Advice from techies regards a new Tablet.

Scouse123

Guys,

I am off to UK in a couple of weeks and decided to buy myself a new tablet. I have an i pad but it is nine years old now and sluggish.

At home in Thailand I prefer to use my desktop. I only use the tablet when traveling around SE Asia or to the UK. I do not wish to play games on it, I am not of that era.

I am just looking for recommendations from anyone who has bought one recently for a mid range or cheapish tablet.

I don't want another i pad as I can't justify the expense compared to usage. Also, I hate it when all of a sudden apps no longer work and you get the message that the app is no longer compatible with Apple products etc.

For what do you want to use it?

Which desktop operation system do you use? Apple? Windows?

And if you don't specifically want an Apple product then maybe it's better if you ask in the general IT forum.

I have an (by now) old Microsoft Surface tablet. For basic things like email and internet browsing it's perfect.

And if synchronizes a lot of things with my Windows desktop which makes it easy to use.

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

For what do you want to use it?

Which desktop operation system do you use? Apple? Windows?

And if you don't specifically want an Apple product then maybe it's better if you ask in the general IT forum.

I have an (by now) old Microsoft Surface tablet. For basic things like email and internet browsing it's perfect.

And if synchronizes a lot of things with my Windows desktop which makes it easy to use.

I use Windows and I purely wanted it to keep in touch and up to date with emails, online stuff, browsing etc and something that synchronizes.

My phone is a Samsung. I will check out the Microsoft Surface tablet.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

Luv my iPad Pro.

My wife absolutely loves the iPad Pro and she's definitely aligned to the OP's surfing habits.  I would like to proffer an opinion as to the alternatives but the non-Apple tablets that I've experienced seem to be rather lame even for the basics.

Archived