U.S. softens stance on Israeli settlements, draws Palestinian outrage

webfact

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Sorry typo. West Bank/East Jarusalem.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=west+bank+and+gaza+strip

Only the Israelis and Trump claim it as Israel. To the rest og the World and UN, it's Palestinian Territories.

Look on the bright side, you post a non existent place and still have a cheerleader liking it, 

Just shows how ignorant some people are

2 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Straw man argument. I explained, typo. You claimed it was Israel. Just shows how ignorant some people are.

I did not say you, i said cheerleader and yes like it or not, Israel.

There is no Palestine, there is West Bank and Gaza. 

Palestine as such does not and did not exist, does not have and never had a capital or any form of its own currency nor a government

26 minutes ago, BestB said:

Palestine as such does not and did not exist, does not have and never had a capital or any form of its own currency nor a government

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

"The State of Palestine is recognized by 137 UN members"

The West bank has never been part of the state of Israel. Previously, Jordan.

50 minutes ago, BestB said:

Nor borders, like israel.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

So now you're saying it is non existent but situated in Israel.

It was very clear what was meant to any critical reader.

Here is the usual deluded, Israel hating nonsense. GENOCIDE and extermination.

Oddly, when non-Jewish countries are mentioned, these people do not get upset. 

Hundreds of wars have happened, millions killed, in non-Jewish countries, these are barely noticed.

No one gets upset, no one gets angry no one uses CAPITAL LETTERS or !

No one leaves comments, no one cares.

But when something happens in this little Jewish country, they go nuts.

Odd that.

2 minutes ago, toast1 said:

Here is the usual deluded, Israel hating nonsense. GENOCIDE and extermination.

Oddly, when non-Jewish countries are mentioned, these people do not get upset. 

Hundreds of wars have happened, millions killed, in non-Jewish countries, these are barely noticed.

No one gets upset, no one gets angry no one uses CAPITAL LETTERS or !

No one leaves comments, no one cares.

But when something happens in this little Jewish country, they go nuts.

Odd that.

Obviously you haven't read this thread. I posted a link where the Israeli government were condemed by the UN for acts of genocide against the Palestinian people.

I also posted a link with every UNHCR resolution against Israel. They totalled more than those to every other country in the world combined.

Sorry that the facts don't fit your Zionist agenda.

5 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

If you read the link, it's all in there. the only question not answered is the cuurency. Currently the palestinians trade in either the New Shekel or the Jordanian Dinar.

Good you quote for me as i am failing to see all the answers

Just as an example Governing body? Fatah or Hamas? and Own currency non existent?

12 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Obviously you haven't read this thread. I posted a link where the Israeli government were condemed by the UN for acts of genocide against the Palestinian people.

I also posted a link with every UNHCR resolution against Israel. They totalled more than those to every other country in the world combined.

Sorry that the facts don't fit your Zionist agenda.

Anti-Israel ‘Double Standard’ at the UN: Why No Condemnation of Other Occupations and Settlements?https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/anti-israel-double-standard-un-why-no-condemnation-other-occupations

13 minutes ago, BestB said:

Good you quote for me as i am failing to see all the answers

Just as an example Governing body? Fatah or Hamas? and Own currency non existent?

Hamas for Gaza, Fatah for West bank. Several countries don't have "own currency" Palestine trades in New Shekel and Jordanian Dinar. No big deal. Ever been to Cambodia? When I was there, I traded everything from a glass of beer to hotel accommodation in USD. Does that make Cambodia part of the US?

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

Anti-Israel ‘Double Standard’ at the UN: Why No Condemnation of Other Occupations and Settlements?https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/patrick-goodenough/anti-israel-double-standard-un-why-no-condemnation-other-occupations

Author: "Kontorovich, who is also director of the Kohelet Policy Forum, an Israeli think tank". Yea right. AKA Israeli spin doctor.

3 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Hamas for Gaza, Fatah for West bank. Several countries don't have "own currency" Palestine trades in New Shekel and Jordanian Dinar. No big deal. Ever been to Cambodia? When I was there, I traded everything from a glass of beer to hotel accommodation in USD. Does that make Cambodia part of the US?

Author: "Kontorovich, who is also director of the Kohelet Policy Forum, an Israeli think tank". Yea right. AKA Israeli spin doctor.

How does one state have 2 governing bodies?

Which several countries do not have their own currency?

And yes i have been to Cambodia and Cambodia has its own currency, but yes they also use USD, BUT they still have their own currency.

If you do not like the author, i can give you plenty more if you insist

1 minute ago, BestB said:

How does one state have 2 governing bodies?

Which several countries do not have their own currency?

And yes i have been to Cambodia and Cambodia has its own currency, but yes they also use USD, BUT they still have their own currency.

If you do not like the author, i can give you plenty more if you insist

It's obviously beyond your ken (or you just don't want to accept facts.) Official, verifiable facts:

Israel has commited acts of genocide against the Palestinian people.

Israel has been brought to task by the UNHCR more than every other country combined.

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Yes they did so much cleaning that they left over 2 million , which happens to be over 20% of total population and turned them into citizens ????

Specious argument! You deny the Nakba (the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians). Do you apply the same faulty logic to nonsense Holocaust denial too i.e Nazi genocidal monsters could not possibly have ethnically cleansed Jews from Europe because some Jews survived?

From Israel's own website http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jewish-and-non-jewish-population-of-israel-palestine-1517-present

Palestinian population fell from 1,267,000 (70% of the population) to 156,000(17%) between 1946 and 1948. Because they had been ethnically cleansed!

That core 156,000 Palestinian rose to 1,890,000 Israeli Palestinians today despite refugees not being allowed to return or even marry Israeli Palestinians...Israel in the early days called any who tried "infiltrators" in their own land!

Whereas of course through waves of discriminatory immigration any Jewish person who has never even set eyes on the place before can land at Ben Gurion airport or Haifa port and claim instant citizenship and a housing package on stolen West Bank land.

That's the injustice that Trump is encouraging  with his legitimization of illegal land theft.

9 hours ago, BestB said:

Well, that's all very odd because 4 of Israel's Prime Ministers (Allon,Rabin,Sharon,Olmert) and the current President (Rivlin) all have Palestine written on their birth certificates.

The 6 others were born in Russia, Poland, or Ukraine.

And only one, Netanyahu, was born in Israel (after of course Zionists renamed Palestine). His father was Polish and his grandmother Lithuanian.

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

So now you're saying it is non existent but situated in Israel.

It was very clear what was meant to any critical reader.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_Palestine

Palestine (Arabic: فلسطين Filasṭīn), officially the State of Palestine (Arabic: دولة فلسطين Dawlat Filasṭīn), is a de jure sovereign state[16][17] in Western Asia claiming the West Bank (bordering Israel and Jordan) and Gaza Strip (bordering Israel and Egypt)[3] with East Jerusalem as the designated capital, although its administrative center is currently located in Ramallah.[ii][4][5] The entirety of territory claimed by the State of Palestine has been occupied by Israel since the Six-Day War in 1967.[8][18] Palestine has a population of 4,816,503 as of 2016, ranked 123rd in the world.

After World War II, in 1947, the United Nations adopted a Partition Plan for Mandatory Palestine recommending the creation of independent Arab and Jewish states and an internationalized Jerusalem.[19] After the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz Israel, to be known as the State of Israel on 14 May 1948,[20][21][22] neighboring Arab armies invaded the former British mandate on the next day and fought the Israeli forces.[23][24] Later, the All-Palestine Government was established by the Arab League on 22 September 1948 to govern the Egyptian-controlled enclave in Gaza. It was soon recognized by all Arab League members except Transjordan. Though jurisdiction of the Government was declared to cover the whole of the former Mandatory Palestine, its effective jurisdiction was limited to the Gaza Strip.[25] Israel later captured the Gaza Strip and the Sinai Peninsula from Egypt, the West Bank (including East Jerusalem) from Jordan, and the Golan Heights from Syria in June 1967 following the Six-Day War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Palestine

The history of Palestine is the study of the past in the region of Palestine, generally defined as a geographic region in the Southern Levant between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River (where Israel and Palestine are today), and various adjoining lands. Situated at a strategic point between Europe, Asia, and Africa, and the birthplace of Judaism and Christianity,[1] the region has a long and tumultuous history as a crossroads for religion, culture, commerce, and politics. In ancient times, Palestine was intermittently controlled by several independent kingdoms and numerous great powers, including Ancient Egypt, Persia, Alexander the Great and his successors, the Roman Empire, several Muslim dynasties, and the Crusaders. In modern times, the area was ruled by the Ottoman Empire, then the United Kingdom. Since 1948, Palestine has been divided into Israel, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. Other terms for approximately the same geographic area include Canaan, Zion, the Land of Israel, Southern Syria, Outremer and the Holy Land.

8 hours ago, BestB said:

Ok, let’s play this game. Borders, capital, currency and government body please?

Well since you mention borders what are israels. If they dont have them they cant be a country according to you.

1 hour ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's obviously beyond your ken (or you just don't want to accept facts.) Official, verifiable facts:

Israel has commited acts of genocide against the Palestinian people.

Israel has been brought to task by the UNHCR more than every other country combined.

Your response  has nothing to do with my post. Please try again

no israel has not committed acts of genocide just like your father was not a victim of Israeli terror, your father was the cause of it and as link provided states, all so called terrorists learned all they knew from the brits 

55 minutes ago, dexterm said:

Well, that's all very odd because 4 of Israel's Prime Ministers (Allon,Rabin,Sharon,Olmert) and the current President (Rivlin) all have Palestine written on their birth certificates.

The 6 others were born in Russia, Poland, or Ukraine.

And only one, Netanyahu, was born in Israel (after of course Zionists renamed Palestine). His father was Polish and his grandmother Lithuanian.

And how do you know what they have written in their birth certificates? Entertain me 

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

Your response  has nothing to do with my post. Please try again

no israel has not committed acts of genocide just like your father was not a victim of Israeli terror, your father was the cause of it and as link provided states, all so called terrorists learned all they knew from the brits 

Your post had nothing to do with this thread. Do try to stay on topic.

I have already posted proof of Israeli genocide against the Palestinan people my post #27 with links.

"In 1983, a commission chaired by Seán MacBride, the assistant to the UN Secretary General and President of United Nations General Assembly at the time, concluded that Israel, as the camp's occupying power, bore responsibility for the violence.[21] The commission also concluded that the massacre was a form of genocide.["

My father was part of a peackeeping force, attempting to quell violence from both Israelis and Palestinians, his seargent was murdered by Begin as head of the terrorist organisation Irgun. Also backed up with links in post #27.

How you can derive that my father's seargent wasn't a victim of Israeli terror is, quite frankly, sick and proof positive that you won't accept any facts, no matter how well documented, which don't fit your nonsensical agenda.

27 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Your post had nothing to do with this thread. Do try to stay on topic.

I have already posted proof of Israeli genocide against the Palestinan people my post #27 with links.

"In 1983, a commission chaired by Seán MacBride, the assistant to the UN Secretary General and President of United Nations General Assembly at the time, concluded that Israel, as the camp's occupying power, bore responsibility for the violence.[21] The commission also concluded that the massacre was a form of genocide.["

My father was part of a peackeeping force, attempting to quell violence from both Israelis and Palestinians, his seargent was murdered by Begin as head of the terrorist organisation Irgun. Also backed up with links in post #27.

How you can derive that my father's seargent wasn't a victim of Israeli terror is, quite frankly, sick and proof positive that you won't accept any facts, no matter how well documented, which don't fit your nonsensical agenda.

Again, your father was serving the very same army who has committed atrocities all over the world including middle east which i clearly shown you, just as i clearly showed you with evidence all they learned was from the very same army your father served.

You can deflect all you want, but that will not change the actual facts.

Now you claiming to have proven Israel committed genocide and i showed you links how useless and untruthful and often biased UN findings are

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Again, your father was serving the very same army who has committed atrocities all over the world including middle east which i clearly shown you, just as i clearly showed you with evidence all they learned was from the very same army your father served.

You can deflect all you want, but that will not change the actual facts.

Now you claiming to have proven Israel committed genocide and i showed you links how useless and untruthful and often biased UN findings are

What utter and complete nonsense. I explained that he wasn't even British and mostly nort even born when most of the incidents you quoted occurred.  You'll be wanting to start a war with Egypt next for enslaving the Jews. I suppose that my father fought the Nazis counts for nothing in your sick and twisted world.

Thought that you might deny the proven fact of Israel's act of genocide. What planet do you live on?

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

What utter and complete nonsense. I explained that he wasn't even British and mostly nort even born when most of the incidents you quoted occurred.  You'll be wanting to start a war with Egypt next for enslaving the Jews. I suppose that my father fought the Nazis counts for nothing in your sick and twisted world.

Thought that you might deny the proven fact of Israel's act of genocide. What planet do you live on?

What difference does it make when he served, He served the very same crown, the very same British army who did.

Ok, so you back with the nonsense of genocide. here is an interesting read for you

Issues relating to the state of Israel, Palestinians and other aspects of the Arab–Israeli conflict occupy a large amount of debate time, resolutions and resources at the United Nations. The former Secretary of State of the United States, John Kerry, has accused the U.N. Human Rights Council of focusing disproportionately on allegations of abuses by Israel,[37] and Ban Ki-moon, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, admitted that there is a biased attitude against Israel at the UN,[38] although he retracted later.[39] Other critics such as Dore Gold, Alan Dershowitz, Mark Dreyfus, Robert S. Wistrich, Alan Keyes, and the Anti-Defamation League also consider UN attention on Israel's treatment of Palestinians to be excessive.[40][41][42][43][44][45] According to Wistrich, "a third of all critical resolutions passed by [the UN] Human Rights Commission during the past forty years have been directed exclusively at Israel. By way of comparison, there has not been a single resolution even mentioning the massive violations of human rights in China, Russia, North Korea, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Syria, or Zimbabwe."[46]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_United_Nations

The major problem #ith <endman’s prose is that the Russell Tribunal did not find Israel guilty of the crime of genocide, neither did the Tribunal find that 1srael’s forces committed anygenocidal crimes. /hile 1sraeli actions #ere e=amined to determine if 1srael had committedgenocide based on both the legal definition and a “broader understandings of genocide beyondthat defined for the purposes of individual criminal responsibility@,” no act of genocide #asfound. /hat the Russell Tribunal did find #as that it could be construed that there #asincitement for genocide made by a fe# public and political figures #ithin 1srael, and that 1sraelfailed to follo# the proscription of the Genocide onvention in that “individuals #ho attempt or#ho incite to genocide Ashall be punished, #hether they are constitutionally responsible rulers,https://www.academia.edu/19857077/Israel_Committed_Genocide_Really_Chapter_One

2 hours ago, dexterm said:

Specious argument! You deny the Nakba (the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians). Do you apply the same faulty logic to nonsense Holocaust denial too i.e Nazi genocidal monsters could not possibly have ethnically cleansed Jews from Europe because some Jews survived?

From Israel's own website http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jewish-and-non-jewish-population-of-israel-palestine-1517-present

Palestinian population fell from 1,267,000 (70% of the population) to 156,000(17%) between 1946 and 1948. Because they had been ethnically cleansed!

That core 156,000 Palestinian rose to 1,890,000 Israeli Palestinians today despite refugees not being allowed to return or even marry Israeli Palestinians...Israel in the early days called any who tried "infiltrators" in their own land!

Whereas of course through waves of discriminatory immigration any Jewish person who has never even set eyes on the place before can land at Ben Gurion airport or Haifa port and claim instant citizenship and a housing package on stolen West Bank land.

That's the injustice that Trump is encouraging  with his legitimization of illegal land theft.

I read your same nonsense which you copy and paste each and every time. yet each and every time you conveniently leave out facts or deflect from facts.

Facts are there are over 2 million arabs with Israeli citizenship happily living in Israel

There is an Arab party in Israeli government

It is illegal to discriminate or even to speak bad or make any racial comments in public.

On the other hand, some facts are, Palestinians living in refuge camps in Jordan for 70 years still as refuges with no rights to work or prospect of citizenship even for those born in Jordan, second or third generation. No right of voice and do not forget the slaughter of Black September.

Same applies to Palestinians living in Egypt or any other neighboring country.

But of course letting facts get in a way of good repetitive nonsense is a new fashion

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

What difference does it make when he served, He served the very same crown, the very same British army who did.

Ok, so you back with the nonsense of genocide. here is an interesting read for you

Issues relating to the state of Israel, Palestinians and other aspects of the Arab–Israeli conflict occupy a large amount of debate time, resolutions and resources at the United Nations. The former Secretary of State of the United States, John Kerry, has accused the U.N. Human Rights Council of focusing disproportionately on allegations of abuses by Israel,[37] and Ban Ki-moon, the Secretary-General of the United Nations, admitted that there is a biased attitude against Israel at the UN,[38] although he retracted later.[39] Other critics such as Dore Gold, Alan Dershowitz, Mark Dreyfus, Robert S. Wistrich, Alan Keyes, and the Anti-Defamation League also consider UN attention on Israel's treatment of Palestinians to be excessive.[40][41][42][43][44][45] According to Wistrich, "a third of all critical resolutions passed by [the UN] Human Rights Commission during the past forty years have been directed exclusively at Israel. By way of comparison, there has not been a single resolution even mentioning the massive violations of human rights in China, Russia, North Korea, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Syria, or Zimbabwe."[46]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_United_Nations

The major problem #ith <endman’s prose is that the Russell Tribunal did not find Israel guilty of the crime of genocide, neither did the Tribunal find that 1srael’s forces committed anygenocidal crimes. /hile 1sraeli actions #ere e=amined to determine if 1srael had committedgenocide based on both the legal definition and a “broader understandings of genocide beyondthat defined for the purposes of individual criminal responsibility@,” no act of genocide #asfound. /hat the Russell Tribunal did find #as that it could be construed that there #asincitement for genocide made by a fe# public and political figures #ithin 1srael, and that 1sraelfailed to follo# the proscription of the Genocide onvention in that “individuals #ho attempt or#ho incite to genocide Ashall be punished, #hether they are constitutionally responsible rulers,https://www.academia.edu/19857077/Israel_Committed_Genocide_Really_Chapter_One

Unfortunately none of your deflection relates in any way to massacres that took place in the Sabra and Chatila  refugee camps and investigated by Sean MacBride the assistant to the UN Secretary General and President of United Nations General Assembly at the time, and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Just now, DannyCarlton said:

Unfortunately none of your deflection relates in any way to massacres that took place in the Sabra and Chatila  refugee camps and investigated by Sean MacBride the assistant to the UN Secretary General and President of United Nations General Assembly at the time, and winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

See, this is why its wise to read your own links before making statements

The Sabra and Shatila massacre (also known as the Sabra and Chatila massacre)[4][5] was the killing of between 460 and 3,500 civilians, mostly Palestinians and Lebanese Shiites, by a militia close to the Kataeb Party, also called Phalange, a predominantly Christian Lebanese right-wing party in the Sabra neighborhood and the adjacent Shatila refugee camp in BeirutLebanon

Archived