Age spots, liver spots, moles etc

rak sa_ngop

Does anybody have experience of using a Bangkok clinic/hospital to reduce age spots on the face using laser etc techniques. I am starting to develop liver spots and other spots and am wondering if I could have them investigated with a view to reducing their visual impact. There seem to be lots of clinics offering cosmetic treatments but I am reticent to approach one without a direct recommendation.

Any comments (apart from 'learn to live with it Spotty') would be welcome.

IPL  is helpful but noewdays few places in Thailand offer it as not so suitablefor Thai skin.

I have been getting it at 

http://www.bangkoklaser.com

Needs several treatments each at least 2 weeks apart. The doctors who do it are thete only some days of the week. The male Dr is best.

I had a lot of trouble getting them to use strong enough settings...again everything here is geared to Thai skin and Thai concerns and they are pertrified of causing meleasma which occasionally occurs in Asians after IPL. After getting zero result the first time doc did a second treatment free using a diffetent machine (from Italy and it's upstairs wheteas the weak one is on ground floor). This worked and I ead especially happy with tesults on my hands.

In my experience if it does not feel like rubber band snapping against ypur skin when they do it and create temporary ted marks (gone by next day) it wasn't strong enough. 

age spots AKA "liver spots"

Won't do anything for moles and not a good idea if active acne

Basically for age spots (lentigines to be exact) what works is:

- IPL

-chemical peels

-laser resurfacing

in increasing level of invasiveness

Thanks for your comments. Seems like I need to to have moles etc removed and analysed for cancer etc as a separate procedure to having age/liver spots treated by laser or other skin treatments.

So is it best to go to a hospital to get the mole/spot removal taken care of, or is there a clinic somebody can recommend that can perform all procedures (and have cancer tests performed). Basically a 'one stop spot shop'?

Are these moles that have changed in appearance or size recently?

If there is a high index of suspicion I would take care to go to someone experienced in skin cancer and there are very, very few such in Thailand and none with their own clinics.

You need to be concerned not only about the doctor's experience bu also the pathologist who reads the slide. Not much skin cancer in Thailand.

If it is just a cosmetic removal then no problem.

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Are these moles that have changed in appearance or size recently?

If there is a high index of suspicion I would take care to go to someone experienced in skin cancer and there are very, very few such in Thailand and none with their own clinics.

You need to be concerned not only about the doctor's experience bu also the pathologist who reads the slide. Not much skin cancer in Thailand.

If it is just a cosmetic removal then no problem.

largely agree but any derm residency spends considerable time on benign vs malignant / premalignant pathology and treatment options eg; referral vs in office treatment depending on comfort level with procedure. thai derm programs follow the us model/curriculum  even IM programs teach and test on benign vs non benign skin lesions

must be cautious if the doctor did not complete a derm residency but just learned some cosmetic procedures

Edited by atyclb