LATEST: American fugitive captured after shooting himself, Thai wife arrested

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lionrock2312 said:

Of course you wouldn't have said that to his face

I wouldn't say it to his face either but that doesn't mean I'm not thinking it. This peace of garbage only deserves a ride in he pickup and not in the ambulance. No attempt should be made in making his life comfortable. I don't care if this waste of space bleeds to death. 

From Khaosod news online an hour ago, they're reporting that after the police had them surrounded, the American shot his wife in the head then himself in the left temple. Although the video of the wife being taken away in the back of a pickup doesn't quite gel with that..?
He's reported to be in a serious condition.
They also reported that his wife is 3 months pregnant with his child.

1 minute ago, katana said:

From Khaosod news online an hour ago, they're reporting that after the police had them surrounded, the American shot his wife in the head then himself in the left temple. Although the video of the wife being taken away in the back of a pickup doesn't quite gel with that..?

He died

2 minutes ago, katana said:

One has to say if this correct,    then what a tragedy for the unborn child. 

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:
4 minutes ago, katana said:

He died

Well I would imagine the prognosis for being shot in the temple is not very good.

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Good news, you can run but you cannot hide from the Thai Police

they always get their man and woman in this case, BUT why can 

they not catch Red Bull.

regards Worgeordie

They don't want to, or have been ordered not to?

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

A lot of BS flying about regarding this story, this morning his wife had already been caught.

Now we are being told he shot his wife and himself, how was this possible if she was already in custody?

Just the quality of Thai news reporting. Checking facts before publishing? Nah, too much trouble.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just the quality of Thai news reporting. Checking facts before publishing? Nah, too much trouble.

I am not saying that they are or aren't because I don't know It could be that they are not, or that some are and others aren't.    

But We really don't know what the quality of Thais news media is, because most of as don't read Thai. What we know is the quality of Thai based expat news outlets and translations.

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

I agree. My inclination would be to end it rather than face that bleak future..

And being Thailand, it is not impossible to put a fix on these things before they get that bad.

These 2 cant have had to many brains.

But yeah, over years ive noticed many of these ones named "Whiset"

and "Phiset" and such 

are usually anything but the definition of the Thai word.

Usually they are the biggest morons.

19 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am not saying that they are or aren't because I don't know It could be that they are not, or that some are and others aren't.    

But We really don't know what the quality of Thais news media is, because most of as don't read Thai. What we know is the quality of Thai based expat news outlets and translations.

You speak for yourself. As a long-time journalist myself I've worked alongside Thai journalists, and not one of them would last a week in the real world. Many are lazy, and they have been taught from the day they started school not to ask questions. Especially if the person who needs to be questioned is seen as being higher up the social ladder (he or she has a uniform with 10 rows of colourful ribbons). Not a great foundation to be a journalist. When I worked with Thai journalists it was always, always me that had to ask the questions. How often have we read that 'so-and-so didn't explain'. Well, did anyone ask?

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I am not so sure. When the cops kill people who are trying to surrender they usually riddle them with bullets to make sure they are dead.  It is possible that Helmus did shoot his himself and his girlfriend to avoid capture and further prison but odd that both of them survived.  Perhaps he had the guts to shoot but not to kill.  If he wanted to die in a blaze of glory he could have arranged that by shooting at the police.  They had M16s which could have finished him off quickly and efficiently. 

At the end of the first video it shows what looks like a 1911 type .45 semi-auto pistol which would easily have finished both of them off, if aimed in a vital spot.   

“Blaze of glory”  ?

22 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You speak for yourself. As a long-time journalist myself I've worked alongside Thai journalists, and not one of them would last a week in the real world. Many are lazy, and they have been taught from the day they started school not to ask questions. Especially if the person who needs to be questioned is seen as being higher up the social ladder (he or she has a uniform with 10 rows of colourful ribbons). Not a great foundation to be a journalist. When I worked with Thai journalists it was always, always me that had to ask the questions. How often have we read that 'so-and-so didn't explain'. Well, did anyone ask?

I can only speak for myself,

But I Am waiting with great anticipation for the time where i am anointed Emperor and can start talking for everyone else.,because I do say it so much better than anyone else. Sadly until such time, you all have to muddle through all by yourselves,    

Archived