Tourist visa without insurance - almost deported

6 minutes ago, anyone said:

As I live here a few years already (non-B) I did not prepared it yet.

do you have any previous tourist visa/visa exempt/voa entries at all or are they all non-B?

as far as i know insurance is not required for any visa except non-oa and non-ox

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Not needed if you have a valid visa for entry. With no visa you need a ticket out ot the country within 30 days.

2. Not required.

3. It is the equivalent 20k baht in cash or 10k baht for a visa exempt entry.

ON 3.

My adult kids are coming soon, would they need cash or would an ATM be OK??

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Not needed if you have a valid visa for entry. With no visa you need a ticket out ot the country within 30 days.

2. Not required.

With 3 i thought the 20,000 baht equivalent requirement was for a visa exempt family? one person on their own 10,000 baht equivalent. Tourist visa it's not required?

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

If your adults can carry an ATM full of cash with them then I'd say they must be super strong. What steroid cycle are they on?

I think the IO would let them in if they had an ATM full of cash when entering the country. Don't think there's been any reports of anyone taking an ATM with them though!

what is a 'your adult'?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2. Not required.

Be there in 2 weeks..flying into bkk..will seek 30 exempt from US, extend in cnx, then haul to mae sai for 2nd exempt and extend again 30+30+30+30=120 then head home..was last there 11 months ago for 120 as well

All good?  and is only 10k????  thanks in advance..just nervous with all the brewha lately over visa stuff

have return tix albeit in 120 days---and will have cash

6 hours ago, anyone said:

I'm arrived to Don Muang airport 1 week ago as tourist.

Officer said I need 
1. Return ticket
2. Insurance
3. Pocket money
As I live here a few years already (non-B) I did not prepared it yet. After a few hours in buffer zone they let me in. Last time.
Is all 3 points are mandatory now??

1. All tourists should at least have an onward ticket. But you can’t be denied specifically for not having one. They’d have to deny under a different reason.

2. That has never been, and currently isn’t, a requirement for any tourist. I’m sure it will come eventually.

3. It is an official regulation that anyone entering carries “pocket money”. At least 20K if entering with a visa, or 10K using visa exemption. You can be denied entry for not having the required cash/travellers cheques.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2. Not required.

You only need 10k baht for single person. 20k is for a couple

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2. Not required.

Is a bank statement from the country of origin showing the foreign currency balance is well above the requirement acceptable?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Is a bank statement from the country of origin showing the foreign currency balance is well above the requirement acceptable?

I'm showed them my Kasikorn bank book, they do not believed 555

Edited by anyone

I did actually not know that one also have to be able to show 20k "pocket money" cash when arrive on a non-immigrant visa. Makes little sense as most of course will have shown capital capacity by getting any of those non-immigrant visas in the first place (based on work, retirement, investment Etc.). Oh well, TIT. But in all my years here I have never been asked (on non-im visas of diff types). Cheers!

1 hour ago, Firefan said:

I did actually not know that one also have to be able to show 20k "pocket money" cash when arrive on a non-immigrant visa. Makes little sense as most of course will have shown capital capacity by getting any of those non-immigrant visas in the first place (based on work, retirement, investment Etc.). Oh well, TIT. But in all my years here I have never been asked (on non-im visas of diff types). Cheers!

The money is for tourist visa holders and for people on 30 days visa exempt. 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Correct for a visa exempt entry.

For a entry using a valid visa it is 20k baht or individual or 40k baht for a family.

@ubonjoe You're rarely wrong, (and I believe we've discussed this before) so excuse the question but here 

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html

it says that the Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme requires "Proof of adequate finances for the duration of stay in Thailand i.e. traveller’s cheque or cash equivalent to 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family."

but nowhere on that page does it say that those with SETV (valid visa) need to show any cash on entry. This is obviously from the UK Embassy site.

They do indeed want financial evidence to apply for the visa but not, it appears, to enter Thailand.

What am I missing...if anything?

Edited by VBF