Bangkok Bank problems

Bangkok Bank online account has been playing funny buggers since yesterday, last night it kept saying too many customers were trying to access it and to try again later but it didnt change  so gave up, today it kept telling me my account information was wrong and I had used the wrong password. Finally got in to check my account then it all started saying they were too busy again, anyone else having problems with them, now I cannot access it at all

There are many actual brick and mortar branches of Bangkok Bank, maybe try and visit one to get help.

They are open Saturdays and many of them are open until 9pm if inside a mall

Believe it or not, 20 years ago there was no "online" banking, it was all done inside a bank (or ATM)

Sometimes it is best to actually go and talk to the people who work for the company/bank.

I can see 10-20 years from now people on ThaiVisa asking about how to get their sex-bot to work after it "codes" out or the remote wont work 555 . Am definitely an analog guy living in a digital world 

Currently both website and app work.

But I had problems with the website occasionally during the year.

But no such messages, just spinning wheel forever, timeout message from the browser or the like.

Sometimes it took endless to receive notification email about the login (20 min or more).

The Mrs reported problems with the Bangkok Bangkok site a month ago which lasted several hours, and that was not the first time. It usually comes right later in the day....so hopefully it's nothing urgent you need to do and with a bit of luck it will all be working again real soon.

23 hours ago, Skallywag said:

There are many actual brick and mortar branches of Bangkok Bank, maybe try and visit one to get help.

Believe it or not, 20 years ago there was no "online" banking, it was all done inside a bank (or ATM)

Sometimes it is best to actually go and talk to the people who work for the company/bank.

I can see 10-20 years from now people on ThaiVisa asking about how to get their sex-bot to work after it "codes" out or the remote wont work 555 . Am definitely an analog guy living in a digital world 

Totally agree! I try my best to encourage everyone to continue paying their water and electricity in cash at the local depots/offices. Otherwise, in future, jobs will be lost and we won't have anywhere to make cash payments and report faults. 

A known Bangkok Bank error: 

If the app was installed using Wifi,then login using mobile data is sometimes not possible, and vice versa. I reported it to Bangkok Bank but they don't seem to understand the problem. Otherwise everything is ok both with PC and phone. 

32 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If the app was installed using Wifi,then login using mobile data is sometimes not possible, and vice versa

Who told you that, it is absolute rubbish.

And vice versa from 'sometimes not possible' is 'sometimes possible' or 'always not possible' !

3 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Yes had an unusual problem 2days ago and couldn't get in first to their website and secondly after entering ID and password. Next day it worked ok. Got the impression it was overloaded.

Stopped working Thursday/Friday had to go to bank to sort out.

Bank assistant thought I had not put in correct password etc. !!

1 hour ago, samsensam said:

just looking at the quality of design and functionality between my online bank back home and here (K bank) i'd say thailand's banking industry has a long way to go. i'm reconciled to using branches and people until i see considerable online improvement.

It's not up to the banks what you can do online in Thailand. There are lot of regulations and Bank of Thailand is the boss. 

41 minutes ago, thrilled said:

Try different web browsers and maybe a different computer also. If things don’t go right do business with a different bank.

I'm using Chrome when I access Bangkok Bank online on my computer, and I have never had a problem logging in. 

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

just looking at the quality of design and functionality between my online bank back home and here (K bank) i'd say thailand's banking industry has a long way to go. i'm reconciled to using branches and people until i see considerable online improvement.

The KBank mobile app is quite impressive, in my opinion. Without question, it is better than anything I have used back in the US. Their online web-based platform needs to come up to the same standard, as it is still quite lame. Bangkok Bank is still in the dark ages compared to Kasikorn.

3 minutes ago, timendres said:

The KBank mobile app is quite impressive, in my opinion. Without question, it is better than anything I have used back in the US. Their online web-based platform needs to come up to the same standard, as it is still quite lame. Bangkok Bank is still in the dark ages compared to Kasikorn.

I agree,the K-Bank app is much better than the Bangkok Bank app. I'm using both of them, but for different payments. 

The bottom line is "online banking" with the Bangkok Bank is NOT secure! On top of that reality a bank will never admit to any wrong doing. I have written to the head office of the Bangkok Bank in Sala-dang several times without a single reply received!

To that end try contacting Any Bangkok Bank from overseas and you will find it impossible even after pressing 2 for english-it still continues in Thai!

Anyway moving on. In case you are wondering ive been with Bangkok Bank since 2007. The only TIME they phoned me was to inform me they had received my 2.4mm Thai baht transfer. Mm

17 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Totally agree! I try my best to encourage everyone to continue paying their water and electricity in cash at the local depots/offices. Otherwise, in future, jobs will be lost and we won't have anywhere to make cash payments and report faults. 

Is that your advice? Pay bills in cash instead of using online banking? 

Maybe you're against ATM-machines,too? 

3 hours ago, kevinmartyn said:

The bottom line is "online banking" with the Bangkok Bank is NOT secure! On top of that reality a bank will never admit to any wrong doing. I have written to the head office of the Bangkok Bank in Sala-dang several times without a single reply received!

To that end try contacting Any Bangkok Bank from overseas and you will find it impossible even after pressing 2 for english-it still continues in Thai!

Anyway moving on. In case you are wondering ive been with Bangkok Bank since 2007. The only TIME they phoned me was to inform me they had received my 2.4mm Thai baht transfer. Mm

"The bottom line is "online banking" with the Bangkok Bank is NOT secure!"

Why isn't online banking with Bangkok Bank secure? 

On 11/15/2019 at 3:58 PM, Skallywag said:

Ya think?!? :vampire:

Archived