atm withdrawal

56 minutes ago, kevin612 said:

My debit card limit is 600 usd, I withdrew 18000 + 150 baht which was total 602 +5.97 usd. I am surprise it worked.

I'm fairly certain, especially with foreign exchange, most banks would have some flexibility built in.

But really, despite all the sage advice he's received here, the only way he'll know what his bank will do is to give it a try or contact them.

what does " border line [sic]  3/1" (that the O/P mentioned a few times) mean? 30 baht to the dollar ? ?  30/1 ?

"

Because the exchange rate is border line 3/1"

Edited by Suradit69

On a side note: if any Australians reading this want a tip, open an ING Everyday account. If $1000 is deposited monthly all ATM and foreign exchanges fees are refunded and you’re given pretty much the present time XE rate at the ATM. 

Absolutely fantastic card that negates the need for any large cash withdrawals and/or going to exchange booths. 

10 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just the same effect. No 30(220) Baht for 1000 USD which was the original topic.

I have no idea as to what that is supposed to mean. I used the Mastercard rate, which is what he would get if using a Mastercard...

Of course, if his card has other forex fees, they will need to be taken into account. Though they may be listed separately on his statement. i.e., not from the US$1000 per day limit.

Relatively easy to check the Mastercard rate beforehand, so as to check the approx. amount that you can withdraw each time.

4 hours ago, IraqRon said:

Which bank allows 30,000 baht withdrawal with foriegn card?  bbk limit is 25k I was told and that is the highest among thai banks? jing jing?

ATMs can dispense either 20 or 30 notes in one hit, hence, either 20,000 Bht or 30,000 Bht max in one withdrawal depending on the ATM.

5 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

you’re given pretty much the present time XE rate at the ATM

As I understand it, you actually get the Visa rate on the day it's processed, unlike using a Mastercard when you'll get the Mastercard rate on the day the withdrawal was made.

Edited by Salerno
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, IraqRon said:

Which bank allows 30,000 baht withdrawal with foriegn card?  bbk limit is 25k I was told and that is the highest among thai banks? jing jing?

Krugsri 

Bank of Ayudhya

CIM

TMB

The lit of four that I know of from 4 years ago. I've only used Krungsri since 4 years ago.

Edited by IAMHERE
add list

On 11/5/2019 at 9:55 PM, JamJar said:

That's not a sensible suggestion. He'll get a better rate if he withdraws 29,900 baht, as opposed to 20,000.

Logical, except in Thailand the ATMs output either 20 or 30 bills. I used the calculator and can't get 29,900 without using 38 bills.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:49 PM, sanemax said:

It will be rejected .

Just withdraw 29 000 B

This is my plan too. I draw 3 Times a month at 30,000 baht each. That's my budget more or less. Now my budget is going to be 87,000 per month. I won't miss that 3,000 baht but it means some table in Thailand is going to have less Sang Som and Sticky rice.

12 hours ago, Salerno said:

ATMs can dispense either 20 or 30 notes in one hit, hence, either 20,000 Bht or 30,000 Bht max in one withdrawal depending on the ATM.

As I understand it, you actually get the Visa rate on the day it's processed, unlike using a Mastercard when you'll get the Mastercard rate on the day the withdrawal was made.

Well I have been getting 25  1000 baht notes from bbk  atm in CR for over 10 years now, I asked to get higher limit so as to cut down on number of withdrawals but bbk said no. 

Is it due to me using a foriegn debit card?  Maybe the 30,000 limit is for the subject bank's cards and w/d from the bank account here in Thailand?

6 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Logical, except in Thailand the ATMs output either 20 or 30 bills. I used the calculator and can't get 29,900 without using 38 bills.

If there is that note restriction, then the max today would be 29500. Useful information for whom it concerns.

8 hours ago, IraqRon said:

Is it due to me using a foriegn debit card?

Could be dependant on your daily limit from your home bank; would that fit your scenario? I believe some cards from various countries have fairly low limits (mid-100s), mine is AU$1000 so was handy ... before the $ got it's <deleted> kicked.

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

Could be dependant on your daily limit from your home bank; would that fit your scenario? I believe some cards from various countries have fairly low limits (mid-100s), mine is AU$1000 so was handy ... before the $ got it's <deleted> kicked.

No, my daily limit by my bank in usa much highter, I was talking about Iamhere saying that thai atms are limited to 20 or 30 note withdrawals when I get 25 1000 baht atm w/d at bbk.

7 hours ago, IraqRon said:

No, my daily limit by my bank in usa much highter, I was talking about Iamhere saying that thai atms are limited to 20 or 30 note withdrawals when I get 25 1000 baht atm w/d at bbk.

That's max 20 or 30; good to know Bkk is 30. I never take much note of which ATM I use, just use whichever is the first I see when I need cash.