USA Tourist Visa for Thai Citizen on UK Settlement

She will need to apply for a visa via the Embassy in London she will require an interview, I don't know if they have interviews in Scotland.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/tourism-visitor/where-to-apply/

Given that she has settlement in the UK and, I assume, married to a British National, it should be fairly easy, certainly easier than if she was resident in Thaland.

I've done it the other way around.

My Thai wife as a US Permanent Resident got a UK visitor visa very easily.

I 'think' once western immigration see's that the Thai national is resident overseas in a western country, a lot of those negative assumptions that cloud the issue for a Thai woman living in Thailand, kinda get kicked into the long grass.

On 11/13/2019 at 4:05 AM, GinBoy2 said:

I 'think' once western immigration see's that the Thai national is resident overseas in a western country, a lot of those negative assumptions that cloud the issue for a Thai woman living in Thailand, kinda get kicked into the long grass.

GinBoy is correct - some of it will depend on length of stay in UK and travel to other countries. But the US allows UK citizens come in on visa waiver because of the assumption they will return to the UK.... and that assumption extends to long term lawful residents of the UK.

12 hours ago, La Migra said:

GinBoy is correct - some of it will depend on length of stay in UK and travel to other countries. But the US allows UK citizens come in on visa waiver because of the assumption they will return to the UK.... and that assumption extends to long term lawful residents of the UK.

For the avoidance of doubt, she will still need to apply for a visa and satisfy the Consular Officer that she is likely to return to her home in the UK.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...