Wrong gear: Female driver begs forgiveness to woman she reversed over

webfact

Wrong gear: Female driver begs forgiveness to woman she reversed over

9pm.jpg
Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a female driver apparently reversed over a woman after a road accident.

Suwan, 34, at the scene was in floods of tears kneeling beside the dead victim and wailing: "Noo khor thot - noo may day tang jay". 

"I'm sorry  - I didn't mean it". 

Don Hua Lor, Chonburi police found devastation in Soi Tessaban Na Pa around 8.30 pm last night.

Waree, 45, from Roi-Et had head and rib injuries and was crushed to death.

A Ford car was damaged in the front and rear. 

A destroyed motorcycle was lying next to an Isuzu pick-up that was damaged in the front. 

Suwan had been driving the Ford. After a collision she apparently went into the wrong gear and reversed over the victim. 

Police said that they have yet to get what happened from Suwan - in a distraught state she fainted before giving evidence. 

Investigations continue.  

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-31

13 minutes ago, webfact said:
Suwan, 34, at the scene was in floods of tears kneeling beside the dead victim and wailing: "Noo khor thot - noo may day tang jay". 

"I'm sorry  - I didn't mean it". 

stupid (deleted)

RIP

if, post 2 , we also ask forgiveness to an animal that we just crushed, upset not to have seen.
We ask forgiveness to a human being, who has just died, following an illness, a suicide, an accident, because we are reproached for not being sufficiently present, for not being vigilant enough in his calls "for help" or neglecting our attention on the road.
It's called "humanity",
  what you miss, presumably.

Very sad for both people.

Sad situation indeed, the motoring public made of all sorts of drivers from the worst of the worst to the better one how pays attention to what is going on on the road and now how to use a motor vehicle, this is a very unfortunate event, what should have or could be done? not much really, very bad luck to both parties and much worse for the poor deceased one...

21 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

RIP sad stuff.

the transliteration of her thai was awful...

"noo may day tang jay" ?? really

why not nuu mai dai dtang jai?

Besides the point. she should never drive again. she ran over her  after a collision? how did she get a licence? 

Same same but different.

1 hour ago, sirocco said:

if, post 2 , we also ask forgiveness to an animal that we just crushed, upset not to have seen.
We ask forgiveness to a human being, who has just died, following an illness, a suicide, an accident, because we are reproached for not being sufficiently present, for not being vigilant enough in his calls "for help" or neglecting our attention on the road.
It's called "humanity",

Very well said it is a pity the posts before yours have no feelings for others.

3 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

I see the gear leaver shows R, N, D I can see why a driver in distress may select the wrong gear. I also understand the Thai custom for asking for forgiveness.

There is a detent between N and R?

so 3 vehicles.

I Isuzu

1 ford

1 motorcycle.

The ford has  damage to  both front and  back.

Isuzu has  damage to front.

Possible scenario: Ford has frontal collision  with  Isuzu. Following  motorcycle  collides  with rear of Ford.

Ford  driver attempts to back off the Isuzu in a  panic and unaware injured motorcycle driver was on ground  behind.

Easy to be judgemental in the absence of  facts !

2 hours ago, sirocco said:

It's called "humanity",

No it's not, it's called "superstition".

Who's doing the "reproaching"?..........not them, they're dead and gone.

Too late for tearful "humanity"..........they can't hear you anymore.

That's one of the characteristics of death:

Death - Wikipedia

"Death is the permanent cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. Phenomena which commonly bring about death include aging, predation, malnutrition, disease, suicide, homicide, starvation, dehydration, and accidents or major trauma resulting in terminal injury."

You lot could well do with less of whatever you think you should be "aware" of and learn to drive properly instead.

Then there wouldn't be a mountain of corpses littering the roads.

2 hours ago, briansbiology said:

RIP sad stuff.

the transliteration of her thai was awful...

"noo may day tang jay" ?? really

why not nuu mai dai dtang jai?

Besides the point. she should never drive again. she ran over her  after a collision? how did she get a licence? 

Ability to drive safely on the road has never been a requirement for getting a Thai Driving Licence?

18 minutes ago, NightSky said:

This is what happens when all you need to do to get a driving licence is drive a few meters in a straight line or pay someone 1000 baht.

Guess you took a different test than I did.  It was not as comprehensive as the one in Texas, but it was no straight line.

4 hours ago, wgdanson said:

How can she beg forgiveness from a dead person?

Oh I forgot, some people beg some guy called Jesus or his Dad to forgive their sins. Other messiahs are available!

lol... I want to be at your beside when you expire

Archived