a different story! Your condo Committee minutes should be kept in a book for all co-owners to stop by the office and read. If not you likely have a problem!

Two things all committee minutes and monthly financial statement should be open for all co-owners to read.[/size]

Remember the co-owners do have much power at general meeting and can use resolution to force the committee to open and share info. Such as any item over 6,000 baht, the committee must get 3 quotes before purchasing. These quotes with a purchase order shall be file in a book for any co-owner to review. This way a few could stop by the office and take notes about these purchase and check the prices to see if the Manager and committee are acting honestly.

Make resolution at YOUR condo “Annual General Meeting”! If the committee fights these resolutions, them ask them what do they have to hide form the co-owners? :o

I think I will come and live at JCC! (That is when I know you are not going to have 27 stories in front of you) Here at this condo the committee is so secretive. We are not allowed to know anything about bookkeeping except at the AGM they give us an expense statement for the whole previous year and a proposed budget for next year. We are never told when Committee will have a meeting and are certainly never invited. We used to have a notice board for our use but they took that away. Minutes of meetings that they do have take weeks to prepare and send out to co-owners. They have discarded an adopted resolution without notifying the co-owners. We can put forward resolutions at AGM but Committee will not allow discussion or a vote - they take it to themselves to discuss and decide on at a later date if ever. So many things need to be done; so many things they promise and budget for and don't do; so many things dirty; so many things unsupervised. Staff have told some co-owners that they, the staff, like when co-owners stay in their rooms!!!! Don't complain. And don't make a mess at swim pool or in garden because staff don't like!!!!

Tammi wrote:

“As soon as I heard about the building permit, I thought buying in VT7 was safe, and that's also what my broker said.

My main problem at this moment is whether to stop the monthly payments for the time being or to continue paying as the contract says you have to.

Continue paying means the risk of a big loss (or a payback with a delay that can last for years) and stop paying could mean contract violation which could have other outcomes.”

If you mean real estate agent by saying “my broker said” You many have a legal case against him or your broker? He knew about “planning laws”. He should on known about the 200 meter set back form the sea before you can build over 14 meters high. If he didn’t understand the details of the law that’s still is not a defense.

Have you asked VT to suspend your monthly contract payments? :o

Has anyone heard of a "Condominium Owners' Association" in Bangkok?

Tammi,

Per Bangkok Post Supplemtn on Property, there is a Thai Condominium Association: 02-260-3592-9, which may not be what you are looking for.

I think The Consumer Protection Board: 02-282-4579, www.ocpb.go.th is another source in finding out the rights of buyers of a condo unit against a property developer. It is part of the Prime Minister Office and supposed to help all consumers in claiming against vendors. They have become quite good in pursuing claims. Vendors sometimes just give up instead of fighting in court. But because of the work load, one has to be patient. Advices like vt7 situation could be sought from them in solving the dilemma.

The Consumer Protection Board: 02-282-4579, www.ocpb.go.th

The Thai Real Estate Association: 02-229-3188-90, www.thairealestate.org

The Housing Business Association: 02-440-1274-6, www.housingbiz.org

The Thai Condominium Association: 02-260-3592-9

is tilting toward the developers and juristic bodies of condominium.

Has anyone heard of a "Condominium Owners' Association" in Bangkok?

Do you mean an association of co-owners acting on behalf of the owners of a single condominium? If so, then my answer is "Yes". A friend of mine is on the Co-owners Association of a condominium in Sala Daeng Soi 1, just off Thanon Sathorn Tai.

Tammi wrote:

“As soon as I heard about the building permit, I thought buying in VT7 was safe, and that's also what my broker said.

My main problem at this moment is whether to stop the monthly payments for the time being or to continue paying as the contract says you have to.

Continue paying means the risk of a big loss (or a payback with a delay that can last for years) and stop paying could mean contract violation which could have other outcomes.”

If you mean real estate agent by saying “my broker said” You many have a legal case against him or your broker? He knew about “planning laws”. He should on known about the 200 meter set back form the sea before you can build over 14 meters high. If he didn’t understand the details of the law that’s still is not a defense.

Have you asked VT to suspend your monthly contract payments? :D

About time this was moved to the longwinded bore section.

Sorry I meant the property section of Tv. (come on mods)

We have minimum of two years of this tennis to look forward too.

Guys and girls

please try and lay off the capitals letters, it makes you all look real smart

:o

Edited by icecubes

About time this was moved to the longwinded bore section.

Sorry I meant the property section of Tv. (come on mods)

We have minimum of two years of this tennis to look forward too.

Guys and girls

please try and lay off the capitals letters, it makes you all look real smart

:o

Dear Icecubes, what you do is not read it since you find it so boring - nobody is holding your finger on the button.

This is a landmark case and of great interest in the Pattaya area and it would be a pity if the moderators follow your advice and reroute it elsewhere.

And it promises to become more interesting as more condo owners become aware of their rights.

By the way, the post above beginning "Tammi wrote" was not written by me. I don't like VT properties so have no interest in buying them.

There have been some very interesting quotes regarding the duties of the juristic person under the condominium act. Is this act available in English from anywhere; it would be very helpful in dealing with the managing company of my condo!

Thanks

There have been some very interesting quotes regarding the duties of the juristic person under the condominium act. Is this act available in English from anywhere; it would be very helpful in dealing with the managing company of my condo!

Thanks

Phone Tony Crossley at 087 1494364. He wrote a book "Your Thai Condo Rights" which includes an English translation of The Condominium Act B.E. 2522 (1979). I think it is correct except that Section 6 dealing with Registration of Condominium was inadvertently missed.

I have heard that Tony is about to publish another book about Condo Law.

Also, you need to ask your condo manager for a copy of the Regulations of the Juristic Person of (name of your condo). These Regulations are required by The Condominium Act and are registered at the Land Office.

Artisan; thanks, although that document is more about ownership than management.

Tammi; thanks, I will call him

Sections 31 through 50 of the Condominium Act deal more with management.

In Section 4 it is stated ""Regulations" means the regulations of the Condominium Juristic Person.

Section 32 states " The Regulations shall contain at least the following:

There are 12 points among which are: Management of the Common Property; The use of personal and common property; Advance payment of maintenance fees; Method of calling a general meeting; Appointment , power and duties, of the Juristic Person Manager.

Therefore, you need to get a copy of the Regulations for your condo from your condo office to find out the details of how the condo is managed. The 2 documents need to be read together because the Regulations cannot contravene the Law (the condominium act). I know of a case where the Regulations state something different to what is Law. And I know of cases where the Regulations have been disregarded.

The advert I referred to in my last post is in the paper again today:

Prime Beachfront Condominium, Royal Beach Condo, at Hua Hin. Small print says "Due to the resent laws and regulations of the Hua-Hin Town, the construction of new high rise building is limited. This is truly a one of a kind opportunity for buyer to owns a luxury beachfront property."

('Resent' should, of course be 'recent'.)

I have heard that Hua Hin has stopped issuing building permits for 200 meters from the seaside until VT case is known.

Although I sympathise with the people of JC, I hope VT will win in the end.

Just 1 major reason for this: I bought 3 units in VT7 and got about $40000 invested so far.

As soon as I heard about the building permit, I thought buying in VT7 was safe, and that's also what my broker said.

My main problem at this moment is whether to stop the monthly payments for the time being or to continue

paying as the contract says you have to.

Continue paying means the risk of a big loss (or a payback with a delay that can last for years) and stop paying could mean contract violation which could have other outcomes.

Anybody some good advice on this?

Today i transfered 3month's downpayment to TMB, confident that this is Thailand!

Thanks.

It seems that you are a speculator and,if so, you know that some you lose.

But if you decide to renege on your contract what's VT going to do? As stopVT7 has said VT got 'a questionable building permit' and they should have known it was questionable. The present law is quite clear - can't build over 14 meters within 200 metres from high tide level.

If I were you I would go see Asia LawWorks or your own lawyer if you have one and send VT a lawyer's letter asking for full refund.

Or you can keep on speculating - maybe lose, maybe win.

They (VT7) must see the hand writing on the wall.

I have a good friend who stopped by VT main sales office on Tappraya Rd. He called and told me VT has stopped selling VT7.

They have suspended payment of VT7 investors who requested until final court hearing. :o

What's the storey on the proposed 8 storey building in front of Jomtien Condotel & Village. I have heard from the developer and agents that the building is legal and has a valid building permit and that the building will start in the next few month. I am an interested buyer and want more information. I have been told that all laws have been adhered to and that all is within the law of Thailand. I have on the other hand seen banners on JC&V stating that co-owners should rally against this building. That one would experience different problems too as it would rely on JC&V for its access.

Any comments positive or negative are welcomed.

What's the storey on the proposed 8 storey building in front of Jomtien Condotel & Village. I have heard from the developer and agents that the building is legal and has a valid building permit and that the building will start in the next few month. I am an interested buyer and want more information. I have been told that all laws have been adhered to and that all is within the law of Thailand. I have on the other hand seen banners on JC&V stating that co-owners should rally against this building. That one would experience different problems too as it would rely on JC&V for its access.

If the 8 storey building (Regatta) at JC&V approved by City Hall is over 14 meters it will not be built until the Admin Court has decided if View Talay 7 is legal. Hua Hin City has stopped issuing building permits until the decision is made on VT7. But it would seems that the Law is quite clear that nothing over 14 metres is allowed within 200 metres of the seashore - probably measured from the high tide level. I wouldn't be surprised if JC&V also goes to Admin Court - JC&V has some good active Committee Members. It's a condo that got rid of bad management a few years ago.

I would not touch “The Regatta” and their questionable building permit with a ten foot pole. I know that they have a very active committee which understands the law and have talked with lawyers!!!! :o

QUOTE(Binkie @ 2007-05-12 16:53:00)

“developer and agents that the building is legal and has a valid building permit”

A valid building permit does not make a condo project legal! City Hall can issue building permits. But if they don’t follow the law, the questionable issue building permit can be vacated by the Thai Administrative Court.

Also, Thai law requires an “environment impact study” for any condominium building that is 4 stories tall. Their many building, which has been build because no one files a complaint with EIA in Bangkok or has taken legal action in Administrative Court.

I was told by one person, who condo will remain unnamed, that their management company was looking into the law and a questionable issued building permit was legal. Because they called city hall and was told yes, they said because you measure 100 meters into the sea and 100 meters on to the land from mean sea level and add them together this equals 200 meters. :oWhat smoke!

Do not ever expect your condo management company to question a statement from city hall. Because most manage many different condos and must work to get many licenses and renew permitted at city hall. They will not rock the boat! Or would they advice anything which could interfere with their management company relation with city hall. But the law is clear that a developer can not build over 14 meter tall building which is measured from road level. Not until they are 200 meter from high tide line.

Condo committees must act separated from their condo management company. If they want to stop a questionable condo project! This requires them to fine a lawyer which knows and practices administrative law. I been told less then one in a hundred Thai lawyers understand or has practiced administrative law? :D

“developer and agents that the building is legal and has a valid building permit”

A valid building permit does not make a condo project legal! City Hall can issue building permits. But if they don’t follow the law, the questionable issue building permit can be vacated by the Thai Administrative Court.

Also, Thai law requires an “environment impact study” for any condominium building that is 4 stories tall. Their many building, which has been build because no one files a complaint with EIA in Bangkok or has taken legal action in Administrative Court.

I was told by one person, who condo will remain unnamed, that their management company was looking into the law and a questionable issued building permit was legal. Because they called city hall and was told yes, they said because you measure 100 meters into the sea and 100 meters on to the land from mean sea level and add them together this equals 200 meters. :oWhat smoke!

Do not ever expect your condo management company to question a statement from city hall. Because most manage many different condos and must work to get many licenses and renew permitted at city hall. They will not rock the boat! Or would they advice anything which could interfere with their management company relation with city hall. But the law is clear that a developer can not build over 14 meter tall building which is measured from road level. Not until they are 200 meter from high tide line.

Condo committees must act separated from their condo management company. If they want to stop a questionable condo project! This requires them to fine a lawyer which knows and practices administrative law. I been told less then one in a hundred Thai lawyers understand or has practiced administrative law? :D

And for those of you condo co-owners who have committees that won't share info with you and don't look after your interests, and a juristic person manager who believes what City Hall tells him/her, you co-owners have to try to get together and do it yourselves.

is there anything going on with Northpoint? in an earlier thread i read that Raimon Land was being contacted but i never saw any posting of the response - as i own a condo at Sky Beach this is of interest to me

is there anything going on with Northpoint? in an earlier thread i read that Raimon Land was being contacted but i never saw any posting of the response - as i own a condo at Sky Beach this is of interest to me
I understand and know that your condo office manager has a copy of Jomthien Complex Condotel legal case and copy on Thai regulation of the law being broken. They have a clear understanding and all the info needed to stop Raimon Land. But I would not expect any action! :o

Go to the office and get a list of your committee member and ask the farang on your committee? What are they doing? If they are relying on your office management, Good Luck?

I was told the first thing a developer (Raimon Land) does is pocket the neighbor’s condo management. Were you ever given an environment impact study questionnaire? Or maybe they are weary, afraid or scared about taking on city hall and the issuing a questionable building permit?

Why not visit the blog at: http://stopvt7.blogspot.com/ and learn more about what your committee needs or you to do?

Ministerial Regulation

Issue 9 (B.E. 2521)

Issued under the Building Construction Control Act B.E. 2479

By the virtue of the Section 15 of the Building Construction Control Act B.E. 2479, the Ministry of Interior issued the following Ministerial Regulations:

1. No. 1 of the Ministerial Regulation No. 8 (B.E. 2519) issued under the Building Construction Control Act B.E. 2479 to be amended by the followings statement:

“No. 1. This Ministerial Regulation applies within the boundary line of the map annexed to the Royal Decree Promulgating the Building Construction Control Act B.E. 2479 in the regions of Tambol Bang Lamung, Tambol Nhong Plalai, Tambol Na Khua and Tambol Nhong Prue of Amphur Bang Lamung of Chonburi Province B.E. 2520”

2. No. 3 of the Ministerial Regulation No. 8 (B.E. 2519) issued under the Building Construction Control Act B.E. 2479 to be amended by the following statement:

“No 3. Setting of 200 meters measured from the map annexed to the Royal Decree Promulgating the Building Construction Control Act B.E. 2479 in the regions of Tambol Bang Lamung, Tambol Nhong Plalai, Tambol Na Khua and Tambol Nhong Prue of Amphur Bang Lamung of Chonburi Province B.E. 2521 at the seaside in which the following constructions shall not be built:

8. Building of 14 meters higher than road level.

The Ministerial Regulation is hereby given on the date of twenty-third of November B.E. 2521 (1978).

General Lek Naewmalee Minister of Interior (Mr. Somchai Leelaprapaporn) Civil Engineer Grade 7

Note: The reason issuing this Ministerial Regulation due to the updating of the construction control areas in Tambol Bang Lamung, Tambol Na Khua and Tambol

Nhong Prue, by extending the construction restriction areas as appeared in the map annexed to the Royal Decree Promulgating the Building Construction Control Act B.E. 2479 controlling over the regions of Tambol Bang Lamung, Tambol Nhong Plalai, Tambol Na Klua and Tambol Nhong Prue of Amphur Bang Lamung of Chonburi Province B.E. 2521. It is, therefore, appropriate to amend the Ministerial Regulation No. 8 (B.E. 2519) issued under the Building Construction Control Act B.E. 2479 governing restriction of the construction of some kinds of building within the controlling areas under the aforesaid Royal Decree.

Copy taken from the Government Gazette No. 95 Section 157 dated 31 December 2521 (1978)

Certified correct (Mr. Yuthana Rittisit)

Administrative Officer Public Utility Section

I understand and know that your condo office manager has a copy of Jomthien Complex Condotel legal case and copy on Thai regulation of the law being broken. They have a clear understanding and all the info needed to stop Raimon Land. But I would not expect any action! :o

Go to the office and get a list of your committee member and ask the farang on your committee? What are they doing? If they are relying on your office management, Good Luck?

I was told the first thing a developer (Raimon Land) does is pocket the neighbor’s condo management. Were you ever given an environment impact study questionnaire? Or maybe they are weary, afraid or scared about taking on city hall and the issuing a questionable building permit?

Why not visit the blog at: http://stopvt7.blogspot.com/ and learn more about what your committee needs or you to do?

Are you saying that neighbouring condos should be given an environmental impact study questionaire?

I have heard that Environmental Law says hi-rises can be built much closer to the seashore. Do you know about that?

Hadn't occurred to me that developers might "approach" neighbouring condos' management committees.

"Are you saying that neighbouring condos should be given an environmental impact study questionaire?"

Yes! :D

At JCC we all were asked to fill out an environment impact study questionnaire concerning the construction of VT7. This was because the action by the JCC 2005 committee and the understanding that this study was required by law. And this stopped VT7 condo from getting a building permit.

EIA must approve the environment impact study before city hall can issue a building permit. EIA refused to give city hall approval for the issue of a building permit with out the approval of the building planes by the JCC 2006 committee. EIA issued a letter the both groups need to meet and work out their difference. That when several members acted without JCC 2006 committee approval and singed documents in Bangkok to OK the construction as original plans by VT7. This act allowed the issuance of a questionable building permit by city hall and the construction to start on VT7. Then they said their action were and accident. Most of the remaining 2006 committee member resigned.

That action legal or illegal allowed the issuance of the questionable building permit. If know one complains to EIA don’t expect them to take any action. Now the questionable building permit is issued don’t expect much action out of EIA! But go to your office and ask to read the environment impact study report for “Raimon Land Northpoint”. The report must be open by law for all co-owners to read and this report if make was send by EIA to Sky Beach office. So go fine out!

You should understand tea parties can change people minds! You need to get a group together and visit Asia LawWorks or contact JCC and their group of ten.

Get informed! It could save you a lot of money which your and others Sky Beach condos are facing by devaluation.

Do you see the hand writing on the wall? :D

There is an environment law which states that no building over 14 meters high can be built with in 100 meters of the mean sea level. :o This law city hall uses to confuse (smoke and mirrors!!) the issue of Ministerial Regulation Issue 9 (B.E. 2521) Issued under the Building Construction Control Act B.E. 2479. But, this environment law does not change or override Ministerial Regulation Issue 9. The developer can not build a condo over 14 meters high unless their set back 200 meters from high tide.

Go to “Google” on the internet and down load “Google Earth” is a satellite viewing program. You can see Sky Beach condo and the surrounding land. “Google Earth” allow you to make measurements. You can see your condo is about 80 meters from the sea.

I appologise for my ignorance however I thought an EIA was only necessary for buildings over 7-8 stories tall I was also informed that this was the reason the VT7 project was stopped. None performance in regards to the EIA that is wrong type of piling, should have been screw piled and noise. Please educate me and correct me if anything I have written is wrong. I have done a little research into this as I have/had a genuine interest in a unit in that area. I understand you have genuine reasons for opposing the VT7 projrct but to me that means that your reply may be biased to the negative. I will take any advice that I receive and consider it I am surprised that there are not more comments reflecting the positives of VT7 and similarly located buildings. In the case of VT7 I think the Major culprit is the oriuginal developer for selling their land and allowing their customers to be built out. Now that is something worth moaning about.

I am puzzled as to why Grand Condotel allowed View Talay 5 to be built as VT5 doesn't look to be 200 meters from the seashore. GC units, especially on the south side, lost value. I have heard that GC has a very well connected Chairman of the Management Committee. One would think that Grand Condotel would've been raising hel_l.

I appologise for my ignorance however I thought an EIA was only necessary for buildings over 7-8 stories tall I was also informed that this was the reason the VT7 project was stopped. None performance in regards to the EIA that is wrong type of piling, should have been screw piled and noise. Please educate me and correct me if anything I have written is wrong. I have done a little research into this as I have/had a genuine interest in a unit in that area. I understand you have genuine reasons for opposing the VT7 projrct but to me that means that your reply may be biased to the negative. I will take any advice that I receive and consider it I am surprised that there are not more comments reflecting the positives of VT7 and similarly located buildings. In the case of VT7 I think the Major culprit is the oriuginal developer for selling their land and allowing their customers to be built out. Now that is something worth moaning about.

Thai law requires an “environment impact study” for any condominium building 4 stories or higher.

VT7 was stopped by JCC 2005 committee because VT7 did not comply with EIA and do the environments impact study. Once JCC 2005 committee inquired about the environment impact study at city hall they would not issue a building permit without this environment impact report?

VT7 but in the type of piling as quire in the environment impact report! But they did not install steel sheet piling around the work site to protect JCC. From vibration of the VT7 building piling while these were driven. EIA recommended that JCC sue city hall because they refused to enforce the environment impact study report as required.

Now JCC was advised twice to sue city hall! Once by the mayor and the other by EIA to sue city hall! So ten farang stood up and sued with the support of the new JCC 2007 committee. I think they did not expect any legal action but though talk would scare the complainer and they would go home and shut up.

If you don’t form a group to act or your committee does not take action no one else will! Action requires a lawyer and a lawyer requires money. This is where the statement comes in “money talks B S walks”! :o

I am puzzled as to why Grand Condotel allowed View Talay 5 to be built as VT5 doesn't look to be 200 meters from the seashore. GC units, especially on the south side, lost value. I have heard that GC has a very well connected Chairman of the Management Committee. One would think that Grand Condotel would've been raising hel_l.
Grand Condotel co-owners got bad advice from their management company and they believed city hall statements!

I was told Grand Condotel Management Company called city hall and was told the VT5 building was legal and no further action was taken. I also was told, their was not a required environment impact study done or submitted to city hall. It would have been so else to of stopped VT5.

But now legal action could be taken but the out come is uncertain? How know what the Administrative Court would do? But in legal theory it could be torn down? :o