Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

POTY 2019 Nominations

geronimo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

From Brittany eh , love the place went about 10 years running from Plymouth - Roscoff.

Will give you a vote ( me me don't forget me ). Bon Chance.

When I was a trucker , I went many times to Great Britain with my semi trailor .

Sometimes I took the ferry at Roscoff for Plymouth but I never took it ( the ferry ) at Plymouth to Roscoff ;

I usually came back from the ferry Southampton - Saint Malo or Poole to Cherbourg ; 

Thank you for " bon chance " :jap: who writes " bonne chance " 

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Then you lack imagination, sir, and I don't like that.

----

All INN for YINN (or get deported)

I think the mods should introduce a maximum number of posts per day as all you're doing here is racking up your count with jibberish.

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I fail to see how a like is not an indication of popularity!

Note the same old well worn repeated comments/cliches often receive a fare quota of likes - makes the poster repetitive, playing to the crowd, unimaginative, often incorrect, hardly popular, the likes are agreement for what is actually a borrowed over used comment, who ever posts it!!

4 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

I think the mods should introduce a maximum number of posts per day as all you're doing here is racking up your count with jibberish.

Ah yes but if he is not pulling in the likes apparently his popularity is in danger, though I feel you are already outside the circle!!

2 minutes ago, 473geo said:

Ah yes but if he is not pulling in the likes apparently his popularity is in danger, though I feel you are already outside the circle!!

Oh i'm well outside the circle.

JT gets likes? wow!

35 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I nominate the following three members, all of whom have incredibly high post to like ratios, all above 7 likes per post or higher, proof that they are consistently good posters.

Thaiwrath

Z42

Samui Bodoh

i agree regarding Samui Bodoh, he's always spot on about the stupidities of Brexit and Donald Trump respectively.

i would like to nominate SoalBundy too because he knows the meaning of life. I do have concerns he might  be related to Ted though. 

1 minute ago, Liverpudlian said:

Appears to me that boredom is running at an all time high here ..may i suggest a new generation of games to fiddle with ?  

Trouble is, we're all old and set in our ways and the POTY is like Xmas, it comes once a year!

43 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I actually think it's meaningless because the reasons for that can vary quite a lot. Not commenting on those names though. 

---

All INN for YINN (or get deported)

So 7 likes to one quote is a must? Congrats on your post count then. 

P.S. How much did Yinn offer you, or what did she offer you?

Does Yinn have a beauty salon where you could the right size of your aeeh nose? And perhaps a longer chin? 

15 minutes ago, geronimo said:

As an observation, there has never been so many endorsements for one member at such an early stage.

There might be some records broken this year,, and I shall try to win without resorting to underhand methods.

I think there'll be some very underhand messages this year.

I hear one contender has already engaged Cambridge Analytica. Expect this coming to your facebook soon....

3hdojk.jpg.69ea330254b516a1d3d087f7205ac5b0.jpg

7 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

So 7 likes to one quote is a must? Congrats on your post count then. 

P.S. How much did Yinn offer you, or what did she offer you?

Does Yinn have a beauty salon where you could the right size of your aeeh nose? And perhaps a longer chin? 

Vicious. Game on!

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

I nominate 473geo and chickenlegs.

I'd like to help the winner of the POTY 2019 with a little help that she'll be able to deal with some of the Native speaking folks who use their, when they should use there.

Yinn, here's your free "Grammarly checker" that you're able to compete with those who're using an extraordinary vocabulary.

https://www.grammarly.com/

If you'd like to have the Premium version, please send me a little message and I'll give you a username and password for free.

P.S. No criticism of your English intended. It will also work on any MS Office apps. 

5 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'd like to help the winner of the POTY 2019 with a little help that she'll be able to deal with some of the Native speaking folks who use their, when they should use there.

Yinn, here's your free "Grammarly checker" that you're able to compete with those who're using an extraordinary vocabulary.

https://www.grammarly.com/

If you'd like to have the Premium version, please send me a little message and I'll give you a username and password for free.

P.S. No criticism of your English intended. It will also work on any MS Office apps. 

Rather premature to assume Yinn will win this epic battle of Titanic proportions, and her lack of language skills could prove to be costly.

Campaigning is ratcheting up across the country now, and the billboard makers are inundated with VOTE FOR XXX Placards.

Pretties handing out baby sheep and owls, then there's the raging far left contenders who have their own unique ways to reach the voter.

Thank you for the nomination

I will give my manifesto some thought after i return from an unforeseen and unfortunate extended holiday in Pattaya

"A Russian has been arrested after allegedly exposing himself and harassing tourists in Pattaya and Koh Larn."

26 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Rather premature to assume Yinn will win this epic battle of Titanic proportions, and her lack of language skills could prove to be costly.

Please don't be so serious, life's serious enough already.

Yinn is using this forum to upgrade her English as well and this program is of great help.

41 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I think there'll be some very underhand messages this year.

I hear one contender has already engaged Cambridge Analytica. Expect this coming to your facebook soon....

3hdojk.jpg.69ea330254b516a1d3d087f7205ac5b0.jpg

Yinnluck for president! 

1 hour ago, darksidedog said:

I nominate the following three members, all of whom have incredibly high post to like ratios, all above 7 likes per post or higher, proof that they are consistently good posters.

Thaiwrath

Z42

Samui Bodoh

Thanks for the nomination; it was kind of you to do. However, POTY is not my thing.

@geronimo: Please remove my name from the list.

TIA & Cheers All

SB

Updated contestant list ....

Poohy

Geronimo

Owl sees all

NCC1701A

Bluesofa

Billd

Worgordie

Justgrazing

Justweird