Which is best a Non 0 single entry or Non-O Multiple-entry for marriage to a Thai person

I plan to go to HCMC to apply for a non 0 visa based on marriage.   I already have over 800K in the bank.  Yes I know I would only need 400K in the bank.  But which one should I get a Non 0 Single entry or Non-O Multiple-entry.  As soon as I get the visa I would go to immigrations to apply for a extension of stay.

As said you only need single entry but will not be able to extend immediately as extension are normally only allowed during the last 30 (or at some places/including Bangkok) 45 days early - that single entry will be for 90 days so you will have to want 45 to 60 days.

For the visa at HCMC you do not need financials but will require original marriage certificate along with signed copy, signed copies of her paperwork and a short letter from her asking for the visa to be issued to you.  You probably know all this but would not want you to get there missing something - there are good threads on HCMC/Savannakhet non immigrant O visa issue you can use for information.  

1 hour ago, Mango Bob said:

Thank you Joe.

Have you been to Thailand before?   Do you plan to take a few trips outside Thailand?  Settling in a new area or travelling around a bit?

I actually had a friend who got a multiple non-O so that he could better time when he would begin the 1 year extension (and set the anniversary date for that).  Because you can start the 1 year extension within the last 30-45 days of any of the non-o entries that you do.  Also it acts as a hedge against a difficult local immigration office.  

So especially it is your first time settling in, I would get the multiple non-o.  The extra $100 USD gives you more overall flexibility.

Edited by 4evermaat
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Have you been to Thailand before?   Do you plan to take a few trips outside Thailand?  Settling in a new area or travelling around a bit?

I actually had a friend who got a multiple non-O so that he could better time when he would begin the 1 year extension (and set the anniversary date for that).  Because you can start the 1 year extension within the last 30-45 days of any of the non-o entries that you do.  Also it acts as a hedge against a difficult local immigration office.  

So especially it is your first time settling in, I would get the multiple non-o.  The extra $100 USD gives you more overall flexibility.

I have lived in Thailand now for 13 years.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

As said you only need single entry but will not be able to extend immediately as extension are normally only allowed during the last 30 (or at some places/including Bangkok) 45 days early - that single entry will be for 90 days so you will have to want 45 to 60 days.

For the visa at HCMC you do not need financials but will require original marriage certificate along with signed copy, signed copies of her paperwork and a short letter from her asking for the visa to be issued to you.  You probably know all this but would not want you to get there missing something - there are good threads on HCMC/Savannakhet non immigrant O visa issue you can use for information.  

Thank you louburi3

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

I am confused about one thing you said.  "original marriage certificate along with signed copy,"  Who signs it or is it both of us?  I understood you needed a copy and the original but did not know about a signed copy?  Please advise.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

A single.

If you want an extension as a spouse you should make sure your bank balance is less than 800K. If over 800K they might push you into a 'retirement extension'.

I will but I have time for that after I do my Non O and return to Thailand.

3 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

I am confused about one thing you said.  "original marriage certificate along with signed copy,"  Who signs it or is it both of us?  I understood you needed a copy and the original but did not know about a signed copy?  Please advise.

Your wife should wet sign the copy of the marriage certificate, as well as the copy of her id card. This pointless exercise is common with all kinds of document copies in Thailand.

6 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

The copy doesn’t need signing by your wife.

Delete

The copy doesn’t need signing by your wife.

Now I have two different answers.   But what does wet sign mean?

Edited by Mango Bob

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

Your wife should wet sign the copy of the marriage certificate, as well as the copy of her id card. This pointless exercise is common with all kinds of document copies in Thailand.

What does wet sign mean?

A wet signature is when you physically sign a piece of paper. It’s called a wet signature because you’re probably signing with a pen, which uses liquid ink. IN most places, signing your name is considered sufficient but marking the paper with an X also counts as a wet signature as well. In some cultures, they’ll still use name seals or wax seals to sign their documents.

3 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

Now I have two different answers.   But what does wet sign mean?

Your wife's signature is not needed on the copy of your marriage certificate.

She must sign the copies of her house book registry and ID card.

As above you have the original marriage certificate so signature may not be required on copy but I would do (or have one) just in case as any copy should be certified by the person(s) it concerns and that is done by signature.  In any case make sure all other copies are signed.