atm withdrawal

32 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you have money, you will have a great time. When you are just in survival mode, you might not like it.

Some people marry bar girls half their age and expect real love. Others can't speak the language after being here 30 years and find it strange that they don't fit in.  

Wrong thread right forum.

If rejected I  have to pay the atm fee (200+ bht). I think its reasonable to ask what would happen if i tried to withdraw 30k while my USA bank allows only 1k especially with the exchange rate borderline 3/1 and is changing by the day

Edited by riclag
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, riclag said:

If rejected I  have to pay the atm fee (200+ bht). I think its reasonable to ask what would happen if i tried to withdraw 30k while my USA bank allows only 1k especially with the exchange rate borderline 3/1 and is changing by the day

It will be rejected .

Just withdraw 29 000 B

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Why do you think you pay the ATM fee if the transfer is rejected? At least with the cards which i used in the past i didn't get charged an ATM fee if i didn't get money out of it.

But you should be aware that your card might be blocked (i had this happen with a visa card), if withdrawing fails three times for whatever reason, even if it's just due to a not sufficient limit. So if withdrawing 30k fails just go for 29k (instead of trying steps like 29.9k, 29.8k...). I then had to contact my bank to have my card unblocked.

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JamJar said:

30,000 baht is equal to US$993.46. 

And 30220 Baht is 1005.66 USD.

(TT about 30.05 today)

My bet: you won't get 30k Baht with a 1k USD limit today.

(even if your bank reimburses the 220 Baht, it will still be added at the transaction).

Edited by KhunBENQ
Baht-> USD
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And 30220 Baht is 1005.66 USD.

(TT about 30.05 today)

My bet: you won't get 30k Baht with a 1k USD limit today.

(even if your bank reimburses the 220 Baht, it will still be added at the transaction).

30220 baht from an ATM using a Mastercard, equals US$1,001.96 today.  US$1000 equal to 30,161 baht. Assuming a 220 baht fee, he can withdraw 29,940 baht.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JamJar said:

30220 baht from an ATM using a Mastercard, equals US$1,001.96 today.  US$1000 equal to 30,161 baht. Assuming a 220 baht fee, he can withdraw 29,940 baht.

Is the ATM fee counted as part of the withdrawal money ?

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Assuming an exchange rate of 30.05 the limit would be 29830 (-> 29800).

(x+220)/30.05=1000

Don't assume with an irrelevant exchange rate.

TT rate has nothing to do with it. Mastercard rate today is 30.1613

So the figures would be as above. 29,941 baht. 

Edited by JamJar

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Is the ATM fee counted as part of the withdrawal money ?

Quite likely. As whilst they show the fee to you on the receipt separately, your card issuer still is presented with a total figure.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:21 PM, JamJar said:

30,000 baht is equal to US$993.46. 

My bank in the USA seems to think I took out 30220 baht; every time.

November 3rd I withdrew the 30,000 + 220 = $1004.69

My limit is also $1000  per day.  Guess the bank has some flexibility? I don't know. The 30,000 + 220  prior to that was mid October and amounted to $1000.46    

Edited by IAMHERE
enter my last ATM experience
  • Thanks 1

On 11/4/2019 at 11:26 PM, riclag said:

I don’t know what bank you have but I have NEVER been charged a fee if the transaction isn’t completed. I seriously doubt you will be charged 200 Baht for an incomplete transaction.

• Thanks 1