Pattaya Songran Dates

soontheplayoffs

Songkran festivities will be held over the period of April 11 to 19 at Bali Hai Pier. April 13 to 15 will be National offcial Songkran holidays and Wanlai (the water “pouring” event) will be held in Naklua, and Pattaya city on April 18 and 19 consecutively.

From the Pattaya Mail.

Pattaya's Songkran Festival (18-19 Apr 2007)

The traditional Thai New Year or Songkran day which is locally called Wan Lai, is annually celebrated on 19 and 20 April, though elsewhere in the country the festival falls on 13 April. The activities in the festival include throwing water at each other for enjoyment, beauty contests, colourful processions, folk plays, and paying respect to the seniors of the family by pouring water on their hands.

From Thaiways magazine.

Songkran festivities will be held over the period of April 11 to 19 at Bali Hai Pier. April 13 to 15 will be National offcial Songkran holidays and Wanlai (the water “pouring” event) will be held in Naklua, and Pattaya city on April 18 and 19 consecutively.

From the Pattaya Mail.

Thanks for supplying the exact dates. I shall avoid the water "pouring" and flour throwing event this year and delay my return until the week after.

Probably from around April 9th through to April 23rd

Two weeks of sheer he.....(avan??) :D

Sheer FUN !!!!

Well, not as much FUN as it was going to be, ever since I found out a certain MOD was skipping town and totally ruining my plans to hunt him down like a dog in the streets, just so I could gently sprinkle some water on his hands (as a sign of respect to one's elders).

I think he somehow suspected that the "gentle sprinkling" actually meant a very large bucket full of icy cold goodness, and it was probably going to be poured over his head, not his hands. :o

Not that I'd do something like that to a MOD or anything :D

Guess I'll just have to settle for going out with my Thai friends and doing the same thing to everyone else in the city !! :D :D

Edited by Kerryd

Pattaya's Songkran Festival (18-19 Apr 2007)

The traditional Thai New Year or Songkran day which is locally called Wan Lai, is annually celebrated on 19 and 20 April, though elsewhere in the country the festival falls on 13 April. The activities in the festival include throwing water at each other for enjoyment, beauty contests, colourful processions, folk plays, and paying respect to the seniors of the family by pouring water on their hands.

From Thaiways magazine.

Everyone in Pattaya seems to pay me enormous respect as I walk down Beach Road from Amari to Walking Street.

Unfortumately this year I will be stuck in Saudi, where the only water comes from broken pipes.

Thank God I am going to miss it..............just !

Thank Buddha I'll be arriving...........just in time !!! :D

Although last year I spent a heap of money arming all the kids in my neighbourhood with various sized squirters. Naturally, I was also the favourite target of the little buggers. :D

I think this year I will have my revenge on them though ! I'll buy them each a wee little derringer-sized squirter, and a massive Super-Soaker for me ! :o

For those of you who may be scared of a little water it will probably be safe enough to stick your nose outside on Sunday 22nd.

:o

Do you reckon we should try to organise an informal pissup at some water friendly establishment sometime that weekend?

For those of you who may be scared of a little water it will probably be safe enough to stick your nose outside on Sunday 22nd.

:D

Do you reckon we should try to organise an informal pissup at some water friendly establishment sometime that weekend?

I guess that means you'll be back from slumming it in Phuket by then ? :D

I'm still not sure if I'll be there or not. Spoke to the boss this afternoon, but couldn't get a firm answer.

Hmmm, water-friendly establishments ? What about X-Zone ? I've heard there's some splashing going on there (or the Highway Star 2, just above the Marilyn complex). :o