African Union urges Britain to cede Chagos Islands, end 'colonial' rule

rooster59

What about the Greeks, Romans, French, Germans, Japan, Asian tribes, African tribes...will the USA have to give some land back to England?  I think this is how the Chinese got the South China Sea ???? it’s been happening since man’s brain started getting bigger ????

11 minutes ago, Redline said:

What about the Greeks, Romans, French, Germans, Japan, Asian tribes, African tribes...will the USA have to give some land back to England?  I think this is how the Chinese got the South China Sea ???? it’s been happening since man’s brain started getting bigger ????

Yes, that is true.

And now that we are (allegedly) a little bit more civilised, it should end.

13 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

The islands in question are no where near Africa or Mauritius. They are in the middle of the Indian ocean half way between India and Mauritius. I don't see the UK giving them up, but if the predicted sealevel rise is at all real, they'll disappear along with Mauritius and many other pea-size nations in the middle of the world's oceans.

It looks closer to Africa and Mauritius than to the UK

Screenshot_20191124_063924.jpg

Screenshot_20191124_063730_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

On 11/24/2019 at 2:15 AM, oldhippy said:

Yes, that is true.

And now that we are (allegedly) a little bit more civilised, it should end.

Unfortunately, it seems we are no more civilized, and humans are badly flawed.  It has always been this way, and unfortunately, always will be.  This is the whole idea behind a rules based world order, which now seems to be history as well.  Everyone is out for themselves.

We can work on this for the future, but the lines of the past have been drawn-the borders of countries have been drawn-or we could do that again as well?  The powerful make the rules-power means death, destruction and fear, or simply buying people out, as the Chinese are doing now.  This is human kind ????

On 11/24/2019 at 2:00 AM, Redline said:

what? the robbing, raping, pillaging and slave trading? It's been happening since greed became fashionable..  

On 11/23/2019 at 1:14 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

While Mauritius is the last government I'd give them back to, it's time for the British government to apologise to the ousted inhabitants and make amends by allowing them to return home. Britain has behaved extremely badly in this and shame on all British governments that have behaved so disgustingly.

What will become of those inhabitants when they flog it to the chinese?

On 11/23/2019 at 6:03 AM, Bluespunk said:

The “do as we say, not as we do” mindset, and arrogant disregard for other countries rights, of former colonial powers is hard to shake off it seems. 

The former colonial countries have no problems showing disregard for their own citizens.

3 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

The former colonial countries have no problems showing disregard for their own citizens.

That has nothing to do with the issue the OP is dealing with.

Or my post for that matter.

Or even what you wrote when you quoted me.

A perfect trifecta of non relevance, congratulations...

Archived