A bridge to far: retirement hoops to jump through

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

the change of tone was clear to me then and the illusion of 'grandfathering' shattered along with the realisation that long stay visitor means exactly that. all the retirement stuff is pure BS, we are only ever 1 year away from a trip home no matter how integrated we think we are.

True

and you even not have 1 year

don't forget the every 90 day probation control 

if for some reason they do not want you anymore

at least 4 times in a year they have the opportunity to 

just give you 7 days for leave the country

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

They only want millionaire type retirees.. The squeeze disproportionally effects those who have to watch tier budget.. 

Millionaires? Dunno, I reckon someone has had a look at Malaysia's M2H and said "We want this too", but they are way too stupid and lazy to implement it in an orderly manner.

Edited by Momofarang

2 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

Millionaires? Dunno, I reckon someone has had a look at Malaysia's M2H and said "We want this too", but they are way too stupid and lazy to implement it in an orderly manner.

They would never support something like MM2H.. 

Owning land.. owning 2 homes.. importing one car tax free.. Resident card with local price on all attractions.. For a couple of mil baht equivalent.. 

If only.. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

Ditto but just make sure you have budgeted in the regular increases in coverage (i.e. mandatory 400k/40k to something like a 800/80k policy etc) and the increase in insurance premiums (as you age) or you'll be in the same boat as many here are in now.

YEP. I'm good to go for another year but will approach it in about 8 more months.