Advice Please: Vietnamese Acquaintance in IDC, Suan Plu

zxzoomy

A Vietnamese acquaintance was arrested on October 31st for selling food at a market stall in Bangkok. I don't know if he has any overstay. He is in Suan Plu IDC. I'm currently in Bangkok, not far from there. I know about how to visit him, though I haven't visited yet. If I go to that immigration office and enquire is it likely that I will get any useful information? Like court date, amount of fine, is bail possible? I don't have a lot of money to spend on this. But I read that IDC is an unpleasant place to be so I want to try to help. Any experiences welcome. 

IDC Suan Plu says he now has a ticket and will return to Vietnam on 13th. So a result and I didn't pay the 9,000. If anyone ever wants to enquire there in the afternoons door 2 opens sometime after 2pm, maybe nearer 2.30pm, and I advise people to be assertive, but pleasant of course, in asking for what they need. 

Does anyone know if IDC Suan Plu does ask for 9,000 bt to deport someone to Vietnam? I thought it was up to a friend of the prisoner to buy a flight ticket and send it to the police. But maybe that only applies to distant countries? 

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

In many, perhaps most,  cases there is a legal fine to be paid. 

Yes, and I'm sure I've read about other fees, like for being taken to the airport. But I've never read that the sum paid to the police included the flight ticket.