Going to the bank.....oh no

parafareno

they locked my sbc account few years ago cause i did not use it for more than 1 year, so i had to come back to reopen it again....and i asked them today well when will oyou close it again, how many months cant i used it? they say we never lock any accounts, impossible....i mean are there new rules etc? and also they know nothing about connecting paypal etc.....

Why not just use it from time to time for something like  , logging in ….or even loading your Thai phone online , and you have not that problem any more when out of country …..just showing some access & action ..

16 minutes ago, david555 said:

Why not just use it from time to time for something like  , logging in ….or even loading your Thai phone online , and you have not that problem any more when out of country …..just showing some access & action ..

what do you mean logging in? can I use my thai number in europe? it is prepaid though...

tryin to setup paypal so i keep my bank account active when i am in europe

After a year or so of inactivity, they deduct 50 per month till it is dry then close it, or lock it, but it can be reopened.  Best to get Internet banking, but easier said than done. Get two Thai accounts and just transfer money around.. free, or use the visa debit overseas.. I bought beer with mine in Virginia.. no pin needed. 

The Thai banking system is good, but they are bad offenders when it comes to making up rules, laws, and interpreting them.. Maybe they are IO wannabes, we all know that is where the real money is. 

1 hour ago, parafareno said:

what do you mean logging in? can I use my thai number in europe? it is prepaid though...

tryin to setup paypal so i keep my bank account active when i am in europe

I did  use my KK card  in my Europe country on ATM already...so that is using account already 

Second loading your Thai prepaid (as mine...) should be possible by online banking  , even if you can not transfer online out of Thailand , you logged in on your account that way , and transferring  from your Thai account inside Thailand must be possible ….

Attention …. I am not talking about mobile banking by a phone … but online by laptop or PC

PS : set up your phone " roaming allowed " four use out of Thailand 

9 hours ago, david555 said:

I did  use my KK card  in my Europe country on ATM already...so that is using account already 

Second loading your Thai prepaid (as mine...) should be possible by online banking  , even if you can not transfer online out of Thailand , you logged in on your account that way , and transferring  from your Thai account inside Thailand must be possible ….

Attention …. I am not talking about mobile banking by a phone … but online by laptop or PC

PS : set up your phone " roaming allowed " four use out of Thailand 

how to set it up roaming?

i think prepaid will be super expensive, but i need it only for sms i guess like bank etc....

online banking seems not to be that safe to me......i am afraid to set it up

4 hours ago, parafareno said:

how to set it up roaming?

i think prepaid will be super expensive, but i need it only for sms i guess like bank etc....

online banking seems not to be that safe to me......i am afraid to set it up

I think this was my AIS code for it , normally you get a response SMS after

, but why not just sms the service center where you can set up all you wish to setup ..depending which provider you use I can only refer to AIS

You have to prepare your SIM card for international Roaming first. Enter the following GSM Code when you are in Thailand next time:

*125*1#  Turn on International Roaming

The simplest way to keep accounts active is to have 2 accounts. You then set up 2 standing orders to flip-flop a sum of money back and forth between the 2 on maybe a monthly basis. Hands free and easy to set up.

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The simplest way to keep accounts active is to have 2 accounts. You then set up 2 standing orders to flip-flop a sum of money back and forth between the 2 on maybe a monthly basis. Hands free and easy to set up.

It is also the most safe way …., 1 account with the big part (if available …) say example the 800k in case ret ext. and the other with your week /month money ,loading it with the biggy one and keeping that card safe place , only the "light account " in pocket out day by day.

So no real big harm could happen ...

That's how I protected me ...from loosing card ….and could got swiped if loosing/stolen  card ….loosing some money but not standing on the edge of balcony ...5555

Archived