American escapee not yet dead as earlier reported

webfact

American escapee not yet dead as earlier reported

6pm.jpg
Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded quoted the director of Somdet Phrayupharat Hospital in Sa Kaeo as saying that the American man who escaped from a Pattaya court was not yet dead

The media mentioned "Coma!!" in their headline. 

Dr Phuwadon Kittiwattanasan said that Bart Allen Helmus was in a critical condition at 3.30 am but was still on a respirator. 

His wife was also in a serious condition after he apparently shot her in the forehead. 

ER staff confirmed to the media around 4 am that the American was still alive, but barely. His heart was still pumping, they said. 

6pm1.jpg
Picture: 77kaoded

Earlier Thai media reported that he was already dead. 

The truth seems to be that after five hours in such a critical condition he would be presumed dead and life support would be turned off, notes Thaivisa. 

77kaoded contradicted and added to previous reports about the couple's capture. They said the American fired at the police twice with a BB gun adapted to be a 9 mm. 

He then was reported as shooting his wife Sirinpha in the forehead. Earlier reports suggested she was only slightly wounded, now she is in a grievous condition according to the director of the hospital. 

Following shooting his wife the American turned the gun on himself, shooting to the head said 77kaoded. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-07

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im no expert but typically the auto bb's cant be adapted to 9mm? usually a bb revolver would work but typically just modified for .22 because easier and also can use smooth bores and such... (im not involved in any illegal activity just talk from thais....(that are all good))

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

The truth seems to be that after five hours in such a critical condition he would be presumed dead and life support would be turned off, notes Thaivisa. 

Is that the case for all patients of just on the run fugitives? 

47 minutes ago, webfact said:
They said the American fired at the police twice with a BB gun adapted to be a 9 mm. 

Can that be done {the adaption that is, I'm sure that it was possible to shoot at the BIB. Not advisable, but possible}?

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

In times like this i'm very happy living in this magnificent country, not a dull moment here folks...where else you get this kind of suspense and entertainments on an hourly basis, priceless i tell ya...

It's classic Shakespeare: The Comedy of Errors.

He might just be asleep,waiting for the guards,he will have guards ?

to fall asleep, then begger off to Cambodia.

This story has more twists and bends than the road to Mae Hong son

once again sterling reporting from the Thai media,who don't seem

to know their @rse from their elbow

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

Great. And here they will use this against us good guys because he can't pay his hospital bill.

Yeah, disgusting that they took this guy into hospital while many hospitals are giving so many other people grief about insurance before treatment.  Maybe the Police up front agreed to pay the bill?  Yeah and I got some fine marshland here in Florida for sale

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Can that be done {the adaption that is, I'm sure that it was possible to shoot at the BIB. Not advisable, but possible}?

It can be done if one owns a machine shop!  He may have just re-used the barrel, opened up the end where the BB would come out.  At the trigger end, well, somehow install a firing pin.  Might be a one shot Saturday night special, with a simple spring loaded pin, and not a real trigger.  No clip, no magazine, barely a simple chamber to put the one bullet in.  I have seen some pretty simple single shot guns that people makeshift together.  But reading another post I see he allegedly fired 5 or 6 shots.  So pretty much no idea what is what!

What a reporting debacle, do any "journalists" on any outlet do fact checking with appointed spokespeople for police or medical services? No wonder news articles are treated with some scepticism.

Do journalists in Thailand have qualifications? 

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

Go with what you know. Hang himself in a cell. Take a dive from a balcony. Looks like people are way over thinking this

All that speculation by TV posters yesterday for not !!!

Archived