Direct deposits through NY Bank

Anyone have any current up to date information concerning the direct deposits through the NY BKK Bank and the cutoff date of 1 January 2020. DFAS in secure messaging sent me the IDD deposit form and had me send to them. Found a IDD form for SS, filled it out and sent to FBU in Manila along with a cover letter and to emails from the BKK Bank in BKK and BKK Bank in NY explaining what the Government paying agents had to do. It is evident from the reply I received back that they really don't understand why I want them to change my direct deposit to the IDD IAT direct deposit, even though I used the new SSA form for International direct deposits to Thailand.

Has anyone else learned anything current on the situation?

Sorry, can't reply.  Too many abbreviations for me to figure out what you want/need.

Me?  I have the USA SocSecAdmin send my monthly payment to my USA bank.  Then, when i need that $$ i have my USA bank transfer some cash to my Bangkok Bank account in NYC.  After a few days and dollars the Bangkok bank informs me that money has arrived and is now in my Thailand account.

But unlike many USA folks here, i do not need that money to support monthly  retirement extension claims.

3 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

Sorry, can't reply.  Too many abbreviations for me to figure out what you want/need.

Me?  I have the USA SocSecAdmin send my monthly payment to my USA bank.  Then, when i need that $$ i have my USA bank transfer some cash to my Bangkok Bank account in NYC.  After a few days and dollars the Bangkok bank informs me that money has arrived and is now in my Thailand account.

But unlike many USA folks here, i do not need that money to support monthly  retirement extension claims.

You might want to try to figure out those abbreviations as your method of using Bangkok Bank NY will soon be coming to an end.

Edited by Pib