Chiang Mai/Phetchaburi: Welcome to the hotel sir, now I will rob you!

webfact

Chiang Mai/Phetchaburi: Welcome to the hotel sir, now I will rob you!

2pm.jpg

Picture: INN

INN reported the arrest of a hotel front desk supervisor who stole tourists' credit card details and bought goods online worth nearly half a million baht. 

Thirty five year old Jirat Siriwattanakun worked at hotels in both Chiang Mai and Phetchaburi. 

Through his position he had access to guests' personal information and credit card details. 

He used these to contact the issuing bank to pretend to be them and request a change in phone number. 

He then bought eight iPhones, gold and other services online to the tune of 489,586 baht. 

Fifty items of incriminating evidence were found at his address.

He was arrested last week on a warrant for credit card fraud posing as another person issued by the South Bangkok court. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-07

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have a debit card that I only keep a couple of thousand dollars in the account, No overdraft protection, so if they hit me they can only hit me for the amount in the account. For larger purchases I can transfer funds in minutes.

Me too!

7 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have a debit card that I only keep a couple of thousand dollars in the account, No overdraft protection, so if they hit me they can only hit me for the amount in the account. For larger purchases I can transfer funds in minutes.

I started doing this 15 years ago, I actually have 3 current accounts, two as above and the third for Direct Debits, water, electricity, True etc.

• Like 1

What’s with obviously guilty perps being allowed to wear hats, sunglasses, bike helmets to disguise their identity? On TV they’re often blurred out.

So are guilty and often disgusting criminals entitled to the “must never lose face” edict?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, webfact said:

INN reported the arrest of a hotel front desk supervisor who stole tourists' credit card details and bought goods online worth nearly half a million baht.

Hope he enjoyed his 5 minutes of the luxury life... it's going to be a bit different for the next few years.

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

Same.