Thai tourism: Joy as the Russians come back in their thousands!

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shackleton said:

When I was last in Hua  Hin  there were Russian families

staying at our hotel found them to be very sociable and friendly people

I’d agree with that. At Jomtien beach I’ve found the Russians to be well behaved and friendly, most are individual families rather than large tour groups. Have had conversations with the odd one who speaks some English, and was even given some fruit once. I’m going to have to revise my Russian for “I’m sorry, I don’t speak Russian”.

8 hours ago, SteveK said:

So they're going crazy about 4000 Russians - 0.01% of the year's visitors?

It’s not 4 thousand it’s one charter before Xmas and one charter for Songkran ... This article was expected ... Its called buying time and fingers crossed “;0)

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I think it's not about the quantity more like the quality.. and with the Russian winter starting to bite, many more will come...

But not sure the quality is here, they come in charter (Low cost tickets) probably with an all inclusive reservation (Hotel and breakfeast) and looking at the photo they don't even have the money to buy beach towels (No need to talk about paying 100 bhats for a deck chair and an umbrella) so how much bahts are they going to inject in the local economy? Not so much imo

11 minutes ago, Columbus said:

Russians: I can see around maybe 50 on that beach that have not paid $1 to sit on a sun chair. Cheap Charlies.

Confession, I’m a cheap charlie, as I never pay for a chair, maybe because paying for the privilege to sit on a. beach has never been part of Australian culture.

3 hours ago, ChipButty said:

OK, I've never seen that I was once sat in a bar in Patong were they ordered a bottle of Sangsom 1500 Baht I thought you robbing so an so

There used to be thousands of them in Karon. They would pack out the traditional massage parlours and spas , certain restaurants but very few in the bars.

Late at night you would get a few hunting for girls but often sloshed and as I said , averse to paying bar prices.

51 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

But not sure the quality is here, they come in charter (Low cost tickets) probably with an all inclusive reservation (Hotel and breakfeast) and looking at the photo they don't even have the money to buy beach towels (No need to talk about paying 100 bhats for a deck chair and an umbrella) so how much bahts are they going to inject in the local economy? Not so much imo

I knew a Muscovite in the charter travel business in Phuket. He reckoned many of his customers were Siberian , in his words , not high class.

9 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Russians & Indians.  A match made in hell. lol

......do you, even for a minute, stop and think of what you said? If you feel so superior, why did you lower yourself to their 'level' of holidays, or are you actually residing here from your normal privileges?

1 hour ago, CygnusX1 said:

Confession, I’m a cheap charlie, as I never pay for a chair, maybe because paying for the privilege to sit on a. beach has never been part of Australian culture.

If I visit the beach its normally on a Wednesday. 

No beach chairs and umbrellas. 

Nice and quiet too.

10 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

""""They will help ensure 40 million visitors a year after further positive news regarding Chinese and Indian visitors.  """""

Before last months speaking only 36 million, every month growing 1 million, funny Thai mathematics

It's the pirate software that they use. 

10 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

yeah, similar to the chinese tourist groups.  But how many Thai girls, or I guess guys really want to hook up them and move to Russia? Very small percentage compared to those that would want to go to the USA or the UK or Germany et al.

Dont see any ruskies , moving  up north to essan , for take care the lady , he met in sin city .

They have good brain , sure..

12 hours ago, webfact said:

They were all given eco-friendly krathongs to take part in the cultural extravaganza.

right after burning tons of  fossil  fuel to see them from thousands of  miles away.............honestly its  all a bloody   joke isnt it

2 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

I knew a Muscovite in the charter travel business in Phuket. He reckoned many of his customers were Siberian , in his words , not high class.

Ideal  for Thailand ..

Archived