New Fortuner

highchol

Im picking up ( actually the wife is ) a new fortuner 3 litre diesel auto. Any help and advice on what to look out for would be appreciated.

Ive picked up a few pointers while looking through the forum regarding :-

Tyre pressures / over inflated.

Its apparently coming with michelin tyres, Ive seen some around town with bridgestones, which is better?

Request English Handbook,

Best window tint level 60%?

Worthwhile Optional extras?

Anything else?

Thanks

the tires that come standard are fine. I had them throw in 60% tint, English manual, and knock off 15K baht. the tire pressure is in the manual or look at the sticker on the car; can't remember what it is.

Had my Fortuner for 20K kilometers now; no problems at all. Diesel, auto

Ive just bought a Triton plus 2.5 Lt 2WD GLS

Turbo Intercooler, 2 Door Mega cab - Automatic , managed to get some

Freebies...

Bed Liner

Window Tint ( 60% x 40% )

Dash Board soft cover

Front bonnet bug deflector

Side window air deflectors

Chrome door sill protectors

Front off side forward wing mirror

Rear Lights chrome trim

Rear Tail Gate handle Chrome trim

Rear Tail gate 2.5 GLS chrome badge

Door handle chrome scratch protectors

Work shop Manual in English

Underbody corrosion protection ( have to take to shop every 6 months for check up on the protection and have a book stamped )

Mitsubishi Wall Clock

Mitsubishi base ball cap

Mitsubishi Polo Shirt

Mitsubishi Tee Shirt

Mitsubishi Key ring

1,000 Baht of Diesel voucher (which I filled up with on the way home)

Mitsubishi portable side windows sun screen

17,000 Baht discount as I did not want the free Insurance

I took the accessories brochure with me, and asked for nearly every thing in it as a freebie,

Good luck....... TL

Freebies...

Bed Liner

Dash Board soft cover

Rear Lights chrome trim

Underbody corrosion protection ( have to take to shop every 6 months for check up on the protection and have a book stamped )

Mitsubishi Wall Clock

Mitsubishi base ball cap

Mitsubishi Polo Shirt

Mitsubishi Tee Shirt

Mitsubishi Key ring

I took the accessories brochure with me, and asked for nearly every thing in it as a freebie,

Good luck....... TL

hi .... how much for the lot did you pay .. i am after a toyota vigo or a mitsubishi but not sure of price i,ll be paying cash but would like a 4 door .....

Im picking up ( actually the wife is ) a new fortuner 3 litre diesel auto. Any help and advice on what to look out for would be appreciated.

Its apparently coming with michelin tyres, Ive seen some around town with bridgestones, which is better?

Anything else?

Thanks

Update

Hello All

Picked up the new Fortuner today. Process was straightforward with no hitch's.

Paid the full list price of 1256000 baht ( no discount ) included full insurance. Not too upset at not getting a discount as we traded in a 20 month old, 60K km on clock, 2.5 l deisel, manual, 2 door vigo for an allownce of 400K. Waited 1 month for the delivery. Car is fine , tyres pressure ok at 30 PSI.

Got the english handbook.

Got the 60% tint ( told not to operate the windows for five days! i was totaly ignorant on this one)

Only extra we got was the chrome effect surround for the rear lights ( extra 3K )

Picked up the kids from school, they showed thier appreciation

" ugh ...not as good as the prado" ( had a prado last year in the middle east )

Didnt realy want to hear that comment because its true. Prado best car ive ever owned, and the only one I was ever sad to sell.

But the fortuner is a lot of car for the money. Time will tell if a good buy or not.

HI martynsnowman , I paid 669,000 baht , for the Triton, so far not dissapointed with any thing,

The current price list should be .......

Single Cab 2WD TRITON SINGLE CAB 2.5IDI GL* (Solid) ........ .440,000

Mega Cab 2WD TRITON MAGE CAB 2.5IDI GL* (Solid) ..............490,000

TRITON MAGE CAB 2.5DI-D GLX............................................ . 548,000

TRITON MAGE CAB 2.5DI-D GLX AT....................................... .578,000

TRITON PLUS MAGE CAB 2.5DI-D GLX.................................... 590,000

TRITON PLUS MAGE CAB 2.5DI-D GLS.................................... 639,000

TRITON PLUS MAGE CAB 2.5DI-D GLS AT .............................. 669,000 ( * )

Mega Cab 4WD TRITON MAGE CAB 2.5DI-D GLS....................... 628,000 ( 4x4)

Double Cab 2WD TRITON DOUBLE CAB 2.5DI-D GL.................... 574,000

TRITON DOUBLE CAB 2.5DI-D GLX............................................... 608,000

TRITON PLUS DOUBLE CAB 2.5DI-D GLS..................................... 718,000

TRITON DOUBLE CAB 2.5DI-D GLX AT ........................................ 648,000

TRITON PLUS DOUBLE CAB 2.5DI-D GLS AT................................758,000

Double Cab TRITON DOUBLE CAB 2.5DI-D GLS.................... 718,000 (4x4)

TRITON DOUBLE CAB 3.2DI-D GLS ............................................... .818,000 ( 4x4)

TRITON DOUBLE CAB 3.2DI-D GLS LIMITED AT............................898,000 ( 4x4 )

The ''PLUS' is a 2WD version raised up to the height of the 4x4 range

this is the ''Plus's specification ........

the following items are standard on the Triton ‘Plus’ 2.5Lt Turbo Intercooler DI-D Hyper Common Rail GLS. ( the GLX spec may be different ..? )

Front Fog lamps

Side steps

Door sash back

Chrome inner door handles

Electric Chrome wing Mirrors

Rear window defroster with timer

Over Fender

High Mounted stop lights

16 inch alloy wheels

CD / MP3 / DVD Multi region player / USB / Radio / with front AUX

7 inch dash DVD screen monitor

Map Lamp

Sunglasses pocket

Door curtsey Lamps

Digital Dual Trip Meter

Silver painted meter cluster

Chrome Inner door handles

Silver painted center panel & gear shift panel

Remote keyless entry system

Central Arm rest Cup Holder

Center Door Lock

Power Windows

Day / Night rear view mirror

Ignition Key with illumination

Built in down light at center panel

12v Accessory Socket

Drivers SRS Airbag & pretension seat belts

ABS + EBD

Side Door Impact Bars

hope this helps ....... TL

you'll be happy with it. what color? BTW, don't fool with changing gears to pass, go uphill, etc. as the computer/tranny is plenty smart. Just mash the go pedal and let the beast eat the road :o

edit: fuel mileage will improve so don't worry about that at first. I'm getting 11.0 and drive moderate/fast.

Edited by LoveDaBlues

you'll be happy with it. what color? BTW, don't fool with changing gears to pass, go uphill, etc. as the computer/tranny is plenty smart. Just mash the go pedal and let the beast eat the road :o

edit: fuel mileage will improve so don't worry about that at first. I'm getting 11.0 and drive moderate/fast.

Compromised ...got a grey one. Mrs wanted a black one. Granted black ones are "suay mak mak" when just washed!

I will treat her gently until she is broken in. I will get the 1k inspection out of the way then looking forward (for the fist time ever ) to the annual migration north and see what shes capeable of.

Last night when I put her to bed our two 6 month old terror pups took a liking. They chew anything ..so i had a look underneath to see whats the worst they could do. A couple of cables at the rear was alI I could see so I blocked access with a couple of plastc chairs.

Out of intrest whilst under the car noticed at the rear passenger side a spring tensioned mechanism attached to what look like some sort of hyraulic shuttle valve. It looks a bit out of place / fragile and could be of concern on offroad terrain. Any body know what its function is?

Anything else?

Thanks

I'm very happy with mine, also gray. They threw in the wooden dash option, but it is plastic - looks ok though. I tried but failed to get the English handbook, would really like to get that.

Yes, don't open the windows for a week, or the film will come off.

The only minor irritation I have is that, after it locks automatically after a few seconds of driving, I have to take the key out of the ignition if I want to open the rear door - which means stopping the ignition and therefore music and aircon - it doesn't work when still in the ignition.

Enjoy it,

Mike

Anything else?

Thanks

I'm very happy with mine, also gray. They threw in the wooden dash option, but it is plastic - looks ok though. I tried but failed to get the English handbook, would really like to get that.

The only minor irritation I have is that, after it locks automatically after a few seconds of driving, I have to take the key out of the ignition if I want to open the rear door - which means stopping the ignition and therefore music and aircon - it doesn't work when still in the ignition.

Enjoy it,

Mike

Automatic door locking is a good safety feature. I have an early Fortuner. To unlock all doors when the key is in the ignition lock and with engine running, just press the Lock/Unlock rocker switch on the driver door.

Auto door locking comes into effect at 25 KPH.

The rear door can be unlocked with the other doors by using the rocker switch on the drivers door with or without key in the ignition.

Edited by Maigo6

Anything else?

Thanks

Hm? Pushing the unlock button on driver side door works fine for me. I was actually impressed with the unlock/lock computer - its smarter than me. It will auto-lock the car if unlocked and no doors open for 30 seconds. Which is good as it's pretty easy to hit unlock per accident on the key. In any case, unlock button is the same as taking key out of ignition as far as locking is concerned.

I am happy with mine as well. Some rattles are developing at 15k but they are very minor and mostly I can hear them because the cabin is so quiet during normal operation. Pretty amazing, I can listen to classical music in this car, or have a quiet conversation up to speeds of about 120km/h.

Cabin is super nice but then paid extra 'cause wifey would only go with white and so I had to buy the "exclusive" edition. Perforated leather is very nice though, as well as everything else. I am getting only 9km/l - not sure why. Either they tuned the engine for performance - it certainly feels very punchy - or it's all that mountain driving that I do. At max. speed, I am always pushing it to the limit.

We had the passenger side airbag fixed at 10k service, other than that no problems whatsoever. I don't know what was wrong with the airbag but it rattled.

I have a xerox copy of an english manual, useful to have. Correct tire pressure is 32psi on all 4 as far as I remember.

The only thing I am missing is a rear diff lock - I read that some Fortuners in South Africa have that. Mine has only the center diff lock.

Edited by nikster

Freebies...

Bed Liner

Dash Board soft cover

Rear Lights chrome trim

Mitsubishi Wall Clock

Mitsubishi base ball cap

Mitsubishi Polo Shirt

Mitsubishi Tee Shirt

Mitsubishi Key ring

Good luck....... TL

hi .... how much for the lot did you pay .. i am after a toyota vigo or a mitsubishi but not sure of price i,ll be paying cash but would like a 4 door .....

CHECK OUT MY VOGO FOR SALE ON THE FORUM IF YOU ARE STILL AFTER ONE