CW extension of stay on Oct 29, 2019, reentry and certificate of residency.

Went to CW yesterday for my yearly extension. Got que number L1 123 at 10:32 am. Normally I am done by 3 pm and then get multiple reentry permit. 

I did not have a TM 30 and the lady that gave me my que slip at 10:32 am told me to go to the B desk and tell them I did not have a TM 30 and she gave me a que B 55 for my TM 30. 

after about 15 minutes B 55 was called and officer asked me why I did not do a TM 30 and I told her I rent and did not know. She asked me to copy my lease contract for her  and fill out the TM 30 form and skip the line and come back to her. I did and in 5 minutes I was done. No fine and lady was nice. She told me to tell owner the next time to do the TM. 30 or I should do it myself. She was polite and kind. 

My extension of stay que number L1 123 was called at 5:00 pm and then checked and sent to another desk and then sent to another desk. At 6:15 pm I got my extension of stay passport and bank book back. More than 50 people were still waiting when I left. The reentry desk I had received a que number at 3:25pm before the que desk closed. But the reentry desks were all closed at 6:15 pm so I will get the reentry permit at the airport.  

staff at CW is extremely overworked but polite and calm. One lady told me the reason the retirement extension took so long is all of the paperwork was sent upstairs to the boss to review and it was taking longer for retirement extensions than other types of extensions. She apologized and seemed like she was exhausted. 

I also applied for a certificate of residency at CW. That took 5 minutes at the B desks but I have to go back after November 20 and pick it up. There was no charge. I asked the lady if I could pay her 200 baht to mail it to me like CW did a year ago. She said certificate of residency are free now and they are not allowed to mail them or collect 200 baht anymore. For me I would prefer to pay 200 baht and get it by mail than to have to return to CW but that has changed. 

Edited by Wake Up
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probable reason so many people at the IO, because of last day before Oct 31 when health insurance requirement will kick in, and Non Imm OA holders not taking any chances and wanting their extension of stay to be processed before that date.

I also applied for a certificate of residency at CW. That took 5 minutes at the B desks but I have to go back after November 20 and pick it up. There was no charge. I asked the lady if I could pay her 200 baht to mail it to me like CW did a year ago. She said certificate of residency are free now and they are not allowed to mail them or collect 200 baht anymore. For me I would prefer to pay 200 baht and get it by mail than to have to return to CW but that has changed. 

Around 10 days ago I went to CW to also get a certificate of residency just in case I may need for renewal of my 5 year drivers license.  Easy one page form to fill out but as you I was also given a later date/appointment Nov to come pickup the letter....a 6 Nov pickup date I was expecting some kind of fee but none was mentioned.   So apparently it takes them around 3 weeks to prepare the letter.

Now I did see a person just before me also request the same letter and gave the B counter rep a bunch of stamps.  So, maybe if you give them stamps for X-amount of baht they will mail one back.  I need to got back to CW for another reason in early Nov so going back to pickup the letter was not an issue for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

I did not have a TM 30 and the lady that gave me my que slip at 10:32 am told me to go to the B desk and tell them I did not have a TM 30 and she gave me a que B 55 for my TM 30. 

after about 15 minutes B 55 was called and officer asked me why I did not do a TM 30 and I told her I rent and did not know. She asked me to copy my lease contract for her  and fill out the TM 30 form and skip the line and come back to her. I did and in 5 minutes I was done. No fine and lady was nice. She told me to tell owner the next time to do the TM. 30 or I should do it myself. She was polite and kind. 

Kinda sounds like BKK CW is still enforcing the TM30 rule at extension of stay renewals, at least, sometimes!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

My extension of stay que number L1 123 was called at 5:00 pm and then checked and sent to another desk and then sent to another desk. At 6:15 pm I got my extension of stay passport and bank book back.

So presumably you finished your TM30 before lunch time, and then were still stuck waiting until they called you back to start doing your retirement extension of stay at 5 pm????   That's a crazy long wait.

When I did mine back in July there, I had my TM30 and there was no delay about that. I arrived an hour before Immigration opened, got an early pre-lineup queue number and thus by the time I got my ticket for the L section, my number was about 20, as opposed to your 123.

However, by the time they called me around 10 to 10:30 am or so and I finished my business with the processing officer and her nearby supervisor, there was a good hour long wait before my passport got handed back to me, presumably because of that last level of supervisory review that you mention above. I just made it out before lunch time.

The lessons I'd take from that:

--arrive before Immigration opens and get one of the pre-queue number tickets to go in first.

--have your TM30 formalities handled in advance, so you don't get delayed by that.

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So presumably you finished your TM30 before lunch time, and then were still stuck waiting until they called you back to start doing your retirement extension of stay at 5 pm????   That's a crazy long wait.

When I did mine back in July there, I had my TM30 and there was no delay about that. I arrived an hour before Immigration opened, got an early pre-lineup queue number and thus by the time I got my ticket for the L section, my number was about 20, as opposed to your 123.

However, by the time they called me around 10 to 10:30 am or so and I finished my business with the processing officer and her nearby supervisor, there was a good hour long wait before my passport got handed back to me, presumably because of that last level of supervisory review that you mention above. I just made it out before lunch time.

The lessons I'd take from that:

--arrive before Immigration opens and get one of the pre-queue number tickets to go in first.

--have your TM30 formalities handled in advance, so you don't get delayed by that.

Understand your view but the TM 30 was no delay or problem really. And I don’t like to wake up early and rush to CW. Waking up at 6 am is just not me.  ????

Edited by Wake Up

18 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

-arrive before Immigration opens and get one of the pre-queue number tickets to go in first.

How and where from - I have got there early and seen them calling out numbers last two years but never saw where or how obtained. I had assumed they were people not processed the previous day being given priority.

2 minutes ago, mokwit said:

How and where from - I have got there early and seen them calling out numbers last two years but never saw where or how obtained. I had assumed they were people not processed the previous day being given priority.

A guy turns up with a bucket of them, and you have to make honking noises until he throws one your way!

7 minutes ago, mokwit said:

No, there's an Immigration officer who starts handing them out I think around 7 am or so.... And they only issue 300 tickets. And those are the 1st 300 people allowed in when the doors open at 8:30 am... Everyone else who arrives later and/or doesn't get one of those advance queue tickets gets lined up AFTER the initial 300...  It does pay to get there early....

Unless you want to end up spending the whole day sitting around waiting at BKK CW.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Understand your view but the TM 30 was no delay or problem really. And I don’t like to wake up early and rush to CW. Waking up at 6 am is just not me.  ????

I arrived about 7:30 am and was done by just before noon, with retirement extension and re-entry permit in hand. Total time spent there about 4-1/2 hours.

You arrived about 10:30 am and didn't finish until 6:15 pm only to get an extension, and too late to get your re-entry permit, meaning you'll have to try again at the airport. Total time spent at BKK CW more than 7-1/2 hours...

I know which approach I would choose.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK