Dependent child visa

Married to Thai woman,have 3 year old child,born after marriage,dual citizenship USA. Have type o multiple entry marriage visa now,expired in November,have last 90 day re-entry.Visa expires in late January.Wife left,has been gone 40 days from minor argument.Has done this three times,lack of communication skills and bipolar.Probably will return as before,but if she doesn't by mid January,I will have to get a dependent child visa for one year from Laos (Savannakhet). I don't have copy of her ID,so marriage visa won't work.I've read it somewhere I can stay here because of my child.Asking for verification on this.

You can get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai in Vientiane or Savannakhet. Or a multiple entry in Penang by showing 400k baht in a bank.

You could get a 60 day extension to visit your child at immigration to get more time if needed. You will need their birth certificate and a copy of their house book registry.

I have the marriage visa,and want to stay because of my child.What is the difference of a single and multiple entry visa? I have the multiple marriage visa and had to go to a border crossing every 90 days for the stamp.I'm on my last re=entry so want another one year visa based on my childlike I said.I do have the original birth certificate and a copy of tambien bahn,plus her and my passports.

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

What is the difference of a single and multiple entry visa?

A single entry non-o visa only allows one 90 day entry. A multiple entry visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I want to stay here indefinitely because of my daughter.If I have a single entry,don't I still have to go to a border crossing every 90 days and won't that cancel it being a single and not a multiple visa?

Single entry entitles you to stay three month only. ( 90 days) Multiple Entry is for one year. But you'll also need the original marriage certificate, plus her ID card signed. 

Edited by Isaanbiker

Like I said,I have my daughter's birth certificate,copy of tambien bahn,daughter's and my passports,and I need to stay here at least a year at a time.I'm still married and have the marriage certificate,but not a copy of her ID.If she doesn't return by late January,I'm forced to get my daughter's dependant visa.

17 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Like I said,I have my daughter's birth certificate,copy of tambien bahn,daughter's and my passports,and I need to stay here at least a year at a time.I'm still married and have the marriage certificate,but not a copy of her ID.If she doesn't return by late January,I'm forced to get my daughter's dependant visa.

Unless you get divorced immigration are unlikely to allow you to change the reason for your stay from spouse to parent, without your wife’s cooperation, so a new Non O is the way to go.

As suggested a short term option would be a 60 day extension in January, but even that might be problematic without your wife around.

A Multiple Entry Non O from Penang would be the best option. You can apply for an extension of stay during any of the 90 day entries made with that visa if your circumstances change.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can get a single entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai in Vientiane or Savannakhet. Or a multiple entry in Penang by showing 400k baht in a bank.

You could get a 60 day extension to visit your child at immigration to get more time if needed. You will need their birth certificate and a copy of their house book registry.

Curiosity, must that 400k be in a Thai Bank? Or could you show savings >400kTHB equivalent, in another major currency in another country, since these application locations are outside Thailand.

1 minute ago, UKresonant said:

Curiosity, must that 400k be in a Thai Bank? Or could you show savings >400kTHB equivalent, in another major currency in another country, since these application locations are outside Thailand.

It doesn’t have to be a Thai bank.

• Thanks 1