POTY 2019 Nominations

geronimo

6 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

This kind of commentary shouldn't be allowed in something as serious as Thaivisa's POTY race, there are many members reading who will take your facetious remarks seriously.

They haven't heard about the ceremony of joining the "Todgers" yet.... ????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rumak said:

I must confess that from an early age I have hated elections .  In junior high i was voted best athlete and came in second for best looking and most popular.  I did not apply for any of those accolades.   before one gets to puking as I often do when some egos on TV start flapping their wings let me say that I certainly did not fulfill any most likely to succeed expectations.  In that respect I think i fit well into the thaivisa community .  I do however still  find that i hate elections as I have always hated everyone that was ever offered up to vote for.  Being from the US made it very easy to feel that way.   I still can't believe that after another 50 years has passed by that people actually think the choice they make is any different than the other hordes of self promoting "civil servants" filling the airwaves with pure BS.   It is all a power game,  and my dear friend George Carlin sums it up very well for anyone wishing to check out his take on our humble position in the country club.

I know this is not the place to ruin the festive mood of our nominees so I apologize.  This is the kind of <deleted> that comes out of Rumak sometimes when he is not being one line funny.

I find many posters here that have insightful or funny comments from time to time.  One or two I cannot stand ( yes, only 1 or 2).   

So in answer to your question (if you are still reading  haha)   Khun Geronimo......  thank you    for being respectful and I do respect your managing this egofest in such a professional manner, and if at the end there is a tie with you being one of the contestants than maybe i will cast the deciding vote.  

George Carlin was great! He told it like it is, but the sheep are too far gone to pay much attention!

29 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

This kind of commentary shouldn't be allowed in something as serious as Thaivisa's POTY race, there are many members reading who will take your facetious remarks seriously.

Does that mean you are putting your name forward for POTY.  If so I am sure you are bound to find a willing person to nominate you.  Just don't expect it to be me!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, transam said:

They haven't heard about the ceremony of joining the "Todgers" yet.... ????

Please leave my "Todger" out of this (Bishop and actress comment comes to mind).  See previous posts re tights and kilts!

Edited by scottiejohn

3 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Does that mean you are putting your name forward for POTY.  If so I am sure you are bound to find a willing person to nominate you.  Just don't expect it to be me!

He's already in the list of runners Sir, as are you!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Whom?

you, me and all the other candidates. The public has a right to know what goes on behind the scenes and I have been tasked with collating all news regarding any of the contestants for this year's POTY.

• Thanks 1

Just now, geronimo said:

I have a feeling that NCC1701A and Ivorbigun will be having their own sideline measuring contest ..........

It would seem NCC takes the theme of his namesake too literally and tries to "Boldly go where no man has gone before" which leads to issues with some Ladies, and the warp-speed used when he's done !

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Self-nomination is not allowed but my name is already there, nothing to do with me.  Rest assured I wouldn't expect, or want, any support from you.

8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Self-nomination is not allowed but my name is already there, nothing to do with me.  Rest assured I wouldn't expect, or want, any support from you.

Yes! A good old Thaivisa punchup. It's what POTY is all about!????

Edited by baboon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, scottiejohn said:

It should be OK as in all modesty I expect to be ahead by then.

Please see my "Mia Culpa".

Yes, as I've witnessed so many POTY, I can tell you that the key is to get out of the blocks sharpish, although one needs to pace oneself, as it is a bloody long haul, and going too far ahead has always ended in failure. The only member to lead the entire race from start to finish was Colin and that was due to the P7 Pirellis on his wheelchair!