Requirements for a Yellow Book

It can vary from office to office, best advice is to go ask them directly what they want, and take the wife with you.

If it's the same office you got married at, it is usually easier. Ask for the pink ID card while doing it, it's easier and an extra 10 minutes.(usually).

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

It can vary from office to office, best advice is to go ask them directly what that want, and take the wife with you.

Yeah, she's tried calling them a dozen times and they don't answer the phone. Got the phone number from the Samui Amphur. Thought I'd see what information TV members might have. For example, do I need a letter from Immigration testifying to my address?

4 minutes ago, GalaxyMan said:

Yeah, she's tried calling them a dozen times and they don't answer the phone. Got the phone number from the Samui Amphur. Thought I'd see what information TV members might have. For example, do I need a letter from Immigration testifying to my address?

Again, it won't matter, unless someone has been specifically to that office any information stated may not apply, with the exception of your passport/visa/marriage certificate/wife and her tabien bahn and I'd,  the rest is variable on the office.

If they don't answer the phone, go there and ask.

9 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Again, it won't matter, unless someone has been specifically to that office any information stated may not apply, with the exception of your passport/visa/marriage certificate/wife and her tabien bahn and I'd,  the rest is variable on the office.

If they don't answer the phone, go there and ask.

Yep, exactly this. Some offices are friendly & easy, some pile on requirements that can get silly. Could even depend on which gov't hack handles your case. I needed a copy of my--get this--latest 90-day report receipt at Pattaya City Hall recently, included with the passport pages.

The other guys have nailed it.  It will vary from amphur to amphur.  I think it is pretty much universal you will need a translation of your passport, anything more is a guess.  

Wife handled all mine from beginning to end, took 2 or 3 trips to office.   All I did was go inside when called, smile and sign couple pages.  Every body seems to have different experience.

Good luck.

The wife went to the Tessa Baan in Nathon today to ask them. From my side, I need only my passport (plus copy) and a color photo. We need a Thai witness who needs to bring their ID and housing documents, along with copies. The wife needs the marriage certificate, Tambien Baan, and her ID card (and copies of everything). Sounds pretty simple. We actually got an appointment for the 20th, so I'll soon find out.