U.S. softens stance on Israeli settlements, draws Palestinian outrage

webfact

5 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

And Israel is not ? what do you call locking people up without their consent ? Denying them adequate food, water, power ?

Israel is a sovereign state because they stole the land.

This makes them thieves where I come from.

Here is a quote from the Balfour declaration - see how much Israel abides by this ...

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

It's also worth remembering that Zionist groups such as Irgun and the Stern Gang were recognised as terrorists by Western powers. One member of Irgun, Menachem Begin, who went on to be an israeli prime minister and is considered a hero by Isralis, in 1947, hung my father's seargent in an act that today would be considered a terrorist war crime. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sergeants_affair.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I got my facts from my father who was part of the British peacekeeping force in Palestine in 47-48.

It left him with a lifelong hatred of Israel and all that it stood for.

In that case all must be true ????

37 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

And Israel is not ? what do you call locking people up without their consent ? Denying them adequate food, water, power ?

Israel is a sovereign state because they stole the land.

This makes them thieves where I come from.

Here is a quote from the Balfour declaration - see how much Israel abides by this ...

His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

Tell me how israel is denying them water or food or power?

42 minutes ago, BestB said:

Tell me how israel is denying them water or food or power?

Read the news - been repeated over the years numerous times.

Blockade Palestine, the Gaza Strip ...

Chop off the power at a whim.

Deny entrance of medical supplies.

All in the name of 'Self Protection' - What a Joke !

Altho' Palestinians do not find it so funny - or any citizen from any country who cares about human rights, the rule of law, or basic human kindness

2 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Altho' Palestinians do not find it so funny - or any citizen from any country who cares about human rights, the rule of law, or basic human kindness

Maybe if they stopped trying to get in and brutally murder/blow up innocent people? 

I really get tired of hearing this "give the land back to..." trope. It's BS.  EVERYONE lives on land that used to belong to someone else at some time in history.  There is no pure and unbroken string of ownership anywhere in the world.  Fact is that Israel owns the West Bank through right of conquest. It's theirs.  The surrounding Arab countries have had decades to carve out a Palestinian state within their borders and have refused to do so. Wonder why...

2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

So again, tell me how israel denies water.food and power?

'incredibly rich and powerful Lobby'

The idea that a secret, malicious, sinister hand of the JEW controlling our foreign policy with money and power to do their evil bidding is popular on the left, far Right and among various extreme Jew hating groups. 

Hitler's believed the secret, sinister, powerful Jew was controlling Germany.

This is now called an 'incredibly rich and powerful Lobby' but it is the basic antiemetic theory, of the secretly powerful Jew controlling us, controlling our government and foreign policy.

0.2% of the population, in a sinister Jew plan to control us for their evil Zionist plan.

Hitler declared that it was the Jews who lost Germany the war and harmed Germany's economy, the 'incredibly rich and powerful lobby'. As do many extreme Islamists, Marxists and Fascists.

Basic Jew conspiracy garbage, plain and simple. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States on Monday effectively backed Israel's right to build Jewish settlements on the occupied West Bank by abandoning its four-decade-old position that they were "inconsistent with international law."

the trump further weakening the United Nations Organization, which holds a contrary opinion, in an effort to curry favor with someone.

the United Nations... despoiled by the Divided President. And why not? The United Nations acts for all nations, not just the Divided States, so what good is an agency that isn’t all about MAGA, to the trump.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

I really get tired of hearing this "give the land back to..." trope. It's BS.  EVERYONE lives on land that used to belong to someone else at some time in history.  There is no pure and unbroken string of ownership anywhere in the world.  Fact is that Israel owns the West Bank through right of conquest. It's theirs.  The surrounding Arab countries have had decades to carve out a Palestinian state within their borders and have refused to do so. Wonder why...

Yes ...but... always with the buts.

In joining the United Nations, individual nations agreed to abide by a set of rules. These rules have been clarified on this matter in Palestine’s favor, so according to established / accepted international law, isreal does not have the right of conquest to Palestinian territory.

agreeing to stuff then changing your mind to suit yourself is so very donald.

5 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Yes ...but... always with the buts.

In joining the United Nations, individual nations agreed to abide by a set of rules. These rules have been clarified on this matter in Palestine’s favor, so according to established / accepted international law, isreal does not have the right of conquest to Palestinian territory.

agreeing to stuff then changing your mind to suit yourself is so very donald.

Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Nations_resolutions_concerning_Israel

"As of 2013, Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by the United Nations Human Rights Council. Since the creation of the Council in 2006, it has resolved almost more resolutions condemning Israel than on the rest of the world combined."

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

The fact is that israel has borders. Like any country has borders. So stay within your agreed borders.

If israel was made to do than then maybe they would make an actual genuine attempt at peace. Until then, they will not.

46 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Extremely distasteful and disrespectful, especially as you failed to address anything he posted.

Was not born then, was not eye witness nor was his for me to address anything he posted, but you welcome to feel whatever you like

3 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Innocent - don't make me laugh ! Tit for Tat

Ill remember those quotes next time you're mocking a right-winger for not wanting to give up their rifles or arguing for free speech. 

And its really weird that you're such an open supporter of terrorism, anti semitism, and the brutal murder of innocent men, women, and children to get your way. 

Bombing people who are clearly enemy combatants is not terrorism in my view, but bombing innocent people just because they are Israeli jews is terrorism, hatred, and much more - and you support it. 

59 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Israel has broken more UN resolutions than any other country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_Nations_resolutions_concerning_Israel

"As of 2013, Israel had been condemned in 45 resolutions by the United Nations Human Rights Council. Since the creation of the Council in 2006, it has resolved almost more resolutions condemning Israel than on the rest of the world combined."

Which should inform you as to what a crock of sh*t the "UN" is. There are some truly diabolical nations on this planet yet Israel gets the UN's little panties in a twist. 

56 minutes ago, Sujo said:

The fact is that israel has borders. Like any country has borders. So stay within your agreed borders.

If israel was made to do than then maybe they would make an actual genuine attempt at peace. Until then, they will not.

This statement was spoken by a person who completely ignores 'Palestine's' history, aggression, and land-grabs and blames Israel for all the problems. 

Its quite indicative of the liberal mindset though. Just keep on saying the same thing over and over again even though its not true or accurate because feelings.

9 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Whatever is said over this simply makes the  long awaited "peace plan" redundant before it is  even sighted.

But there has not been any plan for years and Abbas already rejected any plan US may have before even hearing it, from memory this  was when US cut off the aid as well

16 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

This statement was spoken by a person who completely ignores 'Palestine's' history, aggression, and land-grabs and blames Israel for all the problems. 

Its quite indicative of the liberal mindset though. Just keep on saying the same thing over and over again even though its not true or accurate because feelings.

What part of it is innacurate.

Israel has borders like any country. It is against international law to claim land taken in war.

I dont blame israel for all. But with illegal land grabs what do you expect to happen. Land grabs is provocation and aggression.

Do you think it helps bring peace or ecacerbates the problem.

Archived