What Battery is this ?

NE1

I have this battery on my pick up , I want to recondition it with a Ctek charger .  

In the manual for the Ctek is states ,

" Recond program 15.8V/1.5A Use to return energy to the empty WET and Ca/Ca batteries "

Is this battery a Wet/Ca . The sticker on the battery is the only ID markings I can see.

IMG_0397.jpg

It;s the maintenance free bit and lack of info on the battery that confuses me.

I open the top of the battery access points and the is fluid covering vertical plates.

My problem is , on the Ctek battery charger is says "Recond program 15.8V/1.5A Use to return energy to the empty WET and Ca/Ca batteries".

I don't want to set this running only to find out my battery goes tits up.

I know JAS21 has a Ctek , I was sort of waiting for his input.

Thanks anyway peeps.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:49 AM, NE1 said:

It;s the maintenance free bit and lack of info on the battery that confuses me.

I open the top of the battery access points and the is fluid covering vertical plates.

My problem is , on the Ctek battery charger is says "Recond program 15.8V/1.5A Use to return energy to the empty WET and Ca/Ca batteries".

I don't want to set this running only to find out my battery goes tits up.

I know JAS21 has a Ctek , I was sort of waiting for his input.

Thanks anyway peeps.

Yes I have the 5.0. Mine is either AGM or the standard battery. The Ford battery is not an AGM and that one looks very much like mine.

The recon setting only puts a higher voltage on the battery for a period So as to ... as it says in the small manual ...stir up what is in the cell. 

If you don’t have your little manual you can just Google CTEK and your model number and it will show what happens during the charging cycle,

Do  read your car manual and see if it says what is the maximum voltage you should have on the system. 

On Mrs.J’s Civic RS I used to completely disconnect the battery (+ and-)and then charge it.

On the Everest just connect it up and push the button... That battery lasted 3 3/4 years and even then seemed to work OK but I didn’t want it failing in use so I changed it. Ford did it, exactly same battery, 2800thb.

The money pit has an AGM. In the manual it gives the maximum voltage allowable .., looking at the spec on my CTEK it appears in initial charging to give a higher voltage than that, so as yet I haven’t been brave enough to try it.

I‘be only used the recon feature once... a few weeks later had to change the battery.., Probably coincidence.

I can't say I've used the Recond program.

I just hook it up and use the normal program once every six months or so,

I'm looking at the manual now, and I don't think I'd use that setting

Last battery lasted 4 years, so that's a pretty good run for one in this country

12 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

I can't say I've used the Recond program.

I just hook it up and use the normal program once every six months or so,

I'm looking at the manual now, and I don't think I'd use that setting

Last battery lasted 4 years, so that's a pretty good run for one in this country

I use it quite often on the Ford, because the Ford system never fully charges the battery.

Archived