Xaiomi bloatware

petermik

Recently purchased a xaiomi 6a mobile,great little phone for the money,only problem is the pre-installed apps that come with it...any suggestions as to how I can remove them,searched on the internet without success....or are they something I will just have to put up with :whistling:

Try "LONG-PRESSING" one of the apps you want to delete, then without releasing it, move it to the top of the display....you should see a "UN-INSTALL" circle appear. Just move the icon within the circle and release.

If this does not work on the apps you want to delete, then google "deleting bloatware miui"

You will get multiple options, most of which involve downloading a 3rd party app.

Search for something like "use adb to uninstall apps" on Google, through adb you can uninstall nearly every app.

If you are not 100% sure what the app is doing back it up first, then you can install it again later without having to factory reset your phone.

The one horrible thing about Xiaomi phones is the bloatware and not only that the ads throughout the system,  really puts you off buying one which is why i like the Asus Max Pro range, similar price and specs for mid range, great phones and nearly stock Android with minimum apps.

Also alot of the apps on Xiaomi cannot be disabled from within the apps itself but here is a little trick to allow you to make the apps that are greyed out disabled.

Open Google play, touch 3 line at the top, >Help and Feedback>Browse All Articles>Delete or Disable Apps on Android> Tap to go to application settings. 

Alot of the apps that couldnt be disabled can now be disabled.

Unfortunately not....when I get to the delete or disable it tells me my phone has custom apps installed and I should go to the phones settings where I can only disable some apps,not uninstall.....the apps like the Xaiomi web browser I cannot delete and this is where most of the ads/spam are located.

Thanks anyhow...seems like I,ll have to put up with it.

21 hours ago, petermik said:

Unfortunately not....when I get to the delete or disable it tells me my phone has custom apps installed and I should go to the phones settings where I can only disable some apps,not uninstall.....the apps like the Xaiomi web browser I cannot delete and this is where most of the ads/spam are located.

Thanks anyhow...seems like I,ll have to put up with it.

Yea, me too.  I have got a Xiaomi Max 2.  Best phone ever.  5 days battery.  The problems do all come from their web browser.  You can download and install the global firmware instead of the Chinese but I found that I prefer the Chinese one for other reasons.  What you can do is to hold down the browser icon and move it to one of the other pages and then move Chrome into its place instead.  It won't stop the ads but becomes less bothersome.  Let me know if you find something else.

7 hours ago, car720 said:

Yea, me too.  I have got a Xiaomi Max 2.  Best phone ever.  5 days battery.  The problems do all come from their web browser.  You can download and install the global firmware instead of the Chinese but I found that I prefer the Chinese one for other reasons.  What you can do is to hold down the browser icon and move it to one of the other pages and then move Chrome into its place instead.  It won't stop the ads but becomes less bothersome.  Let me know if you find something else.

Have tried many things without success and have now given up to be honest...if there was a program that worked it would only last until the phone was updated as the update would put the factory installed aps back again so I,ve learnt :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, petermik said:

Have tried many things without success and have now given up to be honest...if there was a program that worked it would only last until the phone was updated as the update would put the factory installed aps back again so I,ve learnt :thumbsup:

Not with the global version of the firmware.

On 10/29/2019 at 3:20 PM, dddave said:

Try "LONG-PRESSING" one of the apps you want to delete, then without releasing it, move it to the top of the display....you should see a "UN-INSTALL" circle appear. Just move the icon within the circle and release.

Thank YOU!!!  I've accidentally added shortcuts on my phone for the past 4+ years. In simple language, you just showed me how to get rid of them, and it worked. YEAH!!! Cheers!!!

57 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Thank YOU!!!  I've accidentally added shortcuts on my phone for the past 4+ years. In simple language, you just showed me how to get rid of them, and it worked. YEAH!!! Cheers!!!

Rofl. Welcome to 2019 ????

Xiaomi of any brand are all full of $hit, don't you know ?

Next time use google first and buy any ANDROID ONE mobile, which are the only phones with the minimum apps installed.

Xiaomi has MiA1 and MiA2 that are android one.

Not difficult to avoid problems.

It's annoying. It's a pest.

It's by far not limited to Xiaomi.

My Samsung is full of bloatware.

All I can do is disable (restore factory default).

DON'T follow the advice to root you device.

It opens an extreme security hole/vulnerability.

Some apps will deny to work with rooted smartphones (e.g. banking apps).

15 hours ago, jackdd said:

Using ADB from a computer you can uninstall them, no root required

Thanks again. I have followed a how-to tutorial on the net and already uninstalled the most obvious bulkware (like Office SW on a 5.5" mobile, misc. Galaxy/Samsung stuff).

Just fighting with Facebook...

Archived