Fireworks, flying lanterns banned for Loy Krathong Nov 11

Rimmer

39 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Only kratongs left to ban, then we can all stay at home and avoid 30 minutes driving around trying to find a parking spot

And the way those damn things block up all the waterways and drainage and litter the beaches, perhaps a good idea said the grouch!

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 8:05 PM, champers said:

I see one every 5 minutes after dark from my balcony in Naklua, leaving from Don Muang and Swampy and landings at U Tapao.

I did not know there were so many flights from DMG & BKK to U Tapao!    LOL

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wgdanson said:

I did not know there were so many flights from DMG & BKK to U Tapao!    LOL

About 15/day approx to UTP, none from BKK or DMG. One flew low over my place yesterday and I got on Flightradar and it was heading to UTP from Chiangmai. 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2019 at 2:51 PM, Mick501 said:

Hypothetically, if we felt compelled to check out these non existent lanterns, where (in Pattaya) would be the best spot not to see them?

Nowhere. The people on this forum who say otherwise are lieing, exaggerating or simply dont live in Pattaya.  The ban on the lanterns was introduced over 5 maybe more years ago. It has ruined Lot Kratong in Pattaya. The ban is rigoursly enforced by armed police and military and the  fun loving Thais are intimidated into compliance. Poor old Thailand.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Nowhere. The people on this forum who say otherwise are lieing, exaggerating or simply dont live in Pattaya.  The ban on the lanterns was introduced over 5 maybe more years ago. It has ruined Lot Kratong in Pattaya. The ban is rigoursly enforced by armed police and military and the  fun loving Thais are intimidated into compliance. Poor old Thailand.

Same in Chiang Mai.

The last few years the TAT lied and said they were still allowed, the foreign visitors kept coming and not seeing them. I'm suspecting this year there will be far fewer foreign tourists as word has spread that it's a non-event.

Edited by BritManToo