US health Insurance

bttao

I have my retirement insurance with BCBS which also handle the Medicare part.

So my Health Insurance takes care of health issues in any country abroad through a CORE, set up by and for all the BCBS in the US :

BCBS GLOBAL CORE SERVICE CENTER, which handles all the billings for Services rendered  overseas on par to services rendered in the US.

My question is; had anyone heard of this or used it , and how  to find out if it is accepted by the new health set up in Thailand, as a valid Health Insurance?

My BCBS will increase the maximum pay out from $1,000,000 this year to $2,500,000 starting  1/1/2020 per subscriber... ( I imagine all the BCBS in  the US will do the same  for this category of subscribers.)

image.png.32038a75f2ab24b09ed6e50499a96062.png

Medicare is completely useless outside of the US.

You need to make sure that BCBS will honor foreign medical, under a Medicare supplemental policy. I know the BCBS policy that my company offered, after being Medicare eligible, didn't.

BCBS has many different policies (believe each state is different as well as others).  I have BCBS but it is the FEP version which is fully valid world wide but do not know what your version covers. 

But as for the new Thailand insurance requirement do not believe any foreign insurance has been accepted and from the current application for such do not believe any will be if it is required and not changed.  They seem to require 2 directors of insurance to sign that they meet unspecified requirements of Thailand currently..  

As it says : it covers all foreign countries as it says in the flyer above) whether it's traveling or expat!!! you can call the  800 number listed... further more here is a ToolFRee

My BCBS shield covers the Medicare part ( many Health Insurance can apply to cover the Medicare  part, and if approved they get paid by Medicare as long as they cover/supply the same care or bett er than Medicare,  and get around 7K-9k  per head a year from Medicare)

MPC-BCBS-Global-Core-Brochure.pdf

Archived