Uk Passport Renewal

Thaihog

officialy 10 working days, but i've just had 2 mates renew theirs and 1 got his back in a week, however another option for you to decide upon and the only thing that is cheap at the embassy is pay an extra 30 baht (roughly) and they will EMS your passport to you anywhere in Thailand, so it saves you hanging around in BKK for a week or 2.

BB

PS remember songkran coming up soon, and i presume the embassy is closed then, so working on the 10 working days, i'd get it in early next week, unless of course you are in no rush.

Edited by buriramboy

Be aware that prices are rising from 1st April.

(From the Embassy website)

In 2006-07 British consulates overseas will have issued or amended in the region of 450,000 passports and issued 12,000 emergency and temporary passports.

From 1 April 2007 the following fees will apply:

Adult 32 page: £ 119.00 (up from £91.00)

Adult 48 page: £ 144.00 (up from £109.00)

Child: £ 76.00 (up from £ 59.00)

Emergency: £ 55.50 (up from £ 43.50)

Amendments: £ 97.50 (up from £ 75.50)

Temporary: £ 70.50 (up from £ 55.00)

Passport fees were last increased in December 2005 to cover the costs of the implementation and issuing of new Biometric Passports.

my main problem with passports is that i am paying for a 10 year passport and just cause i fill it up earlier, why should i have to pay for a new one, not my fault if the embassy can't supply enough pages. i think 10 years should mean 10 years and if you fill it up early which most of us do living out here, a 48 page one which the bangkok embassy are NO longer issueing generaly lasts me 3-4 years, so why should i have to pay for another one. one should be issued to me free of charge with the remaining 6-7 years on.

I'd be interested in the outcome if anyone ever tried to take this to court in the UK.

sorry for hi-jacking your thread, should have opened a new topic for my rant.

BB

Looking at the price rises, being a UK citizen gets more and more pricey, with of course lower and lower standards of service. However, in case you have forgotten it's easter on April 6 and 9 so there may be delays over there along with the Embassy being closed over Songkran here.

Regards

my main problem with passports is that i am paying for a 10 year passport and just cause i fill it up earlier, why should i have to pay for a new one, not my fault if the embassy can't supply enough pages. i think 10 years should mean 10 years and if you fill it up early which most of us do living out here, a 48 page one which the bangkok embassy are NO longer issueing generaly lasts me 3-4 years, so why should i have to pay for another one. one should be issued to me free of charge with the remaining 6-7 years on.

I'd be interested in the outcome if anyone ever tried to take this to court in the UK.

BB

When you get a new passport, you agree to the conditions in the passport. Have you read them? Please read the notes on page 2.

Edited by mr_hippo

BB

Not sure why they wouldn't issue the 48 page passport. Maybe you know something we don't?

It's on the British Embassy website stating cost from April 2007 is £144. Bit of a rip-off though as in England the cost of this is £114.50 for same day service. Basic cost is £77. I think Thai's pay about 1500 baht or something for theirs.

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1109174410641

Edited by stament

BB

Not sure why they wouldn't issue the 48 page passport. Maybe you know something we don't?

It's on the British Embassy website stating cost from April 2007 is £144. Bit of a rip-off though as in England the cost of this is £114.50 for same day service. Basic cost is £77. I think Thai's pay about 1500 baht or something for theirs.

i have been reliably informed that the embassy in bangkok are no longer issueing 48 page passports, the maximum is 32 pages, however if this is not true i will stand corrected, and maybe someone with more knowledge than me can say definitavely one way or the other.

BB

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/servlet/F...d=1109174410641

Edited by buriramboy