POTY 2019 Nominations

geronimo

The panel of experts are all agreement,

Yinn's charge has come far too early ......... Bottyslapper (3 times POTY) guffawed when he saw those early nominations and he fears the newcomer won't make the halfway point.

Degenerate55 recalled with some trauma how he shot off at the start, only to be knobbled, thrown in a van, tied up and blindfolded, and was left somewhere on Doi Inthanon wearing only a pair of tartan socks.

Sexwithoutcondoms could never forget how he had to barracade himself into his quarters while surrounded by an angry HIV protest, and that only happened because he chose to make a break from the starting gun.

Statistics:

There's only been one runner who led from start to finish (the current holder) and he managed it thanks to four wheels and alloy rims.

The chairman of the POTY committee was asked what he thought of Yinn's surge, he tutted, looked at his designer watch and said he had somewhere to be.

The old brigade know all about premature surges, and any runner who wants a serious chance should stay on the leader's shoulder for the first lap at least.

Avoiding the pack works very well, as they hack and tear at each other, there are always fallers, and why try to mess with other runners if someone else can do it for you!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Campaign news just in ........

Poohy is concerned with the duration of the race and the fact that there are no restrooms along the way ....

NCC1701A has yet to devise a plan, he's more interested in the pretties he fondled at the weigh-in ..... Expect a surge as he always is a fast starter but lacks stamina .....

Bluesofa wants to know how many seats he'll get, and if sharp wit counts, he'll be in the frame!

Billd has been seen with Baboon in Lopburi, so expect an alliance to form, and Justgrazing is nowhere to be found; last seen heading off to the ganga pharmacy ......

Worgordie plans to hug the rails and plans to woo the undecided voter with free spirits .....

Justweird is already planning to lead the field, and don't expect anything orthodox from this camp. Word has it that he is allied with Sanemax. What a pair they would make!

Henrik's dog has been impregnated by one of the soi gang and he's not available for comment .....

VF is his usual self and thinks not about the POTY. If he wins, fine, if he doesn't, fine too. In fact there's nothing  about his life that isn't fine!

Sipi is secretly planning a triple alliance and word has it he has sold his soul to the red hot favourite .....

Canuckamuck sells doughnuts and coffee early in the morning and he is the intellectual dark horse of this year's contest. 

Andrew Dwyer still can't believe he's running and is frantically looking for a campaign manager. Lots of brown envelopes being prepared and expect this guy to mount a serious challenge ......

Yinn is the one everyone is talking about and after many calls for a live TV interview, she is considering giving a 45 minute interview of Channel 2 ..... She already has some heavy support and there are those who fear Russian involvement ...... Odds on with William Hill this morning ...... It all depends on the start ....

Robblock doesn't even know he's in this, can someone PM him? Many followers, this ex weightlifter could be lifting the trophy on Jan 1st and can never be ruled out!

Ivorbigun is a modest chap who finds it hard to be in the limelight, and ever since the infamous god thread, he has become a household name. Rumours are the next thread will be entitled "where do we do when we die?" A dark horse who, like most well endowed chaps, never wears shorts, and some are saying he could spring the biggest upset since the POTY began!

Isaanbiker says he will change the laws regarding big bikes, should he win ....... wonder what he has in store?

ThreeEyedRaven is one of the runners who could pull this off. A staggering likes to posts ratio sets him above the field, and watch for his witty, but always correct, posts. A relative newcomer, some bookies are refusing to take bets on this runner.

Britmantoo wants to get Brexit sorted and would use his influence to push that through, and he's one of the genuine nice guys, and they are usually cut down in the first grueling section. If he's still standing on the final lap, he's in with a chance of a podium finish.

Last but not least, geronimo has no time for campaigning, as he has to keep everyone informed, which is seriously hampering his campaign. He has made some great posts this year and when he's not donating food to the local battered women's hostel, he can be found wandering in his garden, never far away from his inhaler!

Not all runners were covered in this report, as they are keeping a low profile .....

8 hours ago, bendejo said:

A few on the list I suspect are trolls with multiple logins.  Could be some interesting results when this is done.

If they are getting paid for this then being named POTY is sort of like winning the Golden Globes of trolling.

That's an interesting theory, btw, could someone let me know where is that list ?

Is there an "official" list of nominations ? How many nominations is one allowed ?

Just now, mauGR1 said:

That's an interesting theory, btw, could someone let me know where is that list ?

Is there an "official" list of nominations ? How many nominations is one allowed ?

The list can be found on this thread, and is updated by yours truly, the next update will be sometime this morning. As for how many nominations, carry on until a mod tells you otherwise. This list is about as official as you're gonna get, sorry!

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

The list can be found on this thread, and is updated by yours truly, the next update will be sometime this morning. As for how many nominations, carry on until a mod tells you otherwise. This list is about as official as you're gonna get, sorry!

Well, on page 17 there is a list posted by the excellent member @sirineou, but for some reason, it has become impossible to read.

Perhaps you could start a specific thread just for the nominations ?

2 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, on page 17 there is a list posted by the excellent member @sirineou, but for some reason, it has become impossible to read.

Perhaps you could start a specific thread just for the nominations ?

I'll update shortly (this thread is named POTY 2019 Nominations)

As is customary, the POTY holder will read his closing speech, which I am sure he is compiling as we speak.

Colin will reveal the behind the scenes of his 12-month tenure, and such is his popularity, it might be published in paperback format.

13 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Andrew Dwyer still can't believe he's running and is frantically looking for a campaign manager. Lots of brown envelopes being prepared and expect this guy to mount a serious challenge ......

I have indeed depleted all stock of envelopes ( brown manila ) at Office Mate and am now in the process of filling them.

After posting your vote ( pour moi ) pm me with your address and your reward will be on its way.

NOTE: envelope will contain anything between some of those nice shiny notes (red in colour) and a handful of 7-11 stamps !!

It has been a tough year ????

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I have indeed depleted all stock of envelopes ( brown manila ) at Office Mate and am now in the process of filling them.

After posting your vote ( pour moi ) pm me with your address and your reward will be on its way.

NOTE: envelope will contain anything between some of those nice shiny notes (red in colour) and a handful of 7-11 stamps !!

Most voters have a Bitcoin virtual wallet, so you could save heaps on postage ....

If any novices are thinking they could save money by not hiring a campaign manager, think again! Your CM is the one who digs the dirt on your rivals, and his spin team are very good at turning a positive into a negative.

It will come as no surprise to learn that the 10 million bt POTY budget tricked its way through the hierarchy and a grand total of 2,648 bt finally arrived in the treasurer's account. This is just enough to buy the lao kao for the final gala ceremony!!!!! And no, you can't ask what happened to the rest!!!!

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Wow!... that's a very, very old photograph of @billd766 you have there.

Possibly not one of my better days.

13 hours ago, baboon said:

Look again. It was Kim Jong-il, not Bill...

An easy mistake to make, as it was before I became follicly challenged.

3 hours ago, geronimo said:

Campaign news just in ........

Poohy is concerned with the duration of the race and the fact that there are no restrooms along the way ....

NCC1701A has yet to devise a plan, he's more interested in the pretties he fondled at the weigh-in ..... Expect a surge as he always is a fast starter but lacks stamina .....

Bluesofa wants to know how many seats he'll get, and if sharp wit counts, he'll be in the frame!

Billd has been seen with Baboon in Lopburi, so expect an alliance to form, and Justgrazing is nowhere to be found; last seen heading off to the ganga pharmacy ......

Worgordie plans to hug the rails and plans to woo the undecided voter with free spirits .....

Justweird is already planning to lead the field, and don't expect anything orthodox from this camp. Word has it that he is allied with Sanemax. What a pair they would make!

Henrik's dog has been impregnated by one of the soi gang and he's not available for comment .....

VF is his usual self and thinks not about the POTY. If he wins, fine, if he doesn't, fine too. In fact there's nothing  about his life that isn't fine!

Sipi is secretly planning a triple alliance and word has it he has sold his soul to the red hot favourite .....

Canuckamuck sells doughnuts and coffee early in the morning and he is the intellectual dark horse of this year's contest. 

Yinn is the one everyone is talking about and after many calls for a live TV interview, she is considering giving a 45 minute interview of Channel 2 ..... She already has some heavy support and there are those who fear Russian involvement ...... Odds on with William Hill this morning ...... It all depends on the start ....

Robblock doesn't even know he's in this, can someone PM him? Many followers, this ex weightlifter could be lifting the trophy on Jan 1st and can never be ruled out!

Ivorbigun is a modest chap who finds it hard to be in the limelight, and ever since the infamous god thread, he has become a household name. Rumours are the next thread will be entitled "where do we do when we die?" A dark horse who, like most well endowed chaps, never wears shorts, and some are saying he could spring the biggest upset since the POTY began!

Isaanbiker says he will change the laws regarding big bikes, should he win ....... wonder what he has in store?

ThreeEyedRaven is one of the runners who could pull this off. A staggering likes to posts ratio sets him above the field, and watch for his witty, but always correct, posts. A relative newcomer, some bookies are refusing to take bets on this runner.

Britmantoo wants to get Brexit sorted and would use his influence to push that through, and he's one of the genuine nice guys, and they are usually cut down in the first grueling section. If he's still standing on the final lap, he's in with a chance of a podium finish.

Last but not least, geronimo has no time for campaigning, as he has to keep everyone informed, which is seriously hampering his campaign. He has made some great posts this year and when he's not donating food to the local battered women's hostel, he can be found wandering in his garden, never far away from his inhaler!

Not all runners were covered in this report, as they are keeping a low profile .....

Excellent reporting.

11 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I heard they dropped a nuclear bomb on Grimsby, which caused 75 pounds worth of damage!

The name in itself: Grim-sby

Another place not so far from Grimsby is Grimethorpe. Grime-thorpe.

I'm afraid I can't dissect the third,

Scunthorpe.

4 hours ago, geronimo said:

Avoiding the pack works very well, as they hack and tear at each other, there are always fallers, and why try to mess with other runners if someone else can do it for you!

A strategy that appears to work for horses in the Grand National.

5 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Would Black pool be somewhere near.  A new thread maybe , the most depressing place names.

How about Twatt ! Or Minge lane or Scratchy Bottom ? Nob end, brown Willy ,  All in the UK

Anyway, we digress, back to topic please ????????

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

You're not still using brown envelopes filled with colored paper are you?

Even though he did eat the original contents, at least Thaksin used a Dunkin Donuts box.

Speaking of... If I was a candidate, I would accept nothing less than 2 large boxes of fresh, Crispy Creme donuts.

My dogs are hungry.

Archived