Few questions

I'm about to leave thailand, never been here before, and im american. Came here on tourist visa plus extension, so 90 days, and my return ticket was 90 days. I want to come back next summer for 5 months, I'm thinking of coming on a visa exemption and extending that, and then doing a Laos border run and extending that for the 5 months. For onward travel, would immigration accept a 5 month return ticket or does it have to be within 60 days? If they don't accept a 5 month return ticket, would the DC embassy in USA give me a tourist visa when I show them my return ticket is 5 months, or would they decline my visa?

Another question I have is that I'm planning on working in bangkok when I graduate with my bachelors in a year. What would you do if you are coming here to work, as I would be buying a one way ticket to bangkok, and not a roundtrip. Also, with a BSBA, would I be able to work a non-teaching job, like jobs posted on craigslist bangkok, or would I have to be an english teacher?

Immigration seldom asks to see a ticket out of the country within 30 days when entering visa exempt. It would more than likely be the airline that ask for one at check in. A one way low cost ticket to any nearby country would be accepted if asked.

The embassy would want to see a ticket out within 90 days. Again a one way ticket out of the country.would be accepted.

Traveling with a one way ticket would be accepted but getting the visa would require a ticket out of the country.

Not sure about the job situation here at this time.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration seldom asks to see a ticket out of the country within 30 days when entering visa exempt. It would more than likely be the airline that ask for one at check in. A one way low cost ticket to any nearby country would be accepted if asked.

The embassy would want to see a ticket out within 90 days. Again a one way ticket out of the country.would be accepted.

Traveling with a one way ticket would be accepted but getting the visa would require a ticket out of the country.

Not sure about the job situation here at this time.

Well would the airline accept a 5 month return ticket? If not, would the DC embassy accept a 5 month return ticket, and issue me a tourist visa? The DC embassy accepted my 3 month return ticket. How often is a return ticket asked for if you come on no visa? Also would a site like this work for the onward travel, https://bestonwardticket.com/

About the nearest answer to flights out required would be you may be asked or may not be on arrival.

A visa for your 5 months would be your best bet in any case.

A hotel booking and 20,000 baht or equivalent in $ € £ would be a good idea as well.

Starting work would require a work permit and to get that you would have to hold a B visa and that would require paperwork etc etc from the company/school that 'wants' you to work for them. To get a B visa would require a trip to a nearby country with a Thai Embassy/consulate. ( at least 2 or 3 days ). Not all Thai/consulates issue them.

14 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

Well would the airline accept a 5 month return ticket?

A return or onward ticket is not required for entry if you have a visa for entry.

15 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

If not, would the DC embassy accept a 5 month return ticket, and issue me a tourist visa? The DC embassy accepted my 3 month return ticket.

They accepted a ticket within 3 months since you can get a total stay of 90 days by extending the 60 day entry for 30 days.

15 minutes ago, noodleslayer said:

How often is a return ticket asked for if you come on no visa? Also would a site like this work for the onward travel, https://bestonwardticket.com/

A return or onward ticket is seldom asked for unless they are looking for a reason to deny entry.

People have used tickets from sites such as that one for visa applications and boarding their flights to here.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A return or onward ticket is not required for entry if you have a visa for entry.

They accepted a ticket within 3 months since you can get a total stay of 90 days by extending the 60 day entry for 30 days.

A return or onward ticket is seldom asked for unless they are looking for a reason to deny entry.

People have used tickets from sites such as that one for visa applications and boarding their flights to here.

I'm asking would the airline accept a 5 month return ticket, if I am going without a visa

12 hours ago, noodleslayer said:

I'm asking would the airline accept a 5 month return ticket, if I am going without a visa

As I wrote before the airline would want to see a ticket out of the country within 30 days if you do not have a visa.