Evolution Ccr

smartecosse

post-29465-1174989356_thumb.jpg

Really cheap quality looking ABS is the back of the "box" that everything is mounted on

post-29465-1174989416_thumb.jpg

APD's own harness with intergrated weights. You need a lot of weight with these to get down initially

post-29465-1174989464_thumb.jpg

Counter Lungs, you can see the two manual valves for the O2 and the Diluent. You can also see the two T pieces that the breathing look attaches to. The one on the right hand side had the ADV on it as well which is why it looks slightly different

post-29465-1174991236_thumb.jpg

diluent lines in and the 2 litre dil bottle in place

post-29465-1174991253_thumb.jpg

both valves and sets of line in place along with the O2 bottle

post-29465-1174991274_thumb.jpg

APD make their own valves. Not very handy for getting spares is Asia :o

post-29465-1174991295_thumb.jpg

the electronic control unit and the lid. You can see the three oxygen sensors

post-29465-1174991359_thumb.jpg

the scrubber cannister. This is where the CO2 "removal agent" goes. The lead hanging down is for the temperature sensor that runs down the middle of the cannister.

post-29465-1174991475_thumb.jpg

the "housing" that the scrubber cannister goes into. You can see the "snorkel" which is where the used air returns to from the breathing loop

post-29465-1174991579_thumb.jpg

the scrubber unit in place

post-29465-1174992088_thumb.jpg

you can see here the top of the scrubber, the air distribution bar and the "snorkel". The hole in the centre is where the breathing loop (air out from cannister is still to be connected) and the smaller screw in connector is where fibre optic head up display is connected.

• 1 month later...
there the future :o

had it about two years, pretty much bypassed the twins route and went for the evo

great to dive with, and less deco obligation etc

only downside is the ridiculous price of them

What sort of gas mix (%) are you using and at what depths ??

I've just done a course on an Inspiration, and ordered the Evolution, as it's a bit smaller and I'm not massive. The beauty of them is that instead of choosing a gas mix in advance, or carrying different mixes with you, it adjusts the mix all the time to maintain a constant PPO2. So you are always breathing the optimum nitrox mix for the depth.

And you check your gauges, then check them again and the pressure hasn't dropped hardly at all, you could dive all day without running low on gas, and have loads of NDL time...I wasn't sure before I tried it, but I think I'm probably converted now. Once the prices become more reasonable, I think this is the future of diving.

there the future :o

had it about two years, pretty much bypassed the twins route and went for the evo

What sort of gas mix (%) are you using and at what depths ??

The deepest I have been personally on the unit is only 70 meters, to go any deeper I would have had to have had a shovel with me :D

The unit themselves are well proven on deep dives with 200 meter plus having been done on them. Check out Cedric Veriders site if you want to see what CCR's are capable of. 200 m dive on a battleship anyone :D

Actually they are great on relative shallow dives as well in the 20 to 40 meter range. Much less deco obligations and hardly any gas usage at all. The Evo is also quite small and is about the same weight as diving with a 15 lt steel

• 5 months later...

I thought it was because you were too fat to carry the twins and deco cyls. and too tight to pay for open-circuit helium.

( note Scottish flag in avatar)

J