22 provinces to be hit with water shortage from November 1

snoop1130

3 hours ago, Russell17au said:

I'm not defending the government on this one because it is not only this government but the many governments before them. There is one thing thou and that is it does not matter how many dams and reservoirs you have if you do not get the rain then you end up with things the way they are now. Just look at the current drought in Australia. There has not been the rain, so now there is no water

It's better to not defending them because they have had 5 years with all the power in their hands to do something (Create more dams, repair the existing dams and create a water recovery network) but they have prefered start a lot of big projects, especially with the roads (Some of them was totaly useless at the moment) because of course they can have much more back money with it. And i have to inform you the rain was here, like every year.

17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Go visit India.

India is 6 times larger by the way, and 68 million opposed to 1.2 billion population-India has much more to deal with than Thailand-China can cut off water to millions of Thais when ever they want as well-another wrinkle in bad strategic planning 

10 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Or Australia.

Shacking head! Two geographically different countries. Let's compare Thailand to the UK, both about same size and population. Do I here but, but so let's go back 5 or 600 years and the two countries were about the same in terms of development. We were even fighting major civil/religious wars between England and Scotland, external wars basically with everyone Thailand fighting with Burma. GB has basically been at war every single year of some kind and in modern times 2 world wars London flattened in 1939~45 then rebuilt. Thailand basically left alone with little conflict damage. GB continues to keep building and rebuilding its inferstructure while in Thailand certain families became obscenely rice and the poor are as near to their serfs as you can get. It is so sad. Thailand had every opportunity to be another Japan. 

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

Shacking head! Two geographically different countries. Let's compare Thailand to the UK, both about same size and population. Do I here but, but so let's go back 5 or 600 years and the two countries were about the same in terms of development. We were even fighting major civil/religious wars between England and Scotland, external wars basically with everyone Thailand fighting with Burma. GB has basically been at war every single year of some kind and in modern times 2 world wars London flattened in 1939~45 then rebuilt. Thailand basically left alone with little conflict damage. GB continues to keep building and rebuilding its inferstructure while in Thailand certain families became obscenely rice and the poor are as near to their serfs as you can get. It is so sad. Thailand had every opportunity to be another Japan. 

I did  not intend  any comparison other than the lack of  planned infrastructure. Perhaps  you are  unaware of the debacle ongoing in that context in Australia?

45 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

I did  not intend  any comparison other than the lack of  planned infrastructure. Perhaps  you are  unaware of the debacle ongoing in that context in Australia?

Not exactly sure but wasn't the Darling River almost gone due to some crazy idea of the gov' paying for returned water to the system that was part of the huge volumes pumped out and wasted. As I say,  not really sure on the real facts.

54 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Not exactly sure but wasn't the Darling River almost gone due to some crazy idea of the gov' paying for returned water to the system that was part of the huge volumes pumped out and wasted. As I say,  not really sure on the real facts.

Murray River....plus. Iam not an Australian  but  I  have  good friends  who are. So I checked  out their  comments. Corrupt as  hell  goings  on !

Archived