Britain set for December 12 election to break the Brexit deadlock

webfact

4 minutes ago, englishoak said:

Sooo SNP desperate to get separation from the UK are not fundamentalist. ? while Brexiteers desperate to get separation from the EU are fundamentalist ? .... Hmmm not sure I see any difference than the names tbh. 

And BTW i think youll find the ratings of the SNP are quite a lot less given the population in Scotland and support is tiny compared to the rest of the UK and other parties.

Mind you in good old political tradition Salmond is turning out to be quite the slimy x leader so well done there. 

Dont get me wrong, id love Scotland to leave, just as id like the UK out of the EU, Ireland to reunify and England to have its independence too. Am I a nationalist or a fundamentalist ? :blink:

Rather than campaigning for an EU referendum you Brexit fundamentalists would have been better demanding an independence for England referendum.

Even the Scots would have voted for that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 10/30/2019 at 8:07 AM, ExpatOilWorker said:

You mean common sense scraped by in 2016?

If so, the UK should have honored that vote and left shortly after.

Time and a lot of information have moved on. It is now 2019, in fact nearly 2020. Let all the new young voters have a say.

Thank God for old men and common sense. Sir Lindsay Hoyle is the man!

"Opposition parties have failed in their bid to allow 16 and 17-year-olds as well as EU citizens with settled statuses to vote in any upcoming election. The SNP, Labour and Liberal Democrats were hoping that amendments which had been proposed to extend the franchise would be selected. However, Deputy Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle has selected Labour’s amendment for a general election on Monday December 9 and an associated technical amendment. The provisional grouping and selection of amendments document shows Sir Lindsay has not selected amendments for votes at 16 nor to extend the franchise to allow EU nationals living in the UK to take part."

Remainers... always clutching.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, englishoak said:

And BTW i think youll find the ratings of the SNP are quite a lot less given the population in Scotland and support is tiny compared to the rest of the UK and other parties.

Or iasg mòr, beag lòn as the Scots would say.

22 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

While Boris' Tories are no doubt the favourites, Nigel's Brexit Party could have an impact.  Will all those Labour/Leave northern strongholds really vote Tory just to get their beloved Brexit?  Much easier to vote for Nigel.

The Remain vote is horribly split, but tactical voting could make a difference, if some Lib Dems are prepared to hold their nose and vote Labour.

https://tactical.vote/?fbclid=IwAR0wXofEi7ip6URYPhunhFnMpV7vEcKqLDdzr94dgJOQoUdcAN0fx2EaA0U

Brexit Party could help Tories in general election by not fighting hundreds of seats

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/30/brexit-party-could-help-tories-general-election-not-fighting/

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

England stand on it's own two feet? Get real! They have been plundering and stealing from others for centuries; the behaviour is in the DNA.

You win the daftest post of the week.....Well done....????

Regarding Boris' deal:

Has any "official" interpretation been made about immigration. Will the UK be able to determine immigration entirely by itself according to the deal?

In my opinion the answer is NO since immigration may be included under the paragraph about "level playing field". But what do British "experts" and media say?

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

I know you like to keep your posts free of substance, but I would be interested to hear how you come to that conclusion. Go on - add something substantive for once. 

Go read a history book about where the English derive....You can start with the Roman influence...Then perhaps the Vikings in Scotland and N.E England...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

England stand on it's own two feet? Get real! They have been plundering and stealing from others for centuries; the behaviour is in the DNA.

Oh that where the good old day's :sad:........they regret it is no more :crying:

Can even not obtain the E.U.membership advantages whitout being a member ….and expected for free !:tongue:

Sorry lads  times changes :cheesy:

Good luck next round 

Signed :Hotel California

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

And that would be relevant to my point because why? 

Because you, a Scot, seem to have no idea how England derived. It is made up of many nationalities over many a millennia. I am English but know I am from Norman stock...

GB, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and even Germany, have all done what you quote the English have done...So what did Scotland not do to make it so squeaky clean...?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Where did I mention anything about origins? We all hail from an Ethiopian primate, apparently, but that is as relevant to my point as your response.

You maybe black, but I ain't sunbeam....????

Read post #258....

Now tell me how Scotland is squeaky clean...?

33 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Hear! Hear! The Englanders have been giving the Vikings a bad name for far, far too long!

• Haha 2

Just now, Rookiescot said:

You unionists are in for a rude awakening when the revenue generated in Scotland is gone.

You do understand that the P.O. has been privitised yes?

????.......Honestly, you Scot die hards really should step back a bit. Blackford, in the House, is of the same ilk and gets trounced wherever he "talks"..????

28 minutes ago, transam said:

Go read a history book about where the English derive....You can start with the Roman influence...Then perhaps the Vikings in Scotland and N.E England...

So, what you're saying that despite Arfur's sword in the stone and George slayin' the dragon stuff, all this national pride, empire and the Queen, they're all just a bunch of mongrels?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So hat happened there? Blackford said Johnson would have to ask for an extension and then there would have to be a general election.

So he was right.

Johnson mumbled something about fish.

Did you link the wrong video or something?

Blackford got his SNP's second-choice Westminster leader's Western Isles ass handed to him (again). That's what you chose to miss.

19 minutes ago, transam said:
27 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Where did I mention anything about origins? We all hail from an Ethiopian primate, apparently, but that is as relevant to my point as your response.

You maybe black, but I ain't sunbeam....????

Read post #258....

Now tell me how Scotland is squeaky clean...?

Who's suggesting you're a black chap? On the other hand...

Origin of modern humans 'traced to Botswana'

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-50210701

The fundamental Scottish take on all this nationhood, ethnicity and race is, "We're all Jock Tamson's bairns."

Even Toyota fanboys and the late Abū Bakr al-Baghdadi.

• Like 1