Sleep Depravation

I was told not to sleep today as I would wake up about midnight and not be tired and therefore then be knackered by the time I had to get up, so I fought the fatigue and I am now over tired and no longer feel mentally sleepy and it's 7:20PM and I don't have a swimming pool in my apt so I'm gonna do some lifting excercises and press-ups to help knacker me out a couple of hours before bedtime.

I don't find lifting weights alone does much good. What works for me is half an hour's fast walking or jogging on a treadmill several hours before bedtime, plus a couple of hour's reading until my eyes are really tired and my brain's shutting down. The catch here is you can't do it unless you enjoy reading.

Valerian doesn't seem to help much and it smells diabolical. Calcium tablets or milk is probably just as good. A big no-no is sitting in front of a PC late at night because the bright light in your face screws up your body's internal clock.

How about sticky rice? I don't know if it's an old wives tale(my mother in law says it is the reason why people from Issan are so lazy, racist cow) But after chowing down on sticky and som tam I always feel drowsy.

Exercise such as a long walk or run during the day works pretty well for me.